Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Work deadline stress - does it raise T? Bad for ttc girl?

I read about it here but I'm still confused what type of stress sways girl or boy. If I get a last minute deadline (like 24-36 hrs) that I am scrambling to meet (and do a great job too) right around ov, how does that sway if at all? Thanks!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That seems to me that it would sway pink because it would be a short term stress that results in success and triumph. However, it has been noted that women in high stress jobs tend to have more daughters. I'm assuming that's because it is a chronic long term stress they are experiencing everyday. So I guess it depends on your job, do you always have deadlines you are meeting or do you only get deadlines to meet every once in awhile? Does that make sense?

This is from one of Atomic's threads-
    *Reducing stress - Another tricky one. Mild to moderate stress, and any stress that results in success and triumph, actually raises testosterone. But chronic, severe stress releases a hormone called cortisol which uses the same transport mechanisms as sex hormones do. So your levels of ALL sex hormones go down when you're under a lot of stress.

Here are 2 links to testosterone threads-
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...ne-levels.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ly-demand.html
    James 08/10
    TTC my little girl in 13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say short term competitive stress sways boy the adrenalin rush kind, long term run you down kinda stress sways girl. BUT the odd stressful incident in isolation would not undo months worth of good work and its more the stress you can avoid that you should avoid (like playing computer games with son - something i was bad at, we love playing together and i hate to loose so i avoided this completely whilst ttc'ing).

You can't put your life on hold whilst trying, some of us have been months worth of bfn's before we have caught and you still need to be you and live your life, do your best and try to avoid worrying about the stressful situations as that will do you a lot more harm in the long run than the stress did to begin with if you know what i mean x
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said Mrs. P!!!
    James 08/10
    TTC my little girl in 13

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to me, that would tend to sway blue by being a challenge that you can rise to and succeed at.

But here's the thing, you CAN'T worry over unavoidable stresses like that. Those are unchangeable. What you're trying to avoid is things you CAN control - like, entering the Pillsbury Bake Off, joining the Roller Derby, playing Call of Duty Black Ops 2, or launching into big complicated sway projects like colorcoding your pH and making a flow chart of all the diff. sway tactics you want to use LOL.

Stresses are always there and you can't sit around in a cold sweat chewing your fingernails to the quick about every stressor that comes your way - just do what you need to do and skip what you don't need to do and you're all good.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ