Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too much of a good thing?

I have seen various statements of "too much of a good thing" and was wondering where folks are drawing the line. I am more concerned with DH, since I don't want to drop his sperm count SO low that he doesn't have any healthy swimmers!!

So he is taking licorice root, wearing tighty whities, and we were planning on abstaining for 14 days (right before AF to O). Then antihistamines are an option. I don't think any of my sway tactics would come into play when it comes to his swimmers, right? I was planning RePhresh, antihistamines, and diet (plus baby aspirin).

Previously, our boys were concieve with abstaining for 20ish days, then DTD 2-3 times around positive ovulation test. So I guess his sperm counts can't be too low, since he wasn't releasing for a good few weeks. Right? It was just how both of them happened, not necessarily our constant pattern We had a recent chemical that I was sure happened because we had not had sex in a couple months (darn BF hormones!)

But now that I have AF and am wondering if the abstaining might push it over the edge and we should bump it down to 7ish days (have sex after AF is over). It makes the abstaining shorter, but he will still have the licorice root and tighty whities to contend with. Do you think I should stick with just the licorice root and tighty whities and an abstaining length of 7 days? Ditch the antihistamines for him as well?

We really want to be pregnant sooner rather than later. But I still want to have a strong sway, enough where I feel I did what I could
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure your DH wasn't releasing on his own when you concieved your boys? I think a lot of DHs do it, but aren't always open about it. The only reason I ask is, if you truly had 20 abstains before and got boys, then maybe a 14 day abstain wouldn't be the best plan? Maybe FR would be a better plan? P>S>I am NOT a girl swayer, so please take all this with a grain of salt.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Hobber. If he was abstaining that long when you conceived your boys then I would do opposite and FR. We are doing FR because I am worried about the effects abstaining can cause.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree too! I would NEVER trust my DH to go that long. There is no way he could make it! LOL! I felt FR was the better option for us so I didn't have to worry about what he was doing when I was away. Good luck with whatever you decide. I have read that abstain and one attempt at +OPK is the strongest sway for a girl so it could make for a great sway!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say that I think FR would be better for you - perhaps look at 10 days - 14 if you think u can do it that long - once a day or if he has a high sperm count even 2 times a day for the last few days ?
    We are going to go with FR as hubby doesnt trust himself to abstain but i am too knackered for us to do FR - so its going to seem like a chore but we will split it he does it himsef one day i do it for him the next !!! ha ha Plus this is much more fun :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I would personally say that's too much, but you never know, sometimes you get lucky and a barbarian (princess) sneaks through the gates!!!

I would NEVER abstain for 14 days while on LR. I think it's too much.

Antihistamines actually do affect his swimmers, because your EWCM keeps the swimmers alive once they're inside your body and also helps carry them to the egg. So when you start off with fewer sperm to begin with, then once they get inside you, they're dying off left and right (which they do anyway, but antihistamines make this worse by making EWCM more hostile), it is totally possible that you will not have anything left to reach the egg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot about this thread! But thanks ladies. DH is not great about FR, he doesn't have a high sex drive, so we decided against it. For fear he would try it and not have the oomph to release everyday (and thus put us in blue territory).

BUT, I dropped antihistamines out of the picture entirely, as I also dropped out abstaining for any specific duration of time. A it stands, it will be 5 days of abstaining. I am okay with it. Tonight is our one attempt of the cycle, I got my positive OPK this afternoon at 3pm (it was negative this morning). So I just have my fingers crossed that my weight loss, non-meat-eating, breastfeeding, lower PH, and fewer spermies will tip the scales into girly territory I figure that plenty of folks get girls without doing a darn thing different, so doing just a few things has only gotta help things, even if we can't do "it all."
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree totally! Hope it went well! Good luck!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ