Thread: How to check CM

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to check CM

I was supposed to be Oing today but how do I check my CM cause we DTD last night.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What was CM like before you DTD? I guess you just have to clean yourelf up then wait a couple of hours to check.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cm was stretchy and cloudy / ew

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DON'T clean yourself up after DTD for a boy!!!! Very important not to do that because the semen is high in pH and helps keep the sperm alive to make it. I know you're talking about the day AFTER BD and the sperm is gone by then, but I just want people to know not to do this right after BD.

The answer is, you don't. Most people's CM dries up on O day anyway and so it doesn't tell you a whole lot. Under normal circumstances, CM will stretch and semen doesn't, but on O day some people no longer have stretchy CM anyway. Besides, the purpose of semen and EWCM is exactly the same (protect and nourish sperm) and you want them BOTH in there so removing one to check the other doesn't gain you anything. Esp if you're going to BD again, having that first batch of semen or whatever is left of it, is only going to help your sway and also raise your odds of conception.

If you MUST check CM, you can tell the diff. by dropping a blob of it into water. if it floats or dissolves, it's semen. If it sinks, it's EWCM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    DON'T clean yourself up after DTD for a boy!!!! Very important not to do that because the semen is high in pH and helps keep the sperm alive to make it. I know you're talking about the day AFTER BD and the sperm is gone by then, but I just want people to know not to do this right after BD.

The answer is, you don't. Most people's CM dries up on O day anyway and so it doesn't tell you a whole lot. Under normal circumstances, CM will stretch and semen doesn't, but on O day some people no longer have stretchy CM anyway. Besides, the purpose of semen and EWCM is exactly the same (protect and nourish sperm) and you want them BOTH in there so removing one to check the other doesn't gain you anything. Esp if you're going to BD again, having that first batch of semen or whatever is left of it, is only going to help your sway and also raise your odds of conception.

If you MUST check CM, you can tell the diff. by dropping a blob of it into water. if it floats or dissolves, it's semen. If it sinks, it's EWCM.
    did you try this at home? true tho bc in the toilet i noticed globs of ewcm does sink tmi sorry!

Polpectomy/Hysteroscopy complete (2 polyps)
    June ER @ HRC
    30 retrieved, 24 mature, 23 fertilized, 17 to biopsy, 5 normal, 2xy!, 1 transferred, 1 frozen
    HB seen at 6w4d!

I can't believe I did this!

My HT son
    My family is complete. Baby fever resolved!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo77 View Post
    did you try this at home? true tho bc in the toilet i noticed globs of ewcm does sink tmi sorry!

That's just the info I have from TCYOF - EWCM sinks, semen floats/dissolves.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ