Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OMG, I think I missed it!!!! Going to cry!!

I posted earlier today about an OPK test wondering if it was + or not. It was slightly lighter than the control line, but right now if I look at it it's the same colour, just maybe thinner - that was at 11am, I had tested last night at 9pm and got a very very faint line.

I tested again at 2, and of course the test didn't work - no control line or anything.. just blank!!! SOOO mad, so I took another one with whatever pee I had left and the control line was there but the test window was BLANK! Not even a faint positive!

Could I have missed the surge last night and the test this morning at 11am was slightly lighter because the surge was going down? Or is my last failed test just because it was the second pee from a batch?!

I'm so upset. I'm going to test in 4 hours from now to see what happens but what do I do? Our kids our up now until bedtime in 4 hours, should we just BD right after they go to bed?! I so wanted a cut -off and now I worry it's right on O day!!!

Maybe I haven't O'd as I'm only on day 12, usually have 28-29 day cycles but I'm just so thrown off from the last test that showed no line at all!! AH

Help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you are very hydrated it can be easy to miss a positive...

when were you planning to DTD? if the moment you got a positive OPK you could still be DTD right on OV, and for the traditional "cut off" even DTD then would be boy timing.

saying that, there's no evidence cut offs work and some studies even suggest DTD at OV time is more likely to result in a girl. In general, timing doesn't conclusively sway at all. If it did sway, ALL studies would find that and the majority are also inconclusive or contradictory!

now would be a great time to DTD to get pregnant, especially if you are swaying in other ways such as diet, FR/abstinence, etc

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was planning on DTD at +OPK.. that's the safest bet as my cycles have been a little different the last few months. I know timing doesn't sway so I'm trying to forget about it. I'm not super hydrated - I literally rarely drink water. However, I had just drank something for lunch around 12ish and took the test about 2.. but that was the test that was defective because everything was blank - not even a control line! I then peed again right after and used another test which showed a control line, but didn't have a test line at all.. not even faint!

I'm so confused. I'm holding my pee for 4 hours and testing again then to see.

Here's the photo which atomic said was negative.
    photo (1).JPG

The top test was last night around 9pm
    The bottom is today at 11am

I'm really so confused because of the completely negative test at 2pm (not even a faint line like the top pic - it was second batch of urine though)... Could I have missed the surge somewhere in late last night/early early morning?

And i'm 100% doing the diet, and we were doing abstain.. however we're only at day 5 and a half now.. Atomic said if you get to day 6 of abstain then keep it as abstain, if it's before do hurry up FR.. I'm worried about that those as DH might not be able to do twice in a short timeframe so we'll probably just do one attempt at +opk..
    Last edited by black&gold; December 22nd, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think that the test at 2 was not reliable. Do you know what day you typically O on? Do you have any other symptoms that O is near like EWCM? It looks like you are having a fade in pattern. I would wait until you test again in a few more hours. If you get no line or one lighter line than the one from 9 last night, then go for it so soon as the kids are in bed. Do you also temp? If so, did you notice a dip in temp this morning? That would indicate that O is about to happen...
    11/07
    4/10
    TTC

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd keep testing, Im with atomic, neither of those are +. That other one sounds like a fluke. I bet your test tomorrow will be +. the one on the bottom is getting close.
    Mom to 3 little men! Age 8 and twins who just turned 6!!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm assuming it's usually CD14 or 15 as my last few cycles have been 28-29 days. I've had a bit of EWCM, but I'm also taking antihistamines to get rid of it as i'm swaying girl. I normally have lots of the stuff though and for a good two days so that's not a reliable way to tell. I haven't been temping as this is the first month ttc and I didn't start in time.

I'm really hopin the one in a couple hours works as this has been SO confusing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Vanasse...I'd look for any other clues - like EWCM - to help corroborate O.

ETA: Oops, cross-posted...Sorry, the antihistamines make it hard to tell about the EWCM. I would just keep checking the opks...and frankly, unless you planned on abstaining for your sway, I'd keep dtd.
    Last edited by BeadinMom; December 22nd, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just tested, it's negative again.. no line what so ever. I didn't drink a think for the last 4 hours. I'm going to assume if I had of tested late last night or really early this am it would have been positive. Does this mean I'm probably O'ing now? I def had a good amount of EWCM when I went to the bathroom despite taking antihistamines (cetrizines & benedryl)

So should I have my attempt in an hour when the kiddos go down? It'll probably be right around O, which I'm not happy about but you all say cut-offs don't work! This is where I hope the represh and diet come through for me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS3 = a cut off LOL...if I were you, I would go for it!
    Proud mom of 3 sweet boys...
    and one BEAUTIFUL little girl!
    (Thanks Atomic!)

Guess my nub? LOL...

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...guess-3-a.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did find that some days we never got a "proper" positive. If you have a short surge (and some are just 6hrs) it can be very hard to time your OPK so you pick up the peak. Your OPK looks like you might have caught it as it was starting to rise (or fall). I always advise people that if they see a significantly darker line than at any point during their cycle, even if not quite up to the control line, to think that OV is imminent. Some tests are less sensitive than others and would only give you a smaller window of opportunity to get a true positive too. I don't know the ones you're using, so perhaps they're not that sensitive.

As above, it's very helpful to use other fertile signs (such as cervix position, CM, or temps) to confirm it

if I'm honest I think you probably have missed your surge (but might still be fertile). Keep testing just to check if you don't want to BD now, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast