Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much does getting pregnant on birth control sway girl?

My friend who has 2 boys a little over 2 years apart just found out today that she is pregnant. She was on the pill she said a lower dose one. So does she have a good chance of a girl with just getting pregnant on the pill. She wanted to come on this site and do the diet and everything but obviously didn't get that chance. Do you know anyone who got pregnant on the pill? If so, what was there gender outcome?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obviously I can't say "how much" it sways, but I do believe it sways. It depends on how long she was on the pill, the effect it has on her in particular (it doesn't affect some as strongly as it does others), and then her diet and all the other factors entering into it.

I know of people who've conceived both boys and girls on the Pill. I don't think she should feel doomed, but I don't think she should feel like she has a guarantee, either (no one ever should short of PGD!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS3 was the result of me stupidly missing one week of the pill because I was super busy and put off picking it up, and then the pharmacy made an error. I had just finished bfing ds2 at the time, and while I was having cycles, they were pretty irregular and it just didn't occur to me that I had a chance to get pregnant. duh! Anyway, he was all boy!
    2004 2007 2010

It's a boy! Due 7/8/2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also cant say how much it would sway but fwiw I got preg with my ds while on the pill
    for just a healthy baby.

clomid 100mg 3-7 + Ovidrel trigger shot

ttc since September 2012

November 2013

February 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another DS on the pill here. I was on antibiotics for a week which caused me to ovulate about a week after I finished the course. I was still taking the pill the entire time. BUT, like atomic said, the pill never seemed that effective for me. I had lots of breakthrough bleeding and would get my "period" at weird times. I still had wicked PMS and heavy periods. So, truthfully, it might not have been the entire fault of the antibiotics, it might have been pure dumb luck that I didn't conceive the 18 months before while I was on the pill. Everything else about the conception was a boy sway, so clearly I am not a good case study
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant with DS1 on birth control....gotta love being the .01%!
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also got pregnant with my DS while I was on the pill! I took the pill religiously, I was on it for about a year when I conceived him! Total surprise lol
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.