Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

General note to all those on the LE diet...

Today is the 1 year anniversary of me going on the LE diet full force. I was very strict because I did not want to have any regrets. I was on the diet for almost 5 months before conceiving and lost a lot of weight. I just wanted to encourage you all who have been on it for a while or who are just starting out and are feeling overwhelmed. It is soooo worth it!! I cant believe I am expecting to meet my DD in just 5 weeks! Stay with it. Stay strict but give yourself a break at least one day per month.

Here are my personal tips that worked for me, everyone is different though and I am by no means an expert but here they are..
    - get a "base" of foods that you know calorie/protein/fat counts for. Make those your main meals. I basically ate one meal of white rice and one meal of pasta daily with various things on the side.
    - measure everything except free veggies - I used a digital kitchen scale
    - I used soda and candy to up my calories without upping fat and protein
    - dont be afraid to go low fat. I kept my fat at the bare minimum (just enough). I think this had the biggest impact on my weight and sway long term.
    - be certain to stay on your diet strictly after O
    - give yourself a "cheat meal" to keep your sanity. Mine was one meal either 10 or 11 dpo. It was my "bfn pout party." I recommend being completely vegetarian but my cheat meal usually included chicken.
    - I posted pictures of beautiful baby dresses on the fridge, pantry, etc. When I needed encouragement, I looked at them and took a minute to dream about my baby girl. Worked every time!

Now, everyone is free to customize the LE diet to fit them - that's part of it's beauty. But for me, this was my only chance to have the daughter of my dreams and I was not willing to take any chances.

You can do it!! It is such a SHORT time in your life relative to the JOY you will have when you get your DD!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say...congrats on your girl!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said, needagirl! I used many of the same strategies you did in the 7 months I was on the diet. Definitely worth all the tummy grumbles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedAGirl! View Post
    Today is the 1 year anniversary of me going on the LE diet full force. I was very strict because I did not want to have any regrets. I was on the diet for almost 5 months before conceiving and lost a lot of weight. I just wanted to encourage you all who have been on it for a while or who are just starting out and are feeling overwhelmed. It is soooo worth it!! I cant believe I am expecting to meet my DD in just 5 weeks! Stay with it. Stay strict but give yourself a break at least one day per month.

Here are my personal tips that worked for me, everyone is different though and I am by no means an expert but here they are..
    - get a "base" of foods that you know calorie/protein/fat counts for. Make those your main meals. I basically ate one meal of white rice and one meal of pasta daily with various things on the side.
    - measure everything except free veggies - I used a digital kitchen scale
    - I used soda and candy to up my calories without upping fat and protein
    - dont be afraid to go low fat. I kept my fat at the bare minimum (just enough). I think this had the biggest impact on my weight and sway long term.
    - be certain to stay on your diet strictly after O
    - give yourself a "cheat meal" to keep your sanity. Mine was one meal either 10 or 11 dpo. It was my "bfn pout party." I recommend being completely vegetarian but my cheat meal usually included chicken.
    - I posted pictures of beautiful baby dresses on the fridge, pantry, etc. When I needed encouragement, I looked at them and took a minute to dream about my baby girl. Worked every time!

Now, everyone is free to customize the LE diet to fit them - that's part of it's beauty. But for me, this was my only chance to have the daughter of my dreams and I was not willing to take any chances.

You can do it!! It is such a SHORT time in your life relative to the JOY you will have when you get your DD!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!
    JUST what I needed to hear while I am getting ready to sway. The diet scares me but I love how you thought about it. Might just print this off and have a motivation box every time my belly thinks it needs some 'goodies' or meat

Congratulations on your longed for DD, enjoy the last stages of your pg xxx
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014