Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet question

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet question

Hi,
    A few girls on IG are doing an entirely acid forming diet rather than the IG girl diet and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this. I think it would be easier to do than the IG one but not sure how successful it would be!
    Thanks

Coccinelle33
    what im *trying* to do is eat low fat, low protein, low sodium, low potassium, acidic foods. im adding dairy and eating a little from the french, ingender, gender dreaming, and acidic diets. im going as long as i can with no breakfast and trying to cut out my late night snack. it's been hard trying to figure out what exactly to eat though. if you look under the ttc a boy section i asked what the all girl moms ate and im trying to follow that the best i can.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

I am also doing an acidic diet....I got my list from fairywishes. From AF-O I eat mainly: white rice, tilapia or cod, some chicken, yogurt with asparatame, diet coke/caffeine free, a glass of red wine at night. there is a link with all the acidic foods. Oh and a small bowl of fat free choc ice cream at night,its very acidic. fairy wishes had 2 failed sways using the IG diet, she is a nurse and did her own study and well shes pretty sure thats how she got her girl.....made her body completly acidic, which makes sense. We shoudl want our whole body acidic, not just the vj

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Red wine is VERY acidic, I have talked to some moms on BBC who had 3 boys and then a girl, and they blame it on drinking red wine

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by swish View Post
    Hi,
    A few girls on IG are doing an entirely acid forming diet rather than the IG girl diet and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this. I think it would be easier to do than the IG one but not sure how successful it would be!
    Thanks
    If the only thing that sways is acidity, then it would work and that would be great. However, the best information we have indicates that it's not just acidity that matters, it's also hormones (esp. testosterone), blood sugar, and possibly minerals.

As long as you are keeping in mind the primary goals of low protein, low nutrient, low fat, low sodium, low calorie diet with weight loss, if you want to follow an acid-forming diet then go for it! I just don't want to see anyone turn away from things that sway in favor of relying totally on pH which may or may not sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I know its not the only thing, but I do think as far as diet IMO I like the acidic, just talking about one of the sway factors....diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly! If it works for you and you're happy eating it PLUS it has all the benefits of the low-everything girl diet, then GO FOR IT!!!

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry couple more questions ref diet, am soooo confused! Can we have cream or not as it's high fat? I don't weigh very much and don't have much fat to lose, should I still be worrying about losing weight? Are any veg or fruit recommended other than green beans, leeks, raspberries and strawberries? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not have cream any more than once a day if you absolutely are dying for a treat and then only if you're not eating a lot of fat from other sources. (i.e. greek yogurt, 2% milk)

I think any "white" vegetables/fruits are ok for every day and then others on occasion. As long as you are moving in the general direction of low protein, low nutrient, low fat, low cal, low sodium, THAT is what is most important. Whether you eat a leek or an asparagus is less important, if you are meeting those goals. There are no magic foods.

Here's a link to the "diet suggestions" thread that I made.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...et+suggestions

I would try to lose at least a little weight, even if it's only a couple of pounds it will help. It's hard if you're already on the thin side, but remember that one pound counts "more" for you than it does for a heavier person because it's a higher percentage of your body weight. If you can, try to be at your thinnest when you TTC.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 20th, 2011 at 10:17 AM.

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much atomic. I read more about the diet after I posted it and it does all make sense, I just got myself so confused as originally I read the in gender diet. Thank you for replying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast