Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Sway- already had 8 BFN and I'm fed up, time to change tactics- advice?

Just got AF again (8 months trying, 7 months of which were swaying, over the last 9 months - miscalculated on my pervious post). My hormones are a little out of whack (slightly elevated TSH, and low LH, FSH, Progesterone and estradiol) so it may be that but I am seeing a new GP to figure that out. We were doing E4D with an attempt at +OPK and one the day after. Thinking we should do E3D or SMEP (still figuring this out....anyone??)? Any advice? I kind of just want to get pregnant. While I would love a girl at this point I'd just love a sibling for my little guy. We had NO issue at all 2 years ago trying for DS1...I know there are people out there who have tried for longer, and my heart goes out to them, it is so devastating getting AF month after month after month
    Last edited by downundermumma; November 21st, 2017 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My heart goes out to you! I have been where you are and it plain sucks! You’re hormone levels may be the culprit here, but I would make sure you are getting at least 40-60g fat for adequate hormone production. If you want to do SMEP, it works like this: at positive opk you BD, then BD the next 2 nights, skip the 4th night, and then BD the 5th. I would then personally BD every 3-4 days until AF comes in case of delayed ovulation.

Hang in there!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks XX and congrats to your family on having your little girl!!

Thanks for the SMEP info! Think we might try it this month while we wait on these hormones to be sorted out and reassess again (because I’m sure there will be another try, ��).

Thanks again!

5. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    🤞🏻they get everything sorted out for you soon! I’m hoping you get your BFP soon!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    10/2017

Thank you Gender Dreaming for our precious little girl!

7. Thanks downundermumma thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't do e3d. It is a bad combo of both potentially blue and then also if it doesn't work out it doesn't even boost odds of conception much anyway (and certainly doesn't more than e4d plus one!)

I'd have you go to SMEP at this point.

Can you tell me more about your diet?

I DEFINITELY want you on 50-60 g fat with one serving of full fat dairy a day and 4-6 eggs per week. But I'd like to know more about what all you're eating.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks downundermumma thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wrote a response but it never posted...

Anyways, thank you for responding Atomic! I won't do E3D, we will try SMEP this round though, thanks for the advice.

My diet has been a little slack in the last 2 months or so, so I have not been great at the LE diet. I haven't been counting calories or macros, I have instead kept to 80% vegetarian, no breakfast, no supplements except folic acid, and no exercise. My weight has stayed between 54-55kg (I am 169cm or 5'6.5") for the last few months (started at 57.5kg). My typical day is something like this:
    7:30am- stove top espresso with equal and a splash of 1% milk
    10am- IF I get a break on work days I will have a yoplait forme yogurt and usually 2 or 3 cookies (about 125 cal max- arrowroot or a basic store bought chocolate chip cookie like chips ahoy or something) OR I have a 350ml skim latte
    12: lunch of either a slice of low fat cheese melted on bread and toast and jam or rice cakes and low fat cream cheese, or 2 low fat cheese slices on rice crackers with either an apple or veggies sticks or other fruit
    6pm: usually chocolate or candy- around 150cal- I know this is snacking and I need to cut this out...
    7:30pm: dinner- veggie stir fry, olive oil garlic tomato parmesan angel hair pasta, homemade butternut squash soup, 3 slices vegetarian pizza or once a week salmon with sweet potato and parmesan butter green beans
    8pm: low fat ice cream sandwich or a chocolate in chamomile apple tea
    I have a glass of rose or white wine 5x a week

On weekends I will cheat and eat bacon and eggs on avocado toast on one of the days, I often do that around 10am and then have an early dinner at 5pm and skip lunch. Other cheats are a few mouthfuls of my son's beef spagbol or pulled pork, or a prosciutto pizza.

So I will try to go back to counting macros, adding in more eggs, and maybe having a full fat yogurt or full fat latte, and cutting back on chocolate and empty calories and fat and less snacking. Sound ok?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see one thing I want to change right away. I want you off all that skim dairy and diet cheese and on full fat only. At least a serving a day like we already talked about but it's really important that you also ditch the skim. That's a lot of skim dairy and for reasons we don't know it really makes a big difference. This is also the reason why you are hanging onto weight. The skim dairy has so many carbs in it and you're eating quite a lot of carbs already, I think you'll really benefit from making that change.

Have a look at this alternate diet, I think it's going to be much better. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html

12. Thanks downundermumma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I haven’t been trying to lose weight because my BMI is 18.9 so I thought I should stop. Very keen on full fat dairy, so yay, happy to make the changes!

Re SMEP- so I typically get a flashing smiley on the digital blue opk 4 days before ovulation. So with SMEP we are to BD for those three days of flashing smilies but not the day I get a solid but then BD the day after (ie the day after I ovulate- I check with a normal OPK and it’s negative the day after the solid smiley- so I think I must ovulate always within the first 24hrs of the solid smiley) -meaning with SMEP I would Bthe day before and the day after but not the day of ovulation?. Or do I have it all wrong? Thanks!!!
    Last edited by downundermumma; November 29th, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's fine not to lose weight anyway. I want you to hold steady right where you are, no weight loss.

No, that's not right.

The solid smiley is the day before O. You MUST BD that day since it's best odds of conception. so what I'd do is do every other day till the solid and then BD that day, the next day, then skip a day, then BD one more day.

15. Thanks downundermumma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thanks for clearing that up!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast