Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

When did I O ? Any advice?

Hi Girls,
    Just wondering if someone may be able to give me their opinion on when I ovulated! my cycles have been irregular, so never know when i was going to ovulate, and was trying for a 2 day cut off - hasn't happened this month!!!

We bd for 3 nights in a row Calendar day 6, 7 & 8.

Calendar day 9 - in morning I got a strong positive OPK along with very fertile and ewcm and cervix SHOW. Positive opk all day. Cervix remained SHOW. O cramps started in afternoon and continued into night.

Calendar day 10 - I got another very stong positive OPK in the morning, and was still positive most of the day. Still had some fertile wet cm, but not as much as day 9. O pains still but eased off by afternoon. By evening opk faded so i guess negative now.

Day 11 (today) in the morning dry cm.

My question is this!
    1. Do you usually ovulate on your peak day ie, day with lots of fertile cm? Or the day after? I am just wondering if I managed to get in a 24 hour cut off, or a 36 hour cut off?
    2. Does your opk stay positive during ovulation? Is it negative once ovulation has occured?
    3. How long after ovulation does it take for cm to dry up. does it happen quickly, or how many hours/days does it take?

What do u think? Did i ovulate Calendar day 9 (first day of positive opk), or day 10? Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to figure this all out,
    thanks for any input xx
    Last edited by lightofmylifexxxy; May 28th, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Calendar day or cycle day??

1)Can be different for each person and even the same person can vary dramatically by month. It all depends on what your hormones are doing.

2)It can, but not necessarily. On average, you usually ovulate 36 hours after first positive OPK, whether they stay positive or immediately go negative.

3)Different for every person in every month. All depends on what your hormones are doing. Some people tend to dry up before O, some people go for days after O and still have CM. No way to know unfortunately. The month I conceived DD I had CM for days after I Oed and actually thought I probably couldn't have conceived that month, but it turned out I conceived 2 days before I thought I even ovulated. I had CM the whole time and it didn't dry up until 3 days after I Oed.

You probably did NOT O on CD 9, most people O the day after their pos OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks Atomic - you are an angel to reply so quickly x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you just happened to catch me as I was sitting down to eat my dinner and had a spare sec. Hope it helped!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ