Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Biorythms and moon phases, etc??.

Do any of you ladies use biorythms, moon phases or signs, or Chinese gender chart??

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really looked into the biorhythms and Chinese Gender chart (took seriously and did not just dismiss out of hand) and there is nothing to them. I've answered it a few different times if you want to do a search or else I will try to remember to do so a bit later, I have to put my baby down for a nap and then I have company coming over.

There may be something to moon phases but it is NOT due to astrology or ions and you can read about the possible science behind the moon and swaying here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...naception.html

Aside from astrology, old chinese calendars, and so on, there actually may be some science behind the time of year you conceive and the gender of your baby and you can read an explanation of this here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read moon signs and biorhythms but mainly just for fun. I was obsessed with this topic when I pregnant with my DS. I went onto Fertility friend and looked at literally HUNDREDS of charts. I then went and read where the person lived, and saw when they ovulated based on a thermal shift and read the moon sign. It seemed to have about a 56% accuracy. So I think it may sway "slightly" but it is minimal.

There was a girl on IG that read moon signs for people, but she did not do it accurately at all.

For what it is worth, my moon sign, was boy, I conceived on a full moon, and had boy biorhythms. BUT I also had the most boy friendly diet you could imagine.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like a really big thing on IG. I even "fell into the trap" and put more stock in it than I think it merits. I don't believe that any of those charts have any true bearing on the gender of the child. Although I found the essay on Lunaception to be facsinating. Truly, I concieved two boys in "boy moon signs." But both were "girl" biorhythms and "girl" moon phases. So...obvious a pretty simplistic conclusion would be that moon signs affect me. But unless I had ten kids and ALL of them were accurate in the moon sign theory would I start to put any bearing in it's accuracy. And I think people have done that...to find that they have minimal success, if any.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lost a long post

Short version, we have 4 girls who to the best of my knowledge were conceived in new moon phases.
    My ovulation adjusts always to ovulate on a new moon.
    I was all set to ovulate new year in a full moon and a sudden change in regular cycles put me right back to new moon again.

I am now considering not trying again at all as for the foreseeable my ovulation is in new moons.

What to do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Change your diet and lifestyle to be in line with being more boy friendly and follow the "lunaception" link above for directions on how to change your O date using night lights.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I really looked into the biorhythms and Chinese Gender chart (took seriously and did not just dismiss out of hand) and there is nothing to them. I've answered it a few different times if you want to do a search or else I will try to remember to do so a bit later, I have to put my baby down for a nap and then I have company coming over.

There may be something to moon phases but it is NOT due to astrology or ions and you can read about the possible science behind the moon and swaying here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...naception.html

Aside from astrology, old chinese calendars, and so on, there actually may be some science behind the time of year you conceive and the gender of your baby and you can read an explanation of this here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html
    I guess I never got back to this, but long story short, biorhythms were invented by a mental patient, are based on the assumption that all women ovulate every 28 days (totally untrue) and only ever became popular because the guy was treated by Freud.

If the Chinese Gender Predictor was right, then there wouldn't be orphanages full of unwanted little girls and gender based abortions in China. They'd just use their ancient gender predicting calendar to get a boy.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love that biorythms were invented by a mental patient I had never known that! When I had personal plan done previously, what was interesting was that I conceived DS in "strong boy time" . He was a bit of an oops as were weren't TTC just then but he was a typical boy "sway" in that I was swimming, DTD every couple days. I wasn't expecting to O for weeks and weeks. When I looked at the personalised plan, my suspected O week was all strong boy. I got another plan and conceived DD in a "strong girl" and "very strong girl" week. Also diet, clomid and other factors but whatever went into those "dates" (apparently it wasn't just bios and moon) seemed to work for me. But reading this background has made me think maybe it's more unbalanced that I had originally thought! x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the only reason why we ever hear of biorhythms is because he was Sigmund Freud's patient and Sigmund was into all kinds of supernatural stuff like that and it became trendy at the time. Then people have repackaged it again and again in subsequent decades to make $$$. Doesn't work.

Look at it this way - biorhythms could be totally ineffective and yet some people would still have seeming success with them just by random chance. Some people it seems to work for, some people it doesn't, others seem to have it work once and hten not work a second time,and only by looking at the overall population as a whole can you tell whether something works or if it does nothing. And luckily, we have 134 studies that debunk biorhythms.

I'm sure you can see that if when you got your boy you were doing boy-friendly stuff, and when you got your girl you were doing girl-friendly stuff, that the biorhythms really were just coincidental and not actually doing anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast