Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

zyrtec question ttc girl

Hi,

I wanted to check - ewcm went away last month while i was on mag/cal supps - i stopped those this month as started le diet. It has since come back - as i want to ttc next month can i just double check - if i take zyrtec on days when i have ewcm is that all i need to do as well as diet to dry it up?

Also, i have seen that i shouldn't be taking it after o. I don't chart so have no idea when exactly i have ovulated. I get pains, but no idea how far in advance that is. If i just take zyrtec on days where i have ewcm and stop taking it when it changes will that be ok?

Thank you xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For allergy symptoms, Zyrtec takes a little while to work, but should work within a day. In order for it to work really well, though, it has to be taken for a few days. It isn't quick acting like Benadryl.

For swaying, I'm not sure how well it works if you just take it during ovulation. If you noticed it working well on the day you take it, I guess there is no need to take it in advance. But, if you feel like it works better when you take it for a few days before ovulation, then you might have to consider it. You may need to try some other methods to figure out when you are close to or at ovulation just so you don't take it longer than you have to.

Are you taking your pH at all?
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What dosage (strength) zyrtec do we use?

And does it need to be zyrtec specifically, or will any antihistamine do the job?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trying in spring View Post
    Hi,

I wanted to check - ewcm went away last month while i was on mag/cal supps - i stopped those this month as started le diet. It has since come back - as i want to ttc next month can i just double check - if i take zyrtec on days when i have ewcm is that all i need to do as well as diet to dry it up?

Also, i have seen that i shouldn't be taking it after o. I don't chart so have no idea when exactly i have ovulated. I get pains, but no idea how far in advance that is. If i just take zyrtec on days where i have ewcm and stop taking it when it changes will that be ok?

Thank you xx
    Yes, just take it on any day you have EWCM. it's not ideal of course and the problem is, the Zyrtec will dry up your CM so it will be hard to tell if you have any!

Do you have a regular cycle (or fairly regular). If so, we can easily figure out when you usually O even without charting.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lotus Blossom~ View Post
    What dosage (strength) zyrtec do we use?

And does it need to be zyrtec specifically, or will any antihistamine do the job?
    That depends on how well it works for you. It works super well for me so I take the smallest dose split in half, but others need more.

Any antihistamine will help to dry up CM. The reason I like Zyrtec (aka cetirizine, Reactine) is it's relatively nondrowsy and it lasts for a good 24-48 hours after taking it (it takes about 6 hours to get rolling tho so be sure you take it at least 6 hours in advance of your attempt.)

Most other OTC antihistamines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) act faster but don't last as long, so if you want to use one of the other kinds, you can take one 1-2 hours before you BD and it will last 4-6 hours afterwards. For people who really don't know when they're going to O, that may be the best option because it won't stay in your system and keep you dry for days afterwards.

If you REALLY have a lot of EWCM, it is possible to use BOTH Zyrtec and Benadryl. They act on different parts of the system and you don't overdose yourself by taking both of them (this was confirmed to me by doctors including an allergist, and also pharmacists as well.) I do not know if it's possible to combine any other antihistamines, only Zyrtec and Benadryl (cetirizine and diphenhydramine)

The one thing I don't like women to take is Sudafed (it's not an antihistamine, but also dries up CM and is advised on some of the other sites.) It's been linked to hemmorhagic strokes in young women, particularly who were taking blood thinners (aka cranberry or aspirin) and who were taking it in a higher than normal dose for several days in a row (like, swayers.) Plus it has wicked side effects. If you like, you can give your husband Sudafed 1-2 hours before DTD, it will lower his pH and dry up his semen a bit.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, just take it on any day you have EWCM. it's not ideal of course and the problem is, the Zyrtec will dry up your CM so it will be hard to tell if you have any!

Do you have a regular cycle (or fairly regular). If so, we can easily figure out when you usually O even without charting.
    Thank you. My cycle was regular ie every 28 days, but seems to have gone up the left the last few months!! Last one was only 25 days long. I would say between 25 and 28 days. I don't know if you can work out o from that or it is not accurate enough? The first day of my last af was 5th may and the one before that was 10th april. Is it possible to work it out from this. I can't remember any further back (should have been writing it down, but thought that as i don't chart it wasn't of any use).

Thank you so much,

x

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    That depends on how well it works for you. It works super well for me so I take the smallest dose split in half, but others need more.

Any antihistamine will help to dry up CM. The reason I like Zyrtec (aka cetirizine, Reactine) is it's relatively nondrowsy and it lasts for a good 24-48 hours after taking it (it takes about 6 hours to get rolling tho so be sure you take it at least 6 hours in advance of your attempt.)

Most other OTC antihistamines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) act faster but don't last as long, so if you want to use one of the other kinds, you can take one 1-2 hours before you BD and it will last 4-6 hours afterwards. For people who really don't know when they're going to O, that may be the best option because it won't stay in your system and keep you dry for days afterwards.

If you REALLY have a lot of EWCM, it is possible to use BOTH Zyrtec and Benadryl. They act on different parts of the system and you don't overdose yourself by taking both of them (this was confirmed to me by doctors including an allergist, and also pharmacists as well.) I do not know if it's possible to combine any other antihistamines, only Zyrtec and Benadryl (cetirizine and diphenhydramine)

The one thing I don't like women to take is Sudafed (it's not an antihistamine, but also dries up CM and is advised on some of the other sites.) It's been linked to hemmorhagic strokes in young women, particularly who were taking blood thinners (aka cranberry or aspirin) and who were taking it in a higher than normal dose for several days in a row (like, swayers.) Plus it has wicked side effects. If you like, you can give your husband Sudafed 1-2 hours before DTD, it will lower his pH and dry up his semen a bit.
    Thank you AS - very helpful information!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trying in spring View Post
    Thank you. My cycle was regular ie every 28 days, but seems to have gone up the left the last few months!! Last one was only 25 days long. I would say between 25 and 28 days. I don't know if you can work out o from that or it is not accurate enough? The first day of my last af was 5th may and the one before that was 10th april. Is it possible to work it out from this. I can't remember any further back (should have been writing it down, but thought that as i don't chart it wasn't of any use).

Thank you so much,

x
    Counting back 14 days from when you get AF, will be O day for most people. If you have a 25-28 day cycle, it's almost certainly CD 13-15. So I would try taking the antihistamine from CD 8-13 and then stop taking it the rest of the cycle.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks - which benadryl product would you recommend i take. I've just had a look and there are loads ie . liquid/tablets/allergy plus!! x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get the Benadryl that's the lowest possible dose (you can always take more if you need to) and has JUST diphenhydramine.