Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

new with questions?

I am new here been lurking for a while gathering information. I starting trying to change my diet a little bit about 4 weeks ago. I am having a very hard time sticking to it. Right now I am skipping breakfast and trying to stick to two meals a day while cutting out red meat, though I have had some cheats especially in the tww last month! Also trying to cut back on salt intake and fat. I am still breastfeeding my son who is 12 months old right now so I have to make sure I eat enough for him and sometimes my appetite gets a little out of control from the breastfeeding lol I started taking vitex this month not just for a sway but because my lutuel phase the first two period since having him have been less than 10 days long but my cycles are exactly 28 days apart. My biggest quesion though is about exercise there is no way i can fit in 60 minutes 6-7 days a week but I am a runner and typically run everyother day about 3 miles I have been doing that for a few years now the problem is that moderate exercise sways boy but when I get pregnant I have to be able to continue running to avoid gestational diabetes. I had it with my first two pregnancies when i wasn't exercising. Since I ran with my last pregnancy I was able to avoid it and hope to do the same this time around. The problem is if I quit running for a while to ttc pink I won't be able to just start it up while pregnant because doctor only recommends running if it is something I have already been doing. So my question is does anyone think moderate exercise will mess everything else up? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Amy, welcome to GD!

You don't have to do everything 'perfectly'. You do what you can, and even a little bit of change is a change. Swaying has to fit in our life and not vice versa. Stressing out over things you can't control or change, or have a really hard time with, will increase your testosterone and sway blue anyways.

Do the best you can with the diet, just skipping breakfast and skipping snacks will already change your blood sugar a lot. If you find it hard to give up all meat, just try giving up red meat for the most part. Cheats are okay! Especially since you're bf'ing you need to make sure you eat enough for baby.

If you enjoy running and want to keep it up, by all means do so. Moderate exercise *may* sway blue, but if it's something that's your status quo it's not like you're adding new moderate exercise. So for you it would just be a neutral factor. Sure, giving it up entirely or ramping up to everyday may sway pink, but not changing what you're doing kind of doesn't sway either way since your body is accustomed to that level of exercise.

Basically, do what you can that you can maintain and not be stressed over. Even a little bit of a sway is still a sway, and sometimes the 'lazy' or half-a$$ed sways end up being more successful, primarily because it doesn't cause stress and obsessing.

HTH!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and I just noticed the part about your LP. I've had a huge issue with that - I was bf'ing DS3 quite a lot (he's almost 3yo), and my LP was brutally short. 5 days my first cycle TTC, then 7 days. This cycle I'm fully weaning except for one morning nursing if he wants it, and I'm also doing Vitex to try to get my LP back. Your little one is a lot younger of course and you probably aren't weaning yet. But I bf'ing induced LP issues are very common.

I hope the Vitex works for you, you'll definitely have to let us know how it turns out for you!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!

As lp says do what you can I've gone coach potato but missing exercise like you I can't fit in that much!
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, moderate exercise won't mess everything else up, the exercise recommendations are just what I think will work for most people most of the time and NOT any kind of "must do" thing or your sway will fail.

Especially if you have had gestational diabetes in the past and your insulin response is not ideal, exercise will really help your blood sugar levels to remain normal. I would totally have you do whatever level of exercise you are comfortable with. The "no exercise" route is great for anyone with normal insulin response but may not be as good for you personally.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ