Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So why can't we snack??

As long as we stay within our limits and track everything why is snacking a no no?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because you want your blood sugar to be able to drop after eating, and if you constantly are eating, your blood sugar constantly is elevated and that may sway blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so would this sway boy if I ate like this:
    11/12pm: Lunch
    3pm: Snack
    5-6pm: dinner
    then frozen yogurt for dessert.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds yummy to me, but I think it might =\

for my sway, I could not skip breakfast (felt too crappy, didn't function well) but I did cut out snacking completely, so I think that helped me, tweaking something at least when it came to food. I was a classic boy maker eater, just ate and snacked all the time....
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be ok with that - you're going 17 hrs without eating! Might be easier to move the snack to the evening some time after dinner!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your schedule looks like mine did - but I don't know if I am having a girl yet I counted the "lunch" as "breakfast" (eating around 11/12pm) and the snack as "lunch" - so in my mind, it was three meals, no snacks! But I didn't do dessert.
    Supermom to DS1 (1996) & DS2 (2009) & DS3 (2013) & my HT beauty DD4 (2015)
    -=-=-
    • Failed sway attempt in 2012... read my girl sway
    • HT cycle #1 HRC June 2014: 13 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 5 normals (3XX/2XY) - transferred 1XX HEB AB... 4dp6dt BFP!!! HB 125bpm seen 6w3d
    • FET cycle #1 HRC Dec 2016: PUPO with DD5!! BFP POAS 4dp6dt!!! 1XX HB AA <3 <3 <3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Navywife620 View Post
    Ok so would this sway boy if I ate like this:
    11/12pm: Lunch
    3pm: Snack
    5-6pm: dinner
    then frozen yogurt for dessert.
    my crystal ball is in the shop this week so of course I can't say with 100% accuracy.

Eating 3 meals is not really snacking, esp if you skip breakfast. 3 meals is allowed on LE Diet. What I'm not wanting people to do is more like this:

Skip breakfast (well actually I'll just drink this huge Starbucks Latte that has 700 calories but it's just coffee, right?)
    Lunch at 10.
    Snack at 12
    Snack at 2
    Snack at 4
    Dinner at 6
    Dessert at 8
    And just a few gummy bears before bed at 10.

Even if you're only eating 1500 cals a day, it's like a constant intake of food all the time.

Your blood sugar will be up all day that way from things you are eating. You want your body to have to use its stored food resources and if you always have something coming in, it never has to get into the mode where it's burning your stored nutrients as food.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by auroara78 View Post
    That sounds yummy to me, but I think it might =\

for my sway, I could not skip breakfast (felt too crappy, didn't function well) but I did cut out snacking completely, so I think that helped me, tweaking something at least when it came to food. I was a classic boy maker eater, just ate and snacked all the time....
    if skipping breakfast isn't working for you, that's fine!

Look at this mock schedule:

Breakfast at 8
    Lunch at 1
    Dinner at 7

See how different that is from the "snack all day" style of eating? There's plenty of time between meals where you'll prob. get hungry again (esp. following the LE Diet where you're not supposed to eat big huge Thanksgiving dinner style meals that take forever to digest). 3 light meals (500-600 cals) spaced through the day will burn off quickly and still give plenty of time for your blood sugar to be on the low side and force your body to burn its own stored resources for fuel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    if skipping breakfast isn't working for you, that's fine!

Look at this mock schedule:

Breakfast at 8
    Lunch at 1
    Dinner at 7

See how different that is from the "snack all day" style of eating? There's plenty of time between meals where you'll prob. get hungry again (esp. following the LE Diet where you're not supposed to eat big huge Thanksgiving dinner style meals that take forever to digest). 3 light meals (500-600 cals) spaced through the day will burn off quickly and still give plenty of time for your blood sugar to be on the low side and force your body to burn its own stored resources for fuel.
    this mock schedule is EXACTLY what my eating times did look like!! I love the above too about "no" breakfast but a huge Starbucks latte....haha, great examples AS
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Being a boy mum but having never eaten all day until after my 2nd son Im struggling to think ill ever concieve a girl based on diet. With my 1st i was starved at only 5 stone 11 so its a wonder i even got pregnant I literally ate a bowl of cereal at night and that was it so my blood sugar was always low ... resulted in boy

Boy 2 - was about 7 stone when i concieved ate 2 meals a day healthily mainly vegetarian and lots of salad - was eating more but trying to keep my weight slim as still getting over eating dosorder so refused to eat junk.

After my 2nd boy my eating disorder seemed to dissapear - i eat all day long and eat alot of junk - crisps, chocolate, cakes , cereal bars etc and then just 2 meals lunch and dinner sometimes 3 meals so toast at 11 lunch at 3 dinner at 8 but still went on to concieve my 3rd boy.

The midwife told me its down to my husband - he is from a massive male family - right back the last 5 generations there have only been like 2 girls which she said means we will probably only ever have boys too :-(

Obviously im going to do what i can to sway pink and hope it works but im not sure for me that diet is enough so am going to have to do the hardcore sway i think and include everything else too !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast