Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Those who have swayed girl and confirmed girl...come in!

Our first attempt is about a month away (eek!) and while I've been able to shed 46 pounds this year, I'm still not down to the weight I wanted (needed?) to be to have a strong girl sway. I was hoping to lose another 30-35 pounds before our attempt, but that's obviously not happening. I can probably lose a bit more by the time we're actually having our attempts, but definitely not 30-35 pounds more.

Anyway...I need to feel like I'm not alone. I see so many wonderful sways where women are getting down to their lowest adult weight and conceiving girls. Have any of you lost weight, but perhaps have NOT gotten down to a very low weight before attempting....but still conceived a girl?

I'm just feeling a little bit worried and discouraged, and was hoping maybe someone was in the same boat as me. I'd love to hear of successful girl sways where the mama still had a little bit of weight to lose. It would be really encouraging to hear!

Thanks, mamas!
    2013: twin boy stillborn at 37 weeks
    Sweet baby boy, you are loved and missed more than you will ever know.
    There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you and wonder what
    you would have been like. I love you and miss you so much.
    Rest now, my baby, in the loving arms of Jesus.

Biggest shock of our lives - surprise BFP! And it's a GIRL!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and FWIW, my BMI at the beginning of this year was 35.33 (obese ) and as of today it's 26.64 (overweight). I would have to lose another 9 pounds to barely bring me into the "normal" weight range, and I just might be able to do that before our attempt. I just really had hoped to be at a much lower BMI before attempting.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi sweetpea, just want to say well done on your weight loss, that's fab, you should be very proud of yourself Can I ask what you're eating on the diet and how many calories you're eating. I could really use any tips/meal ideas you have. From what I've read losing any weight at all sways pink. Your body will read any weight loss at all as being a difference. My BMI is around 30 now so I have a lot of weight I need to drop. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I too would love to hear from mamas that are a bit bigger and have had a successful girl sway.
    Good luck with your sway. for you that you will get your
    Love being Mommy to my fab kids

2008 and my ectopic angel lost August 2008

???? 2014 Maybe a next time

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very obese.. I lost only 5-7lbs before TTC (and was still at my highest weight ever) and got pg first month, one shot and it's a girl. Did not follow the IG or LE diet.

If you want to know my entire sway, PM me! I'm happy to share.
    and coming end of November!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've posted today for Elle about my BMI, but I was obese when I concieved this little DD! I had only lost 5 lbs, but I think it still made a difference!! You have lost SO MUCH weight!! You should be proud--every pound is a huge accomplishment!!!

I still think your body may be different enough just from the sheer act of losing weight to help sway girl. FX!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your replies, ladies!

Hmmm, see that's kinda what I'm worried about - it seems extremes are what sway pink (being obese OR being very, very thin) and that the "middle of the road" weights/BMI are what sway blue. I was 135 and 125 when I conceived DS1 and DS2, which, again, is "middle of the road" for me (135 is just slightly overweight for me, and 125 is a healthy weight, but I could still stand to lose a lot more). I'm currently at 141 (down from 187!! OMG), which, again, is a "middle of the road" weight (overweight for me, by about 9 pounds).

I'm wondering if when I was at my all-time heaviest weight, and literally obese, at 187 pounds at the beginning of this year, if that would have swayed pink for me (it probably would have!). Well, it's too late now, as I've lost 46 pounds this year, bringing me to that boy-friendly "middle of the road" weight, and not into one of the extreme weight (either obese or very thin).

Eeek! I'm kind of panicking now about whether I should hold off my sway even longer, in order to lose more weight and get my BMI down even more.

Have any of you mamas expecting a girl been at a "middle of the road" weight/BMI? I'm just praying that the weight loss itself will sway pink for me - but it does make me really nervous that I may not make it below my previous conception weights and I'm still in the "boy territory" as far as BMI goes.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived 2 boys being very obese too though..
    and coming end of November!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in the same situation. I started dieting (not the LE-diet) after Christmas and started with a BMI of 31.1. I started the LE-diet in April and now my BMI is 22.6. But this is already my third cycle of trying. So my BMI is still pretty high for swaying girl, but I hope the weight loss sways enough (we have lost about the same amount of weight). I think it is better to go with the weight lost right now, than getting too fed up and giving up and gaining weight. I must admit, counting calories every day is getting harder day by day and I look forward having more choices again (and snacking!).

Good luck to you!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was at one of my lowest adult weights (I'm not entirely sure!) but it was still a 'middle of the road' weight. I'm 5ft6 and I weighed around 148lb which is only something like 6lbs less than the maximum 'normal' weight range for my height.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessika View Post
    I am in the same situation. I started dieting (not the LE-diet) after Christmas and started with a BMI of 31.1. I started the LE-diet in April and now my BMI is 22.6. But this is already my third cycle of trying. So my BMI is still pretty high for swaying girl, but I hope the weight loss sways enough (we have lost about the same amount of weight). I think it is better to go with the weight lost right now, than getting too fed up and giving up and gaining weight. I must admit, counting calories every day is getting harder day by day and I look forward having more choices again (and snacking!).

Good luck to you!
    Chessika, yes it seems like our situations are very similar. What was your BMI during your first attempt cycle? I'm thinking I might be able to get mine down to 24.6 or so, which is where it was when I conceived DS1 (it was 22.8 when I conceived DS2, and I was so hoping it would be lower than that this time). I guess, looking on the bright side, I probably won't get pg the first month trying, so I will still be losing weight and maybe can get my BMI lower than it was when I conceived DS2 afterall. I have September, October, and November to try...and then I'm done TTC for the rest of the year and won't pick it back up again until at least February. I *know* what I am like during the holiday season, and I simply cannot be swaying during Thanksgiving and Christmas. It would be nearly impossible for me to stay on the diet during that time, so I would just take a break from TTC and indulge a bit.

I do agree with you though - it is definitely better to forge ahead with swaying while we have the weight loss going for us. I just hope it's enough to give us our girls!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast