Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to minimise effects of Christmas

That sounds awful doesn't it!

I was planning on hopping off the diet for Christmas, starting again in January, but not ttc in January (i.e. giving it until mid-Feb onwards until attempt).

However, I feel really sad that we can't try again until February, impatient as I am.

The biggest 'issue' I have is that we are going to the in-laws for 3 days. Typically, my MIL 'cooks' (I use that in the loosest sense!) a lot of meat, a lot of frozen processed food (quiches, pies, buffet food) and uses a lot of salt on things. She doesn't really cook from scratch, it's just processed foods.

What excuse can I come up with, to try to eat plainer foods? I'm tempted to say I've had a stomach upset maybe?

That visit aside, I've got Christmas day and 1 family gathering as my 'cheats'. We've also got two evening buffet parties, which I think I can blag by what I choose and put on my plate.

I was all set to take a break from the diet, but I've slept on it and think I want to keep going, so we can ttc in January.

How are others going to hide it?
    Thanks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually say the doctor has given me some new meds for my blood sugar and it kills me appetite. Maybe you could come up with something simillar? Maybe anti biotics your stomach aren't keen on? If you don't want to drink alcohol either then antibiotics are ideal!

Or yeah, say you've had a tummy bug and aren't completely over it yet. Try to huff and puff a bit once in a while, as if you've got stomach cramps.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MIL used to be a midwife, so I'm a bit nervous on making it due to tablets, as I know she'll quiz me! I think I'm going to go with the tummy bug thing. Then I could just say I'm OK to eat bland food (white bread, veg, pasta, rice) and just keep it really plain. I'm sure it won't be to the diet 100%, but I'll try to minimise my levels at other times this cycle too. It's hard isn't it. I had it all planned out last night, but this morning, the prospect of not ttc until end of February has really upset me.

DH is happy to go along with it, but wants to make sure we make the christmas period great for DSs (I've been a bit of whinge bag with this low blood sugar!).

Being at the out-laws, I'm sure I can huff and puff a bit

You never know, I might even get a BFP on Thursday (I'm currently 8 DPO), although I don't feel pregnant. So I'd be surprised if I am. That would be the best Christmas present then though!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to say my stomach's not great. I told my MIL last week that I've gone vegetarian because she was trying to persuade me to have dinner at her house. FIL is a chef and the dinner smelt so gorgeous, it was so hard trying to come up with excuses.

We're have Christmas dinner in our own house this year and then going to the in laws, so that'll make it a bit easier. But then I have to go to another dinner in DH's aunts house a few days later.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm saying that I haven't been feeling well - which won't be a shocker as I had dizzy issues for months that they'll just assume is due to that. I have a company dinner for my husband on thursday at a restaurant and I've been looking at the menu and planning on ordering super crazy, sauce on the side etc. and telling everyone I am watching salt intake due to dizzy episodes - not a lie well.. sorta of as they stopped since I started taking iron.. but you do what you gotta do, right!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to wait and start diet/supps after the new year, but I just had a m/c last month and finally got my first cycle last week. Getting pg after m/c helps to sway pink, and I'd like to have diet and supps on my side too, even if just for a bit. I should ovulate next week, amongst all the holiday chaos. I decided to go back on the diet TODAY, and am going to break it for 3 meals ONLY! We are going to MIL for this weekend, and I'm just going to tell her dr put me on strict diet to help get pg again. They all know I had m/c and know I'm ready to try again. I'm bringing food to MIL for the weekend, and will break the diet for the one big meal we will have there over the weekend. Then my family comes here Sunday to stay through Christmas, and going to say same thing, and only break it once with them here. The DH birthday is 29th, and will break it to have dinner with him. Will be home cooked, so I can control it somewhat. Other "break" meals will be home cooked as well, so I may make a few special request sides so the only cheat would be the meat. I know what you mean about not wanting to wait, my dr wants me to wait one more cycle for 'emotional' reasons, but I know I am fine and ready to go on. Let us know what you decide, and good luck!
    2010, 10/2012 after swaying, currently after swaying again - due date Jan. 30, 2014

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh Danielle, so sorry to hear about your m/c, heartbreaking for you.

Your plan sounds a good one moving forward.

I've decided to stick to the diet, so we can ttc jan, though I'm having a cheat meal for Xmas day.

I've also got 3 buffets (one which I doing, so I can do a huge vat of pasta salad and rice salad). I'm hoping the other two times, I can just pick at the salads a bit.

I'm feigning sickness for in law visit. I'll just pretend to stomach bland foods - rice, pasta, maybe veg and toast. I think I'll take a hidden stash of skittles and low fat wraps too!!! I just couldn't cope with January, without an attempt til feb!! Luckily DH is very supportive and happy to go along with it (though I think he thinks w should just start feb).

Good luck to you too, fx it happens quickly for you

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Msblakeley - interesting about the dizzy episodes. I had dizzy episodes around af last cycle.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipadmad View Post
    Msblakeley - interesting about the dizzy episodes. I had dizzy episodes around af last cycle.
    People have gotten dizzy on LE Diet. If you are feeling extremely dizzy, eat a little something carby (even if it's a snack between meals) because you don't want to pass out, that can be dangerous. You may want to try something with some sodium in it as well in case low sodium is causing your blood pressure to drop (this will be more dizziness when you stand up suddenly). If the dizziness does not seem to get better with eating and you've either been on diet for several months or you have been anemic in the past or have heavy periods, add in an iron supp like Bifera/Feosol 3 times a week (if it's the iron you will likely see immediate improvement.)

Low potassium may also cause dizziness so a reminder that everyone needs to get 2500-3500 mg potassium a day. You can literally die from not enough potassium.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ