Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

need your advice - opks.. few days of info.

also posted in May thread but need advice now! lol
    Was aiming for FR and was doing really well up until thursday, have not had sex since then and its now sunday 2.30pm, he is at work, took an opk yesterday was no 2nd line not even a hint of one so was assuming i would get fade in today (extra sensitive opks) anyhoo just took a test now and its a bloody positive, test line is as dark as control line, What should i do?? advice please. been on LE diet for 2 months, lost 5kgs, taking all the vitex, sp and baby asprin and also Zyrtec. just the FR has stuffed us up. advice please please
    Last edited by Kiesse; May 10th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Proud mummy to.. and also step mummy to
    Hoping to add a beautiful to the mix to complete our 2 families to one

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now i am confused. Just took another test and its faint. About 10 mins after 1st test. I had a few wines last nite, have had 3 coffees today and a glass of diet coke. My first test i done was with my 2nd pee of the day 1st pee was at 9am second was at 2.20 which is what i done first test with then done another pee only 10 min after 2nd which is what i tested with again and these are my results which one should i go with 2012-05-06 14.39.29.jpg2012-05-06 14.39.29.jpg

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go with the positive. It's possible that the other one wasn't functioning correctly... if you have a + you should put in an attempt!
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks, I will grap him as soon as he walks in door then do an attempt tonight. Do you think i should do another attempt tomorrow am? was kinda hoping for a cutoff but obviously that has gone out the window!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will do another OPK in 2-3 hours, will hold pee in until then. I had a few coffees this morning and drank about 15min before testing, does drinking anything prior to testing make a false positive? I nearly ALWAYS have a fade in so thats why im really confused, these are also ultra sensitive tests so should i take that into account?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just dont want to admit that its a positive, i just cant understand it, i keep thinking that maybe the pee was highly concentrated, as it was really dark, second pee was almost clear, so will see what next one is, is it possible to get false pos?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe in cutoffs, so you'll get another-attempt vote from me

Drinking soon before testing would cause a false negative (because of urine dilution), NOT a false positive. If you get ANYTHING that looks like a positive, go for it! I'm not sure about the ultra-sensitive tests part, I have always just used internet cheapies so I don't have any experience with anything else, sorry - maybe someone else will chime in about that?
    -=-=-
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the second pee was almost clear, that's more than likely why you got a negative. I have personal experience with positives (and then negatives) based on urine concentration alone, but not as close as 10 mins - actually now that I think about it, it makes sense that your second test would be so light since you really didn't have much urine concentration to register on the test. I still would strongly recommend that you go with the positive result.

Good luck!!
    -=-=-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And FYI - as far as urine concentration is concerned - I always take a FMU test (first morning) along with my CBFM when it is getting close to O, which is obviously very concentrated urine. I only get positives when I am actually surging, so I wouldn't imagine that your urine is TOO concentrated and is registering a false positive, if that's what you are worried about.
    -=-=-

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Man I am a dumb ass! I just checked yesterdays tests, the lady i got the tests from put in 2 preg tests as well, which i took yesterday HENCE THE REASON yesterdays was negative! How long does the OPK stay positive for? like would it stay positive until you ovulate? what if my O day is today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast