Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband thought it was an odd topic to bring up... we only get to talk at 5-5:45am when he gets ready for work. But I did have a speech planned out! I started...

When we were pregnant with James and found out we were having a boy (#1) we talked about only having two kids and wanting one of each. When we were blessed with a second unplanned pregnancy from the start your mother and I both wanted a girl and only talked about girl names. I was really sad to learn that we were having a boy but I tried my best to remain happy but deep down inside I was hoping the ultrasound was wrong or that I would miscarry. When Charlie was born with an "Ear Tag" (an inch long) on his ear I blamed myself because I didn't want him and God didn't make him perfect to punish. I did fall in love with him right away because God also made him look like me.... some stuff I forgot... skip ahead... Both our kids were not planned but are loved surprises. But it would be nice to plan a pregnancy, prepare for it, and not be surprised when we are told we are pregnant. Swaying for a girl is not 100% but it would be our chance to say we tried for a girl but if we get another boy then at least we tried. I don't want to spend the rest of my life thinking "what if". This will be our last baby no matter what! And then after talking back and forth about swaying I pointed out that he owes his mom because she was told he was a girl and he came out a boy. She couldn't have anymore kids so she was wishing that you would bless her with a girl.

I left him to think about it for a few weeks... and then he gave me permission to buy what I needed and set a limit! He takes and eats what I give him. He was the one that said he wanted to name it Madeline (we want all our kids to have first and middle names picked from our family tree).

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HI Girls can I join you? I'm coming over from IG as well --formerly SHUMZ. I've started my sway. Been on supps for about two months and trying to stick to a semi acidic diet. This month hasn't been a great sway so we may not BD the next few days cause I may O in the next two days. Hoping next month I'll do better wi diet. We have three little boys and this is our last baby. We've always wanted 3-4 kids. I Love having boys and always wanted boys, but after three, it would be nice to have a DD.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! Best of luck to you and everyone!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. I am from IG too. I swayed with my 2nd but was blessed with my second ds so I am trying again. We plan to start practicing as soon as af returns (stopped bfing this month) and hopefully we can start ttc in June. Currently I am buying all my supplies and will be doing tbm. Posting from my phone so I will post more later but wanted to ask if you girls think the crystal rock lamp at walmart is the same as a rock salt lamp? Thanks and looking forward to helping each other in our journey.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies, i too am trying for a pink one. I am very lucky my hubby is fully on board but more worried than i am if it fails. Lots of my fam and friend know what i have planned and are worried about me but i am so desperate for a girl i would do whatever it takes. We are going on holiday til Florida in Sept which is good an bad, Bad because i want to try now and Good because it gives me plenty of time to really track my cycles. I am using BBT to track OV exactly , OPK and CM charting. I have changed my diet to loose over 2.5 stone which for the us peeps is 35lbs i think ? so right now i am good for girls. I skip breakfast and lunch most days and eat onyl one meal. My weakness in night time munching. Closer to Spet (trying to convince DH for one try before the holiday since it probably wont work and wont matter if i am as it will be the 2WW) i hope to take calcium, cranberry and Mag suppliments (already stocked up), i plan to make a little list of foods and meal ideas to keep my salt low in the meals i choose but know nothing about moons and IONS. I am good with all the science stuff which is what convinced me a sway could work and i dont want to leave ANYTHING to chance. if it doesnt work i can say i tried as best as i could. I also keep a food diary so i can see how it effects my PH and as long as i can keep it low i will tweak it to 600-800 cals. I also bought some Rephresh and if my Ph spikes around OV will use that along with a Whopping 5 (poss 6 day) cut off as my DH has super sperm and i fell with just one BD each time i fell with my boys. The middle one was classic timing as i dtd right after +OPK and number too was a happy accident resulting from a naughty shower (sorry TMI) but i didnt know anything about swaying back then its just a good memory and dates that add up to both the last two being probably on the day of OV. As for number 1 DS who knows i know i had a typical boy diet ( i was living in america) Sorry its so long. Happy to meet you all and good luck x x x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome! Let me know how I can help!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i do have one question for you Atomic Sage, Do you know what the longest cut off was when TTC and if it was a boy or girl. I have everything crossed that a baby girl for me will be more about timing and diet and weight, i am firm believer in the science ( i have a btec in forensics) and i will pin point OV to the day with OPK and BBT but i really want to aim long as at the moment my body is staying at around ph4- 4.5. Also am i right in thinking that as long as i keep low calorie and my ph stays low i dont have to worry too much about what diet i am doing (keeping clear of really bad foods) as my body cant distinguish between any foods specifically, clearly its acidic enough (atm) and if i stick to not eating very much my body will think there is not much food available. i am hoping that if i eat a little amount of food there is only so much salt i can take in and if i bulk it out with rice and pasta whilst taking loads of suppliments so long as the levels of mag, calcium and cranberry are that much higher than sodium and potasium.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ain't no cinderella you sound a lot like me. I am desperate for a girl and don't know what I will do if I hear "It's a boy" for the 4th time. We are hoping to start trying in June or July. My husband will do the supps and some of the diet stuff (not sure how disciplined he will truly be). I am just happy he is willing. I too am clueless about ions and moons. We did not sway with any of our kids before. In fact I got pregnant with DS2 while nursing my 5 month old DS1. Our DS3 was an oops after we got rid of all our baby stuff thinking we might be done. I was sure he was a girl. When they told me he wasn't I was shocked. I just finished nursing him a month ago. I am not sure if that has any effect on a sway? Anyway just can't get the thought of not having a girl out of my head. I hope this is the cure. Very nervous about it though. Trying not to overthink it, yeah right!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a part of you that thinks if its a boy again you will want another and another and another? i know we cant really afford it and i know it wouldnt be fair on the boys as we try our best to do lots of things but as they ar getting older if i dont go back to work we just cant afford to do those things but then i think that they are lucky that i am home and i do lots of fun things and cheap things. lots of cooking and art things at home. I tested DH ph last night.... wish i hadnt. In the uk its illegal to go for gender selection. I am from a family i mixed genders. my mum had me first then my brother and couldnt have any more because of endimetriosis but my dad remarried had another two boys then a girl. my nan and grandad had one of each on his side and my mums parents had a girl first, then a boy, then a girl (who sadly died of sids) then two more boys. My cousin had a little girl and is one of two girls but her sister (my other cousin) had a little boy this year. My aunt and uncle had three boys and a girl. so really there is no genetic factor just seems to be me. The other thing is that my oldest son was born when i was married to my first husband (very silly and got married at 18) my little two are with my husband and he has a girl and a boy. both his ex's went on to have more boys so it cant be him right :S his daughter is his oldest and when i told him he had to drink lots of beer and 'lower' alot he laughed and said its like being 20 again (when he had his daughter. i love my boys and we are close but not close like i want to be with a girl. i dont have a sister. *Humph* i over think everything! i am so obsessed my mission is to read every single post on this forum incase i miss something, i have been writing EVERYTHING down but isnt that good for boys *sigh* from what i can tell we should be using lavender and need more negative ions around us. i will look in to it and find a list of things we need. i know its a salt rock lamp and we should have girl stuff under our bed? i am in the UK so not sure how some things translate either. thank goodness for ebay. Are you testing ph?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Pink Mamas! My story is similar to Chunky Monkey’s…We’ve got 2 boys (3 & 1) and we will probably end w/3 kiddos (although DH would love 5+!). We will start TTC Pink in May. I am consumed w/having a girl. I NEED A GIRL! Even our 3 dogs are boys, lol! Most of the time, I’m really excited to sway and get preggers again but since this is our last shot, I get quite stressed and sad as I may never get my girl. We had briefly considered HT after the birth of DS#2 but it just didn’t seem right for us. We would have adopted by now but it’s so expensive. I’m trying to stay positive, do what I can and just let the rest happen. Compared to most, I’m kind of doing a pink sway-lite or “Mellow-Yellow” approach…I am still BF DS#2 and we don’t quite want to give that up yet so things are a bit restricted sway-wise. I just got my 1st AF cycle back on 3-5-2011 so when I ovulate is anyone’s guess and things will be a bit crazy for the next 6 mos. I probably should just wait and figure out my cycle and let things get normal b4 TTC but I would really like a spring ’12 baby and I’m in my late 30s so time’s a tickin’…
    My head is swimming w/sway info and there is soooo much more I need to learn. I feel like I’m trying to cram for a final exam and the test is coming way too soon! I just got my Hanna Ph tester in the mail today (and am trying to figure it out…), I’m using OPKs & charting my basal temp, and waiting for my Replens, Sylk, Ovulite microscope and Diva Cup to arrive in the mail. I drink 100% cran juice every a.m., take cal-mag supps, stay away from caffeine and take B-6 but that’s about it. I won’t go the aspartame route but I will give up my Truvia (starting tomorrow!). I don’t consume dairy or meat (except for a bit of fish here and there) but may consider adding yogurt to my diet for a while. Unfortunately the “losing weight at time of conception” sway won’t work for me. I actually lose 15-20 lbs in the first 6 mos of pregnancy so I need to keep what I have. It sounds like I really need to study up on Ions as this one is new to me. We will probably be attempting the O+12 method along w/ a 4 day cut-off as I would like to get preggers sooner than later. If I’m not confident about gauging when I’ll ovulate, we’ll just do the O+12 along w/missionary position, shallow penetration & no O. DS#2 was a Shettles attempt gone wrong…we DTD too close to ovulation due to a miscalculation on my part (was BF DS#1 so my cycle was unpredictable at that time and OOPSIE…got a +OPK too soon). We got preg w/DS#2 b4 actually TTC (was just trying to get my cycle straight b4 TTC) so I guess we were just meant to have him and he’s definitely a sweet little keeper!
    DH also really wants a girl(s!) and is wonderfully supportive of swaying as long as it doesn’t hurt me and I don’t spend too much more $$$ on swaying aides.
    I also came from I.G. and love that site but have been very frustrated w/the darn Chimps every time I try to log on. PurplePoet, I too would love, love, LOVE twins!!! Regarding swaying, I too want to be able to say I did everything I could to TTC a girl. I am so very thankful to have found this site/thread to meet other aspiring Pink Mamas. I wish you all TONS of luck and hope we all get some PINK this summer!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast