Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone ever buy baby girl items not knowing when or IF they are gonna ever use them???

Maybe i am weird (hope not LOL) but i have to admit I have a secret stash of baby girl items. Outfits,blankets,bottles,head bands. I buy them whenever i see a good sale or see something so cute i have to have! Not knowing when or IF i will be able to use these things. My Husband doesn't even know i buy these things (i stuff them far back in my closet in a bag) but my Oldest son saw some stuff i brought yesterday and said Mommy are you having a baby? I told Him no i brought them for someone having a baby girl soon LOL. I felt so silly i got caught kind of LOL. Anyone else ever buy things not knowing if they are gonna get their baby girl? I do feel desperate after having 6 boys but don't want others to think maybe this is a mental type thing, it shouldn't go this far wanting a girl so bad that's not even here .
    Last edited by 6bluewant1pink; October 18th, 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a friend that went on an instinct that she was having a girl. She bought everything a baby would need all the way to a 2t for a girl. She had a boy. I thought she was over the top, like WAY over the top with it. A few things here and there like you have...no big deal at all.

I have found a few girly things I would like to buy but hubby says no, he doesn't want me to be upset when it's another boy by finding the girly stuff and having to return it.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah i have a couple of things including the most beautiful mamas and papas rag doll that i feel for the instance i saw it and would love to give it to my daughter one day.

most women note on their girl sways that they have a pink outfit under the bed so must own such things - either we are all weird or all just normal - no idea which though!
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would feel I was jinxing myself if I bought pink.
    How are you keeping 6blue? I am in my TWW at min.

I have a pink outfit under my bed though!!
    Last edited by pebmcpd7; October 18th, 2012 at 05:21 PM.
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks pebmcp6 for asking about me, BFN this month and i am on CD4. I am trying my best to diet but it's so hard. I am cutting back on my calories and not snacking really. I went overboard on the RePhresh last month and will use it still but not so much like i did. I hope i am not jinxing myself but i can't help it i am so ready to shop PINK for a change! LOL. I hope you get your BFP this month GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two baby girl outfits under our mattress! One gorgeous pink cotton romper for the summer and a lilac traditional dress with bloomers. They are my good luck charms and I even go so far as to only put neutral-coloured bedding (no duck-egg blue to match the curtains) on our bed during ov week and will wear pink undies and socks on ov day!
    Don't feel like you're strange, you're among others who TOTALLY understand here! I remember when ds1 was born being told about a lady who lived nearby who had a much older boy, but when he was born *apparently* she used to dress him in girls clothing! Of course, at the time I laughed (albeit uncomfortably, as it struck a tiny chord) but now I totally understand, though I could never do that to a son of mine!
    It's silly but even though I have major worries about never having a girl, deep down I've never stopped believing that I will get to use those outfits - even if she has to be dressed in thick tights and a big winter cardi if she's born in the wrong months for the summer outfit!!
    I see the outfits as a tangible extension of your hope and dreams - never give up on them!!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do it too.. I'm a mental basket case.. hehe. But at least we're not alone, right...?
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    nooo way! I bought a girl dress when I was pregnant with DS2, I was so sure he was a girl.. I will NEVER do that again. I am scared I am going to jinx it. Also with DS2 we only had a girl name picked out. Well this time around I won't even talk about girls names! Now when I am at the store I may browse and pray and hope that one day I will be able to shop in the section.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deff not the only ones ladies !!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350612337.495694.jpg

This was taken back in June. Couple more pieces added. Not inc the wrap I have or girl hair pieces =p
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I started scrapbooking 12 years ago, I stocked up on girl scrapbooking stuff because I was just SURE I would have a girl or 2 someday. As far as clothes go, my younger sister had a girl 2 years ago, and she has given me all of her clothes because she knows we're swaying for a little lady. I am probably just jinxing myself, but I hope I will get to use it all someday!
    Me, 35
    DH, 37

We have three beautiful ages 9, 5, and 2.
    Unsuccessfully swayed for so will go HT in 2014 for her !

Cycle #1: 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 biopsied but both abnormal XY.
    Cycle #2: 17 eggs retrieved, 17 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 biopsied. 2 abnormal XY, 1 normal XY.

Cycle #3: 18 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 8 biopsied. 1 normal XX!!!! (2 normal XY)
    FET August 11, 2015---beautiful transfer.
    EDD: April 2016

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast