Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'd like to see you continue at a higher dose of D if you can - D is good for you! I took/take 1000 mcg in my last 3 pg.

Continue the B complex, nothing wrong with that! Some of the doses are a bit higher than the RDA but you just pee out excess B vites and none of them are at dangerously high levels. I'd like to see you take 1200-1600 mcg of folic (including the amount you're already taking.) thru the first trimester and then wean back to the amount in a prenatal.

What I would do is start by taking alternating one tablet, two tablets of the cal, mag (just drop the 3rd mag/zinc pill, I don't like you taking that much zinc) every other day for a couple days, then every two days, then every three days, then when you're taking it every 4 days (once a week) drop the pill. That leaves you with 600 mg calcium and about 130 mg mag, which is a fine and sane amount to take during pg.

With the RRL, I would go ahead and drop one of the pills right away and then gradually wean yourself off the other pill like I described with the cal-mag.
    Okay so I took one and a half calcium pills yesterday.. so for today take the full two and then two magnesium and the full B vitamin and one raspberry leave capsule..
    then I do that for 2 days correct? Or..switch one pill a day between the 2 I'm confused. Can you spell it out for me please? LOL
    So with the 400 mcg folate in the B vitamin take the whole 800 mcg tablet? Okay.

Also, I drink A TON of milk daily (and eat yogurt daily) since I stopped my coke habit. Should I still take the full 2 calcium tablets? For some reason it scares me to take 1200 mg if I do conceive this cycle.

And next time at the store I will pick up D vitamins.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic already covered it, but I just thought I'd mention that I've been taking a parental and an extra folic acid tablet daily my whole pregnancy. My mw thought it would be a good idea in the first trimester since I had just had the m/c so my body might be depleted, and after that she told me there was no reason to stop since it couldn't hurt. I also take daily vitamin D and calcium supplements.

I hope you get your BFP this month!!
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Atomic already covered it, but I just thought I'd mention that I've been taking a parental and an extra folic acid tablet daily my whole pregnancy. My mw thought it would be a good idea in the first trimester since I had just had the m/c so my body might be depleted, and after that she told me there was no reason to stop since it couldn't hurt. I also take daily vitamin D and calcium supplements.

I hope you get your BFP this month!!
    Thank you Mocha!!!!
    Me too! DH is getting suspicious already.. today he said to me "I'm not going to make you pregnant hon. I think you can get pregnant, and there's something you aren't telling me... that's why you are trying!"

I responded "Do you think I made that pink line on my preg test yesterday? Because I DIDN'T, it just happened!!!"

UGH... time isn't on my side here, I need to conceive! I'm thinking I will remove my signature and pictures for now.. and hopefully if he tries to make an account to spy.. he won't figure me out too easily? hahahaha

How much calcium and vit D are you taking?
    Last edited by Butterfly Spirit; May 21st, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Calcium and magnesium are great for PPH x
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm taking about 1000mg of calcium (2 pills a day of a 3 pill a day type of pill) and 1000iu of vitamin d plus whatever's in my prenatal. One of the reasons I'm taking calcium is I'm having a bit of a dairy aversion this pregnancy.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)Drop 3rd. mag pill and one RRL pill now.
    2)Alternate days between taking one cal/mag and two cal mag every other day. No need to split pills, it doesn't have to be THAT gradual. Do that for a few days then drop the second pill and you'll be only taking one which is a safe level of cal-mag. It won't hurt anything for a few days and then you'll be off it.
    4)Total of 1200-1600 folic INCLUDING the amount already in your B vitamin.
    5)With the other RRL pill, start taking it every other day, then every two, then every three, till you're taking it once a week and then you can drop it. Should take 2-3 weeks.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TTC5 View Post
    Calcium and magnesium are great for PPH x
    What's PPH?
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    post partum hemorage. I had this last two deliveries!
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1)Drop 3rd. mag pill and one RRL pill now.
    2)Alternate days between taking one cal/mag and two cal mag every other day. No need to split pills, it doesn't have to be THAT gradual. Do that for a few days then drop the second pill and you'll be only taking one which is a safe level of cal-mag. It won't hurt anything for a few days and then you'll be off it.
    4)Total of 1200-1600 folic INCLUDING the amount already in your B vitamin.
    5)With the other RRL pill, start taking it every other day, then every two, then every three, till you're taking it once a week and then you can drop it. Should take 2-3 weeks.
    Thank you!!! And I got 400 iu of Vit D pills at Walmart today. How many should I take?
    DS#3 Arrived in April

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much D is in your other supps??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast