Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

4 months of trying no bfp :(

Another month, and af is here. Now I'm onto my 5th cycle of trying. I experienced great emotional distress/stress just around ovulation(or right after) this month because of family issues, but af is back after a 30 day cycle. I'm quite sure I had a chemical last month, however apart from that af is here at it's normal time. I'm trying not to lose hope but it feels so difficult. I'm eating well, at optimum weight, and taking supps. This month I did lax on my vitamin D and only took it when I remembered, but diet, attempts, etc have been good. I don't know then what I'm doing wrong. It's been especially hard recently knowing that an acquaintance of mine is expecting her first child, a boy. I'm happy for her but feel incredibly miserable about my situation. How can I cope? Should we see a doctor?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your husband is willing to do a sperm analysis then it may be a good idea to see the doctor. We have had a few people who inexplicably did not conceive only to eventually find out their husband had an issue. And they'd be able to check your egg quality at that time.

I do think you guys will get pregnant soon, though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As you mention, I think it’s time to see the doctor just to know if everything is in order. Also Atomic, this cycle I want to stop taking my supps(elevit prenatal, vit D, probiotic), because I want a ‘break’ from everything. I’ll continue my diet as usual but feel like laying off the supps.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok but you can't just stop them, you need to wean off them gradually. Stopping them suddenly is not good for you and may really disrupt your cycle.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I will wean off the supps, and just take them every other day now.

So I went to see my doctor(DH had work), and she said that 4 months is not a long time and not to worry, and reassured me that I will get pregnant soon. She explained ovulation and fertile window etc., and said that I have only ovulated 4 times so far, so just need to keep trying each month. She also said to BD every other day rather than everyday otherwise the sperm doesn't have enough time to mature, so the immature sperm get to the egg. Apart from that she told not to worry yet, it's not until the 7-8 month mark they make referrals to analysis/check-up and look into treatments. I even said that I worry if something's wrong with me or DH but she said it's most likely nothing wrong, but can just take a little while for some couples to get bfp.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I agree with her totally (remember, I've been saying it takes an average of 3-6 months to fall pregnant!) My point was that if you were feeling that nervous about it that you were going to go in for testing, be sure to have both you and DH tested at that time and it might give you peace of mind if everything is normal. But the odds are very good that it will happen soon!

Have you been BD every day?? It's fine to BD daily in the fertile window (and in fact PLEASE DO NOT BD every other day in the fertile window, that is not a good way to get pregnant because you can easily end up with attempts O-4, O-2, and O Day which is really only one good attempt for many people depending on when they have sex relative to when the egg is released, let alone is also not good for your sway) But don't BD every day outside of the fertile window.

7. Likes hurrem liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's CD33 and no sign of AF. But I took a test yesterday and it came back negative, so not sure what is going on

Throughout the cycle we BD every other day, and sometimes two days in a row. Didn't overthink about the attempts, just did it when we could, but made sure it was consistent. And after every attempt I fell asleep, got up a few hours later to go bathroom, even outside my expected fertile window. But even if I ovulated late this cycle, we had the days covered.

I have sore bbs right now, had quite a lot of cramping for some days(espec near ovaries), discharge, and tmi even my nipples have changed colour, these can all be signs of AF too though. I just want AF to be here already so I can move on to the next cycle, because surely if I was pregnant I would have gotten a bfp already.

The last cycle was difficult from experiencing a lot of emotional distress. Actually there was another altercation around my time of O this cycle(which was settled), so maybe it affected the timing. Don't know what to do, and I know my doctor said it will happen soon, I just want to know when so I could have a peace of mind.
    Last edited by hurrem; December 18th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I absolutely want you to be trying. You can still ovulate!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The witch is here again this month.

I was 3 days late this cycle, and my period started in the afternoon this time which never happens. Probably an effect of weaning off the supps and a change in sleeping patterns.

Onto month 6 now. Don’t know when it will happen but have resigned myself to thinking it will take time. Can’t hold hope each month anymore, I want to direct my mind and energy to other things in life.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you manage to have any attempts when you probably ovulated? WE should keep going with every other day for a few days after you think you've ovulated if at all possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast