Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hows does my diet sound so far?

Hows does my diet sound so far? I start in January! Do i need to take anything off or add something? I sure could use all the help i can get, praying for pink after 6 boys. thanks!

Foods:

Salad also organic spinach, NO BREAKFAST, NO SNACKING ,Pasta (calcium kind), cucumbers, strawberries,Apples(without peel), LOW LOW PROTEIN(baked or grilled chicken(only like 1 to 2 times a wk if that),green beans, white rice, yogurt,low sodium string cheese,sugar free chocolate ice cream (this is all i came up with so far).

Drinks:

caffeine free Diet Coke, Crystal light , peppermint tea, Organic milk, 1 cup of coffee a day, Bottle water.

I am gonna walk 1 hour a day/light yoga.
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a very limited list of foods. It's ok to give yourself leeway as long as you stay within calories/protein limits. Easiest way is to ditch all meat except for one or two cheats a month if you can. Milk's fine too as long as you're counting your protein. A lot of us do a lot of ice cream as treats quite often.

You can start out very limited and strict if you like, but it's ok to let up the reigns a little in subsequent cycles if you need awhile to get your bfp. Being overly regimented is a recipe for stress and that'll ruin your sway. Going vegetarian and snackless will get you a majority of the way there.

If you need food ideas check out the sticky at the top of the forum. Almost nothing isn't allowed on the LE diet although you want to minimize meat. Tofu and eggs are good hearty alternatives as long as you stay on top of the protein counts.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you are getting a lot of ideas from the ingender diet. That is similar to what they recommend. I know as I was on a similar diet before finding Gender Dreaming.

From what I understand with LE diet you can pretty much have anything as long as it is low in calories, and comes within your protein limit for the day. Perhaps just try to limit salt and stay within your potassium limits. Try to keep some variety so you don't get bored and stressed.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was browsing through a thread that was started in the pink section of what the girls ate for their diet and they gave me alot of good ideas I will try and find the thread for you cuz it has helped me out alot for a variety of things to eat.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally - And I may have it all wrong - but I've gone vegetarian, but as long as I stick to my protein, fat and calorie limits I more or less eat what I want. If I have something with nuts or oats I limit the amount a lot.

E.g. I eat Nakd bars when I need to stabilise my bloodsugar (I got some issues with insulin) and it contains nuts, but I account for it by taking from protein levels.

I eat smaller portions too.

My day looks like this:

Morning:
    1 cup peppermint tea with aspartame
    1 glass water with dissoluble C-vitamin (this I'm taking atm as I've been very ill lately and can't seem to shake it. I'm not TTC'ing yet though and C-vit does not store in the body). The fizz helps keep hunger away too - I will stop this as soon as I shake my illness and start TTC though.

Midday:
    1 sandwich (white bread) or (today) 1 white bread 'finger' with a quorn sausage, low salt tomato sauce (little) and onion.
    Fruit (dried, bar or fresh), savoury biscuits or some carrot sticks

Dinner:
    Today I had a baked potato, no skin, with low fat cream cheese, leek, spring onion, half a quorn sausage, 1 clove of garlic and a few button mushrooms.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Ladies! OMG meat is gonna be HARD to stop eating i love love chicken LOL. But to increase my chances of having a girl i have to do it! I am really wanting to get a variety of foods but see it is so limited on the girl diet. I so ENVY all you boy swayers WHY do you all get to eat all the good stuff (Joking) LOL. I do plan to pay to get a custom diet plan done. Have any of you got one done?
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, you really need to cut the meat. If you go vegetarian it makes it MUCH easier to stay on the diet without being too observant about it since you have a lot more leeway to cheat without blowing the diet limits on veg options.

Don't sweat the salt - it doesn't sway and most of us have blown the salt limits. It comes up a lot and really, it doesn't sway, and it's much better to 'cheat' on salt than to lose it on a big fat steak.

I agree with Tigger, you'll probably find yourself gravitating to the same few meals for the most part out of habit and because it's easier. Routine is good! Mine usually looks something like this:

7-8am - coffee with a dab of flavoured creamer and milk. Folic acid and Vitex (Vitex on CD1-14 only).

10-11am - daily cardio exercise

noon - lunch, usually a big salad, 2 slices of white toast with a little butter, and something for dessert (around 200 cals for dessert)

2-3pm - another cup of coffee with milk or a caff free diet coke

5:30pm - dinner, usually vegetarian or eggs a few times a week. Chicken/fast food on the occasional cheat day.

10pm - final 'meal' usually sweet treats like cookie/ice cream

And that's my routine! It's easy for me and not hard to stick to. I don't miss meat at all because I can get away with having cheese/cream sauces quite often as I'm doing intense cardio almost everyday. Depending on your metabolism/exercise you might or might not be able to have rich foods like that. The backbone of my diet is white breads, rice, and some pasta.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't miss meat either - the only time I struggle is around O and right before AF. It's hard to go against your body's natural signals which is to get nutrients on board. But I try!

I've implemented the LE principles slowly and have been doing it since end October now. I think thats made it easier as its just habit now!
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been doing the LE Diet for 6 weeks - the first 3 were okay, but one week wasn't great because I was on vacation but did skip breakfast and *tried* to always chose vegetarian options when we went out - never ate meat. but this past week and the coming two weeks before my attempt I'm being VERY strict. I find it hard to think of options as well because I feel like everything is cheating for some reason. My days are literally always the same.

12:00 I have a pita with 1tbsp cream cheese (or ricotta which I did today and tasted great, way less sodium and cals too!) with cucumber and iceburg lettuce. The odd time I add grape tomatoes. I usually have a piece of white bread toasted with unsalted butter after, and maybe some unsweetened organic applesauce.

5:00 I have white rice with zuccini, cauliflower and green beans. I usually put either lemon juice or some balsamic vinegar in the veggies while their cooking and maybe come cumin. It's super dry, but I've come to not mind it. Then I'll often have a piece of toast again, or some yogurt

9:00ish I usually have a 3rd meal because I am never at my calories and STARVING. I usually have some puffed wheat, or puffed rice cereal with milk, some cookies, or some form of dessert.

I almost always stay in my sodium limits, am always under protein limits and aiming for 1100 cals a day - that's because I already weigh very little and to lose anything I need to eat a lot less. I'm only doing it for 3 weeks as well, so if I don't get a BFP this cycle we are easing up. DH is doing it fully with me and we are both SO looking forward to a BFP and a celebration meal after the 2WW!

I'd love to hear more meal ideas as I'm also curious what others do. I'm suprisingly not bored with my choices though.. totally crave my lunch everyday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I crave my lunch everyday too, MsBlakely! Mostly because I bake my own bread from my own sourdough starter and man oh man, there is NOTHING yummier than warm crispy toast from homemade bread with some salty butter. I could eat that for every meal and not get sick of it.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast