Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Loosing too much weight?! Help!!

Hello,

My first attempt is in Late April or May but I have began my 'LE' diet & am worried that I am loosing too much weight too quickly & won't have anything left to loose closer to the attempt.

My diet is my biggest challenge. I love processed fast food (terrible), love to eat HUGE amounts, Pasta, breads, red meat, crisps, cookies - You name it.
    I always eat a healthy dinner & do eat fruit & veg too but though out the day, I will constantly graze on junk or bits and pieces rather than eating anything with value to it.

I have cut back on meat as much as I can (will cut it out completely in the next few weeks), have cut back on meal size, no breakfast, no junk, am eating lunch everyday (according to LE diet) & still drinking loads of diet Soda & caffeine.

My normal weight is 48kg (105 lbs) but since end of 2012 I was sitting at 51kg (112lbs). It's been 8 days of my new eating routine & somehow I have already lost 2kg (4.4 lbs).

I am only 1 kg away from my usual weight & I don't think I can get below that.

If I have lost that much weight so suddenly, I really don't think that I will lose anything else over the next 4/5 months. I haven't even gone completely LE yet!!
    What's more important for pink sway, altering hormones through food or losing weight & lowering blood sugar levels?

What do I do?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a similar issue with not much weight to lose, and was advised to eat more carbs if you need to eat more food to stop you losing too much weight. Im no expert, but I think losing weight in itself sways pink, without sticking to specific types of food.

If I was you, I would hold off trying to lose any more weight and just maintain until you are nearing close to TTC as its still a while away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    normally when starting any diet you will lose the most in the first week as your body clears out all the water retention, it should level off after a few weeks. If it doesn't, increase the ranges (cals/fat/prot/carbs) that you are eating within

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies.

So I gather that it's more important to lose weight than changing our diet for the sake of naturally altering hormone levels!?

I'll try not to lose anymore weight, although I didn't really try this week. It kind of just fell off. Im sure post baby i'll be wishing this is the case!! Hopefully my weight stabilises for the next few months and I can lose some extra kilo's right before attempt - even if it is only slight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's more important to have less nutrient intake via diet than to lose weight, but the less nutrients can also lead to both lower hormones and lower pH, and weight loss can also lower hormones and pH.
    I'd say it's more important to maintain weight but eat "light" than it is to lose weight, but even if you maintain and then lose 1lb the week of ovulation that's better than nothing.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interested to hear this response. I've been on the diet for 7 weeks and I've lost 7lbs. My BMI is ALMOST in the 15's.. I'm hovering. 16.0. I've been eating more junk and carbs to try and up it.. but it's not helping. I don't want to start to gain as my attempt is in 2 weeks but I can't lose anymore! After this attempt though my husband and I have agreed we're done and going to just TTC the way we did before as getting pregnant is most important to us. Grrr.. I feel like it's hopeless as I was already a 16.7BMI with both boys

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I concieved my girls I basically did a LE diet. I was only 90-95# at 5'. I never lost any weight but I was already thin/underweight.
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    we don't know what is more important and it may vary by individual

increase calories and carbs to keep weight on
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MSBLAKELY View Post
    Interested to hear this response. I've been on the diet for 7 weeks and I've lost 7lbs. My BMI is ALMOST in the 15's.. I'm hovering. 16.0. I've been eating more junk and carbs to try and up it.. but it's not helping. I don't want to start to gain as my attempt is in 2 weeks but I can't lose anymore! After this attempt though my husband and I have agreed we're done and going to just TTC the way we did before as getting pregnant is most important to us. Grrr.. I feel like it's hopeless as I was already a 16.7BMI with both boys
    it's never hopeless. I promise everyone can conceive kids of either gender
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ