Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low bmi boy moms

I was looking at the bmi post and noticed that several boy moms had a low bmi (17-19). I am ttc girl, no kids yet, petite with a low bmi (18-18.6) and not much room to lose lbs (stop ov). So i am wondering if you had high metabolisms, were muscular, or ate a healthy varied diet even if your weight was low? Or maybe you had high T/stress levels or exercised a lot? Trying to see if I am closer to a boy or girl lifestyle and what i need to tweak in the next month. Thanks!

2. Thanks Babygirl19 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a fairly low bmi and a boy mum, my bmi was around 20 conceiving my boys. I have a fairly fast metabolism. I would recommend trying to change your diet without losing or putting on too much weight if you can. Reduce your fat and protein but don't reduce your calories too much. And try to be a couch potato. You could skip breakfast as long as it doesn't take too much weight off you or just have something that raises and then drops your blood glucose quickly.
    2008 20112013

thankyou gender dreaming

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a low BMI boy mum, 3 boys mum while weighing 6.5-7stone max i think my boys are down to my testosterone levels definatly !!!
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My bmi was around 17 to 18 for both of my boys. I would exercise everyday, lots of cardio with my first one and than probably every other day with my second boy. I eat very nutritious, and I always count my calories. I would eat oatmeal for breakfast, fruit for a snack, tuna sandwiches or high fiber cereal for lunch with lots of veggie ( even salads for lunch) and dinner were generally healthy but not too healthy since my husband had to eat something tasty. I believe I have a high metabolism but eating and working also helped. I am ttc a girl so this has been difficult on me in the weight loss issue but I have lost about 8 pounds and won't go any further. I'm still ovulating so everything seems good. Good luck ! Oh and I'm nOt muscular just very lean. I am 5'5 and weighed 110 when getting pregnant with both of my boys.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine was low, 18 with the first. I had a very fast metabolism which started to slow after my first son. This time my BMI is way higher and hoping it's the difference to have provided me a girl, haha. Being overweight has to have a positive right?
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My BMI has never been high. In fact, when I conceived ds3, it was probably the lowest it has been since I was in my late teens (until now that I am swaying, that is.) But I was student teaching and very stressed out continuously.

I have given a lot of thought to how my lifestyle lines up with the theories about conceiving a boy versus a girl, and I see a lot of things that could have lead to me producing three boys. I have always been a grazer. I usually am constantly snacking, so my blood sugar never gets low. In fact, I get light-headed if I don't eat every few hours. I also have always eaten breakfast first thing in the morning, and up until a year ago when we decided to ttc #4, I have eaten a bowl of cereal every morning and one before bed every evening. I usually never ever use artificial sweeteners because I don't like the taste and I like the thought of using real sugar better. I have never tried to keep to any type of diet and always have just eaten what I wanted (I guess I have a fairly high metabolism because I've never gotten too overweight - my BMI was probably at its highest around when I was having ds2 when it was about 26%). I also have an unfortunate fondness for fast food and usually eat that at least once a week.

So, for my sway, I have given up snacking; I either skip breakfast or eat something very little much later in the morning; I have given up fast food; I have been counting calories, fat, protein, and sodium; and I have added artificial sweeteners to my diet.
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also have a low bmi and have 5 boys! Ik think it's because stress and hyperventilation (hyperventilation changes the minerals in your blood).
    Loves of our lives:

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    mine was quiet low too with ds1 but i always ate loads of protien exercised 3-4 time a week including weights and was very muscelly - current ttc pink and bmi low again but much more wobberly this time ;-0 hope it makes the difference!
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    low bmi here, 2 boys 1 girl. with my girl, my bmi was SLIGHTLY higher than with my two boys.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what my BMI was, but I am 5'4 and weight 117 when I fell pregnant with DS. I wasn't exercising but I was eating a lot of red meat, always ate breakfast, and ate banana's ever single day. Basically my diet was a boy diet 100%. I am not muscular at all. I am a total waif body type.

I am now down to 112, and it really is as low as I want to go. I look too thin in my opinion.
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast