Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nuts, oats and crackers?

I'm sat here feeling slightly deflated! I get these Graze boxes every week - it's all natural and all below about 250 kcal. Which is all good! But looking through it its primarily nuts, seeds, oats, rice crackers, dried nuts, pop corn and savoury crackers/breads with dips.

But don't they sway blue!?

I'll be the most miserable pink swayer if they do - this Graze box is my savour from snacking on chocolate bars and potato crisps at college.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerian View Post
    I'm sat here feeling slightly deflated! I get these Graze boxes every week - it's all natural and all below about 250 kcal. Which is all good! But looking through it its primarily nuts, seeds, oats, rice crackers, dried nuts, pop corn and savoury crackers/breads with dips.

But don't they sway blue!?

I'll be the most miserable pink swayer if they do - this Graze box is my savour from snacking on chocolate bars and potato crisps at college.
    I've been very tempted by these too and have an offer voucher from WH Smiths waiting for when I get my BFP. Personally I think it is too healthy - with the exception of popcorn - and have avoided all oats and nuts. Have you tried eating air-popped popcorn with some sugar sprinkled over or chocolate ricecakes? The snack-a-jacks range is fab and very processed, which is kind of what we want. I figure the unhealthier the better!

IMHO I'd ditch the healthy graze box and go for stuff like Walker's baked stars crisps (I have a packet a day) and weight watchers cakes and chocolate bars!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh I don't like sweet popcorn - the popcorn are a healthy option too. Problem is, I don't like 'sweet' snacks like the snack-a-jacks, popcorn or chocolate ricecakes =/ I'd reach for the chocolate, which is bad for my PCOS and weight loss and I've never been a massive crisps person. If snack its either on smthg like this or chocolate or jelly sweets. Jelly sweets will be a no-go because of the gelatine (raises testosteron) and chocolate is a no-go because of my bloodsugar.

Mind, its only three days a week as its for college days only. On college days I generally eat much less than when I'm at home.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw the title of this thread then saw it was in the ttc girl section, my first thought was oh no... That does sound like a very boy friendly snack, but the rice crackers and savoury crackers should be ok, if they are low in sodium.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I can see its all low sodium. Mind my diet is naturally low sodium.

They are very small portions though. The biggest punnet has 54 g in and thats the flapjacks which I usually share with my kids, so I get maybe 18g of miniature flapjack.

This is the nutritional value of one of the nut ones (its got dark chocolate, which I give OH cause I don't like it, milk chocolate and brazil nuts):

punnet (40g)
    Energy (kJ) 1020 kJ

Energy (kcal) 247 kcal

Protein 4.2 g

Carbohydrate 9.7 g

- of which sugars 9.2 g

Fat 21.2 g
    - of which saturates 7.5 g

Fibre 1.8 g

Sodium 21 mg
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should probably add that none of this is normally a staple in my diet and the boxes change every week so I never get the same. And as I said, it's 3 days a week I get 1 punnet (which weighs between 18 - 40 grams) and the flapjacks usually go to my boys.

Still a no-no?
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well seeing as they are such small portions, low in sodium and are not a staple i dont think its so bad, i just saw nuts and oats and that says boy diet to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ITA with Cinss, unfortunately. The carb-y stuff - crackers and that sort, are fine. But nuts and oats are very blue friendly.

Sodium hardly sways so it's really not a factor.

I adore nuts too, and oats, so I know how you feel! But the oats are definitely a HUGE boy food. I limit nuts to the odd one I get mixed up in my ice cream, and a few shards of almonds in on occasional chocolate treat. That's it.

As usual, it won't ruin your sway once in awhile, but certainly not handfuls at a time.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh dang it >_< I will have to select "bin it" too all the ones that contain nuts. The flapjacks I give to the kids, so I'm good there. What about dried fruit (small portion, low Kcal and sodium), is that OK? And popcorn?

Its 23g and these are the nutrition stats:

Energy (kcal)
    Kcal 94.8

Protein 2.1 g

Carbohydrate 11.2 g

- of which sugars 0.3 g

Fat 4.1 g
    - of which saturates 1.8 g

Fibre 3.1 g

Sodium 155 mg
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Right I "binned" all the ones with lots of nuts in - there are still a few with nuts and seeds in, few with a small amount of oats. But I think it might be OK because of the portion sizes and they aren't staples. My little cheats, I suppose, three days a week! It must still be better than eating mars or snickers bars ('cause of my PCOS).
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast