Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Third boy sway

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Third boy sway

Hi,
    I am a mum to 3 little lovely ladies, swayed twice for blue but failed. My husband has agreed to trying for one more baby & we would both love to add some blue to our family.

I posted previously & atomic kindly revomnended staying away from pregnacare before conception (used this with all babies) & BD’ing more than once in fertile window. We managed twice with our second child in this window but only once with our last baby so I do think this didnt help!

I would like to start trying next month, im expecting AF at some stage, was breastfeeding so my period has not returned just yet.

Is a month of changing diet, taking supplements, trying to build up muscle too short a window to give myself? In terms of supplements im taking a basic folic acid (400mg) and vit d at the minute. I was planning of getting a better one though but I dont know what to get. Is Centrum for women and men suitable plus a seperate pottassium supplement? What about l’arginine and cq 10 - should I try to get something with these in them for both of us? And lastly is there any specific probiotic that would help, particular strains etc? I dont want to go overboard but I would like to give it the best shot I can. I drink a double shot of coffee daily which I love - should I cut this out? I eat fortified cereal with semi skimmed milk every morn, snack on breadsticks & fruit. Lunch will consist of meat or chicken with some veg and either rice or pasta typically. Supper is typically pizza, chicken salad sandwich etc. I do snack on crisps or choc most evenings - with a beer maybe 2 times a week. My husband doesnt eat much fruit or veg but I donr think I can do much about this unless I get smoothies maybe?

Any help/guidance would be so appreciated.
    Thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to add these were supplements I was looking at as they have more folic acid in them than centrum
    https://www.boots.com/seven-seas-try...#BVRRContainer

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a list of the supplements I recommend:

You do not need potassium supplements, you'll get plenty from diet.

Fish oil no more than 500 mg (if you can only find 750/1000 take every other day instead of daily) (hubby can take this too)

Prenatal or multivitamin with no more than 100% of most nutrients and without added herbal components (with the Vitamin D you can go up to 250% but the other stuff should not be megadoses, just 100%) Your husband can take this too. Centrum or One a Day are good supplements that are easy to find in most places.

IF you are drinking green tea, using the baking soda drinks, taking any herbal supplements (green tea is ok, but I don't personally recommend the others), are over 35ish or have a history of miscarriages, or are hoping for twins take 2000 mcg folic acid or folate total (including the amount in your prenatal). Take this thru the entire first trimester of pregnancy then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to the amount in prenatal. (Hubby does NOT need, and should not take, additional folic acid or folate. Only 400 for him)

Probiotic - while on some sites this was recommended for pink, we had such terrible results for girls with probiotics we switched over to using them for boys to great effect! I would try to find a kind that has a variety of different strains and not just one particular kind. Both you and your hubby should use these.

If you'd like, you can take 100 mg coq10 daily till BFP and then gradually wean off. This is the least important supplement though. Both of you can take this.

Robitussin or Mucinex - use this starting about 3 days before you expect to ovulate and carry on 3 days afterwards. Hubby does not need this unless you find his semen is very thick and clumpy.

Avoid things like fertility herbs, Asian herbs, anything said to "aid implantation" as you do not need them and they can very much harm your blue sway.

Your husband can also add in l-arginine 500 mg and l-carnitine 1000 mg daily. you SHOULD NOT take this or any supplement that has either component in there, even if someone tells you it is good for blue. These have wreaked havoc with people's menstrual cycles, dried up their cervical mucus, and been associated with sway opposites.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer to see you guys wait 6 weeks for blue sways but if you just can't wait, keep in mind it's possible you won't get preggo the first month out and will end up with enough time on diet anyway.

A small amount of coffee intake is fine. Just don't go overboard with it. Tea is better though if you can bring yourself to make the switch. A beer or two a couple times a week is also ok.

I want you to switch from part-skim milk to full fat if at all possible.

No worries about hubby's fruit intake, the fruit and veg is most important for you.

Sending tons of blue dust headed your way!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response Atomic.
    Yes can wait 6 weeks absolutely if thats what you'd recommend. I’ll get fish oil & centrum for both of us & leave it at that with supplements. I’ll also use the cough syrup around ovulation when the time comes.
    Is three ginger tea by Pukka ok or should I steer clear & drink regular tea only?
    Also in terms of DTD, what exactly should we be at over the next 6-8 weeks or does it really only matter when we are actually trying to conceive?
    Thank you again, fingers crossed!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    https://www.naturesbest.co.uk/fish-o...ish-oil-500mg/
    Does this fish oil look ok, I never understand the ingredients list

Or are these better and take every other day?
    https://www.boots.com/boots-omega-3-...sules-10149643

Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Avoid the three ginger tea as it has licorice, which some believe sways pink, and is unsafe anyway. It has to be actual tea to have the benefits for your sway.

Having regular unprotected sex every 2-4 days is great for blue (just skipping the fertile window to avoid pregnancy prematurely). Exposure to your partner's semen may help make you more blue-friendly. Now, if you're worried about this, you can still have sex every 2-4 days just using protection. You want your partner to be regularly "cleaning the pipes" to ensure a large amount of healthy sperm.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go ahead with the Nature's Best, that actually has 500 though I agree the label is super confusing.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Ive started the fish oil & centrum & will cut back coffee to one a day. When the time comes what is the best pattern for BD when AF is finished? Is it every second day up until I get non flashy face and then try daily?
    Are fish and eggs good or bad? Ive read no to fish but im not sure why.
    Thank you again

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless you are a big believer in timing you can BD every 2-4 days all cycle long, and then once the fertile window opens (this can be either second flashy smiley or solid smiley, depending on your preference) hit it every day or even twice a day if possible.

If you are sold on timing (which does not work) you would want to use protection for the every 2-4 days release, and wait till that solid smiley to have unprotected attempts. But the first option is how most of us with all boys, myself included, got our boys. Lots of unprotected sex out of the fertile window, and then when we were actively TTC, we just kept going in the fertile window.

Fish and eggs are FINE for a boy sway. The old school swayers liked to pretend that there were "magic boy foods" and "magic girl foods" and so they'd assign foods to these categories but that approach is silly and biologically impossible. NO ONE on earth only eats foods from these categories and the "magic foods" thing is just plain goofy when you stop to think about it.

Fish and eggs are great for blue because they are nutrient rich. You can have eggs as much as you want - I love to see people aiming at 2 eggs a day if you can. As for fish, we do limit fish somewhat to 2-3 servings per week for blue but that is NOT because it's a bad food, it's because fish can have contaminants in it and all women TTC should limit fish to 2-3 servings a week when trying. And if you're eating fish that has a lot of mercury in it you should skip it entirely!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast