Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have O pains before, during, and after ovulation. They are NOT caused solely or even often at ALL by the egg emerging from the ovary (in some cases, O pains are actually relieved by ovulation, like popping a ripe zit.) Instead, they're caused by the swelling pain of the ovary as it develops eggs, the Falllopian tube cramping to move the egg down into the uterus, the fluid that comes from the corpus luteum hitting the fimbria of the tubes, and your body absorbing the unovulated eggs. These things do not coincide with the moment of ovulation like people assume they do.

Your ovaries develop eggs on both sides every month. 15-30 of them (which is a LOT!) This can cause O pains to happen on either side, and in many cases people feel worse pain on the side the egg does not come from as nothing happens to release the pressure.

I have talked to into the 10's of thousands of people by now and have had hundreds of reports where people swore to me they felt ovulation pains only to end up never having ovulated, and others who told me they felt O pains on one side only to have an ultrasound proving they ovulated from the other side! I myself have epic ovulation pains and it's not uncommon for me to have them starting CD 3-5 and going all the way through till a few days after ovulation. I've also had O pains in months I never ovulated (so like I had them CD 14 but then never ovulated for months after that) There's just no rhyme or reason to them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks atomic for the clarity.

We are planning to have our first attempt tonight as my OPK was positive this morning. I am feeling nervous about it, it affected my sleep last night so I have napped a bit in the day to try and make up for some of it. My test is positive a day earlier compared to normal, I could see a slight darkness in the OPK yesterday evening but it wasn't positive which probably caused my nerves to shoot up as i knew it will likely be positive today!
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 29th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and tons of blue dust headed your way!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic 😊

Preseed is something we are planning to use, do you know if there are any risks associated with using it? Have a lot of blue swayers used it? Just wandering if there have been any effects on how pregnancies have developed that you are aware of?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as we know Preseed is safe. It has been extensively tested for safety.

Yes, many many people have used it, not only swayers but people trying to conceive.

The Preseed will be long gone from your body by the time any new pregnancy is capable of being harmed by it. And it really cannot get up inside where the sperm meets egg, it just isn't possible.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I guess what I was getting at is does it make it easier for not so healthy sperm to get to the egg?

Also after having intercourse I was planning to stay on my front after we finished in doggy with a pillow underneath my tummy for 15 minutes, then go on my back for 15 minutes is this ok? I would then try and sleep without going to the toilet as I don't want everything to come out. As I am using preseed are you meant to urinate after or can you go to sleep? I am just wandering about risk of infection?

Also how much time are you meant to leave in between attempts is there a set amount? We tried around 10pm at night and again around 7am this morning is this ok?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 30th, 2021 at 02:44 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Again, it's extensively tested for safety, including testing for things like increased rates of miscarriage and such.

Preseed has actually been shown to be INFERIOR to your body's natural CM (though it's still better than any other lubricant on the market), so if anything fewer unhealthy sperm could get through.

Yes, laying on your belly and then on your back after sex is fine. Preseed is sterile and actually less likely to cause infection than semen (and just having sex itself, because the genitals are covered with microbes that get moved around during sex)

As a general rule it's always good to urinate before and after sex for the sake of preventing UTI but when TTC obviously we can't always do that. Urinate before sex and then lay flat after. The Preseed should not make you any more likely to have UTI than anything else though (unless you were allergic to it or somethign but you'd quickly figure that out)

As long as you're in the fertile window you can have attempts however close you want. You don't need to give it time for the sperm count to recover because all the sperm have a chance of surviving, so you aren't trying to make it just the one hugest batch of sperm ever, if that makes sense.

To illustrate - with one Shettles attempt you're trying to get as many sperm as you can in one shot. Let's call this 30 million sperm.

But if you're having three attempts, your first batch can be 30 million, your second batch might be 20 million, and the third might be 10 million - but you're STILL going to be in with far more sperm and all those sperm have a good chance of surviving because of the EWCM. No matter what you're still going to have way more sperm than one attempt.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply Atomic. We are planning our 3rd attempt tonight, do we need any more attempts this cycle? This will mean we have had 0-1 attempt at night, and 0 - 2 attempts AM and PM

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I'd continue on thru O Day - so on O Day I'd attempt at least once, and maybe even the day after if you're in any doubt about what day you will ovulate. Having an attempt the day after will guard against delayed ovulation.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for such a quick reply Atomic. What's the situation with exercise around the time of ovulation? Are you meant to carry on as normal? I have just finished a workout on the cross trainer and thought hope the motion of exercise doesn't affect what the swimmers are doing in there? It was 8.20pm when I finished the workout and we attempted at around 7am this morning. We will try again this evening, and possibly tomorrow aswell

Also my basal body temperature I had to check about 40 minutes earlier this morning to the time I usually do because we had to have our attempt, do you know if this will affect the accuracy of the temperature reading? If you don't do it at the exact same time each day?
    Last edited by Blueswayer1; April 30th, 2021 at 03:48 PM.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast