Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess of Pink View Post
    Found this info 5... There have been one or two cases reported where very large placental lakes were thought to be associated with poor placental function, but it is now known that almost all placentas have one or more lakes by the third trimester, and they don't seem to affect your baby in any way.

Research has found that placental lakes are present in about two per cent of pregnancies and are more common in thicker placentas. There appears to be no association with placental abruption (bleeding from the placenta during pregnancy), high blood pressure or pre-eclampsia, premature labour, small babies or stillbirths.

Because it would seem placental lakes are so common and have no significance, most sonographers do not report them, or even mention them to women.
    Thanks POP! Spoke to a friend online whose a midwife and she said the concern is that is can cause a thickened placenta and risk of PPH after delivery. I had PPH with last two so they are always on look out for that anyway.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Whose starting the MAy thread
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...ight=chit+chat

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    Bec, it's totally up to you of course, but if offered the chance to find out what gender the baby was, I would def. find out, for the sake of total closure, and a chance to have an identity attached to the baby. But like I said, you gotta do what's right for ya'll.
    Thanks Auroara. I think we will find out. I've just been thinking about it way too much I think.

Ok, moving onto may now!
    DW: 30
    DH: 32

2008 2010 2013

Cycle #1- HRC November 2014
    5 normal XX and 1 normal XY
    Transferred 1 XY HB BB- BFP!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344