Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I screwed up and now don't know what to do:(

I am on clomid. I DTD Thursday aiming for a 1-2day cut off with an abstain. I had a neg OPK Friday morning, and a positive one Friday night (smiley face), which went back to negative Saturday morning. I did not chart temps.

Well, this morning I felt very "wet" and decided to test OPKs. I have the expensive Clear Blue Fertility monitor that was asking for a stick anyway, since it never caught the positive (as it only tests in the morning and I was positive only at night). Well, I am having a peak day today (it has the egg on it and three bars).

Should I DTD tonight? It would be about 12 hours after I caught the positive on the OPK. I did a vinigar douche right after I saw it was at peak. I could take lots of CL/cranberry/asprin/sudafed at around 2 PM which should help by evening, right? I also could use a rephresh, replens or acijel as needed.

My DH will probably not be up for me making him to a release or DTD in morning, he can be grumpy when it comes to planned sex and has a lower sex drive. He smokes and only has one testicle, so even though we have boys, I can't imagine he has an extra high sperm count as it is...

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, you are ovulating twice? You are going to have a 4-5 day cutoff for this egg as it is and a closer one with the first attempt. I vote for the AM.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you think I should wait till tomorrow morning, not tonight?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I ovulated twice, or my body geared up for O and didn't (that happens, right?). So frustrated.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Id do it tonight and tomorrow but thats just me :-)

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I will definitely DTD tonight. I just used rephresh and will take a benedryl soon. I know timing means nothing, but its hard not to believe the "old wives tales."

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely dtd tonight and tomorrow night.
    You are on clomid and cannot waste a cycle.
    Using a whole app of rephresh some hours before your attempt may very well kill most of the sperm.
    I would definitely dtd tomorrow too.

Don't forget, its really not the rephresh or any of that stuff that is doing your sway -- all that does is kill the sperm and lower the count.
    Your diet, your maternal condition inside it what would do the sway and choose girl over boy. Dont stress about those other things. If you are on clomid then you really should not use rephresh at all because clomid already makes your cm very harsh. Too late now I guess, since you already took it. But definitely dtd tomorrow -- twice if you can.
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    and don't j&d if you want a fighting chance this month
    2005; 2007; 2009; arrived 6/28/14!!
    5 failed IVF/PGD's 2010-2012
    Ectopic pregnancy 2013 that caused IC

Emergency cerclage at 18 wks & Suffered through months of strict bed rest to keep this little man baking. My water broke at 31w4d and He finally arrive June 28 at 32 weeks!
    He is so strong and perfect! Truly my little angel.

-God, Grant me the Serenity to Accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the Difference-

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so very much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm too late to answer this but my suspicion would be that the first pos OPK was a faker and the second is the real deal.

I did want to mention again that I'm really opposed to people doing a lot of (any) sway tactics while on Clomid. You need to get pregnant ASAP on Clomid and the Clomid will be swaying for you. next month, please skip the vinegar douche, jellies, etc etc etc and just BD to get pg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ