Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coccinelle33

can replens and aci-jel be mixed you think?

i like the idea of aci jel better but that replens makes the ph of semen go down and keeps ph down longer. thoughts on mixing them?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

I am pg (swayed for a girl) and I was using replens and acijel...dont know if its a girl yet! dont see why you couldnt!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's REPHRESH that makes the pH of semen go down, not Replens. Replens is pretty much like Acijel, but it doesn't have acetic acid.

You can def. mix Replens and Acijel together, and ~probably~ can mix RepHresh with Acijel too but I'm not sure about mixing those two yet, because the RepHresh could potentially react with the Acijel to raise pH. I don't know for a fact that this will happen and it's probable that the two together will be just fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last thursday before Easter vacation I used a full dose of Rephresh and repleans at the same time because my ph had stayed high with just rephresh... When I checked my ph on Monday it was 4.7. I am just using repleans for now until I go to the store again I am going to mix both for about a month to see if I can keep it low. If it works and it stays low for the months I am going to try using rephresh only of 2wks and see what happens.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reason is because RepHresh was designed to keep pH at 4.5, so in addition to lowering pH, it supposedly also raise pH of anything lower. It seems possible to me that it could cause pH of things like Acijel to actually rise. I have no evidence of this though, I just didn't want to mess up anyone's pH by giving bad advice until I and some other people test it (I want several people to test it independently so we can be sure it works for everyone in a variety of different conditions).

My feelings are that I prefer RepHresh with cutoff and then Acijel/Replens with O+12. BUT if the RepHresh + Acijel combo seems to work, then I would tell everyone to just do that instead for both cutoff and O+12 (keeping in mind that you would use half-and-half rather than a full dose of each.)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I've ordered some Aci-jel too and am going to experiment using it with Rephresh. How do you suggest they would be used together (if the Rephresh didn't make pH rise on introduction of Aci-jel).

Thank you!
    K x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We'll have to compare notes! My 3 boys were born in the same years as yours btw

K x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Hi Atomic, I've ordered some Aci-jel too and am going to experiment using it with Rephresh. How do you suggest they would be used together (if the Rephresh didn't make pH rise on introduction of Aci-jel).

Thank you!
    K x
    I would half-and half it and then only put in a half-applicator AT MOST. So I guess that would be 1/4 app acijel, 1/4 app Rephresh, either the day before or morning of BD for 3 day cutoff. Then don't do anything for 3 days but do take antihistamines if you are using them. If you are then going to go for O+12, use only the Acijel.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    I will test it out once I get the Aci-jel and buy some Rephresh. I am assuming it matters most to test this before ovulation not just anytime during the month to see what it does with our pH. Thanks Atomic you rock!!!
    Yes, test during ovulation. pH is kinda meaningless at any other point although you will prob. want to test after you DTD unprotected (so obviously NOT around O for that one!) to see if the presence of semen makes any diff.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    About 4 days ago, when my antobiotics ended my ph was over 9, I wanted to lower my ph as fast as possible since my sway attemp is in late June and I didn't know how long it would take. I am hoping to keep my ph at the right number for atleast a week or more.

Morning 1 I used a 1/2 dose of repleans. Morning 2 my ph was 6.5 and I decided to use 1/2 dose of rephresh. Morning 3 my ph was 5.7, 1/2 dose of repleans. Morning 4 ph was 4.7 and I used 1/2 rephresh.....

I stayed on the girl diet during the time I was sick but I didn't really care to check my ph or use anything for 3wks. I think I will continue to use repleans and rephresh on alternating days for another few days and then every two days later this month. It seems to be working.

***With the rephresh I opened the tube and put it in an air tight container***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast