Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hard time working out- blue sway

I began my sway plan beginning of this month but I've only managed to workout once a week!!!!!! I want my sway to be successful and I want to give it my all but I'm finding it sooooo hard to do weights 3-4x a week!!!!

Anyone have any tips for me? Any easy programs they like to follow? Should I just buy some dumbells for home and use those ?
    DD 2017

Successful blue sway May 2019:

Successful blue sway December 2021

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Some good lifting programs to get into are "Starting Strength" or "Stronglifts for women." They break it down for you and are often 3-4x a week. Even just following some videos on YouTube using dumbbells can help I believe.

Tagging in just for atomic's commentary. I'm still bummed I didn't get more lifting in before this pregnancy, but I also lifted 4x a week for years before DD (on top of cardio), and couch potato seems to be all over the place in terms of what it sways, so hopefully doing anything helps!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I jump in but just to be sure...

Panther, when you say couch potato seems to be all over the place, do you mean that there were lots of successfull blue sways that happened while being couch potato ? I had the same feeling while reading "how we got our boys" that although some mothers are very active, many also were couch potato, on holidays, honeymoons and whatevs when they conceived their boys and could not have been weight lifting at the time too... I also have trouble regularly doing sports.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    I jump in but just to be sure...

Panther, when you say couch potato seems to be all over the place, do you mean that there were lots of successfull blue sways that happened while being couch potato ? I had the same feeling while reading "how we got our boys" that although some mothers are very active, many also were couch potato, on holidays, honeymoons and whatevs when they conceived their boys and could not have been weight lifting at the time too... I also have trouble regularly doing sports.
    Yup, exactly that! I saw sooo many more women say they never exercised or did much in "how we got our boys" vs moms who had girls. I think last I saw the rec was still do lots of cardio for girls (which is what I was doing before DD), but that couch potato was better than moderate exercise (the middle of the road exercise seeming to sway blue). But idk, it definitely seems like less exercise plays into the theories for blue and weight lifting/mild exercise is more for mitigating weight gain and contributing to muscle/testosterone. It's like the one area I'm still confused on (and concerned with for myself) for swaying. I do also know lots of body builder/fitness moms of all boys.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, I was couch potato for both my girls XD and overweight since DD1. But my diet was atrocious (skipping meals, lots of carbs, no vits, no sups, not even in winter even though I knew I lacked both iron and omega 3)... Low magnesium, low potassium. I got scolded sooo much for all that by docs and ob-gyns... But I was still walking so I didn't care.

Since I've started One a Day women, the changes are spectacular : skin, hair, mood... everything is golden literally !

Idk about sports. Maybe too much, especially when you didn't do much before, can be perceived as a dangerous situation by the body (like a need to fight or escape) so -> girls. But if your body is used to regular sports many times a week or if it's regular but quiet, it is just perceived as something good (more energy, more muscles) so -> boys ? You did lots of cardio and weight-lifting but didn't you say also that your diet was not too good ? I think it may be one of the biggest key factor.
    2014 ------- surprise 2016

Dreaming of a

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    Honestly, I was couch potato for both my girls XD and overweight since DD1. But my diet was atrocious (skipping meals, lots of carbs, no vits, no sups, not even in winter even though I knew I lacked both iron and omega 3)... Low magnesium, low potassium. I got scolded sooo much for all that by docs and ob-gyns... But I was still walking so I didn't care.

Since I've started One a Day women, the changes are spectacular : skin, hair, mood... everything is golden literally !

Idk about sports. Maybe too much, especially when you didn't do much before, can be perceived as a dangerous situation by the body (like a need to fight or escape) so -> girls. But if your body is used to regular sports many times a week or if it's regular but quiet, it is just perceived as something good (more energy, more muscles) so -> boys ? You did lots of cardio and weight-lifting but didn't you say also that your diet was not too good ? I think it may be one of the biggest key factor.
    Oh man if couch potato swayed blue I'd be winning this time around !!!
    With my DD I was trying to loose weight so I cut calories, did lots of cardio and lots of hot yoga! I almost always skipped breakfast and ate 3-4 hours after waking up. I can see now how most of that was pink friendly!

Right now I'm 8 months post partum! I'm finding it very hard to get back into working out !
    DD 2017

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Some good lifting programs to get into are "Starting Strength" or "Stronglifts for women." They break it down for you and are often 3-4x a week. Even just following some videos on YouTube using dumbbells can help I believe.

Tagging in just for atomic's commentary. I'm still bummed I didn't get more lifting in before this pregnancy, but I also lifted 4x a week for years before DD (on top of cardio), and couch potato seems to be all over the place in terms of what it sways, so hopefully doing anything helps!
    Thanks for those recommendations !! I just ordered a 8lb set of weights for home, let's see if I can make the most of the rest of the sway!!!

How many times did you manage to do weights this time around panther?
    DD 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tali.kah View Post
    Thanks for those recommendations !! I just ordered a 8lb set of weights for home, let's see if I can make the most of the rest of the sway!!!

How many times did you manage to do weights this time around panther?
    I really only did 2 or 3 times in the 6 weeks beforehand (between FET and then a week out of town, only had so much time to). I did a lot of yoga though, which is at least body weight strength training. Also did some hiking and walking, which always involves wearing or holding DD.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just chipping in, I was full on Jane Fonda cardio queen when I got my girl, but was trying to lose weight (and unintentionally swayed girl!). I was total couch potato for my boy, but was doing MANY other boy sway things when I got him
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i was couch potato for all 5 of my boys, ive never lifted weights.
    now 6blue5pink

15. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast