Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

girl sway and miscarriage questions

Are there any girl practices that possibly contribute to miscarriage?
    I just had my second miscarriage and we'll be trying again... not sure when. But we need to prepare our sway.

Here's what we did for our sway....

Supps:

Me-
    acidophilus
    folic acid
    fiber
    baby aspirin- for 2 weeks leading up to O, I took it three times a week. After O, I weaned off it.
    zyrtec- took it for three days leading up to O and through O

DH-
    licorice root (450 mg 3x/day), AF-O
    calcium
    magnesium (200/day)
    cranberry (500 mg/day), AF-O

Heat:
    DH wore tight briefs, took hot showers.

BD/release:
    We had six releases before the attempt. On O day we had two attempts and then a 3rd and 4th attempt in the two days after O (O was not confirmed by temp until the 2nd DPO).

Represh- full applicator every three days in the week before O with the last applicator the day before the 1st attempt

Diet:
    LE diet- I lost 5 lbs in the 2+ weeks before O and two more lbs while waiting for my BFP

Skip breakfast
    Low sodium
    Low fat
    Low protein- 40-50 grams
    Low calorie

Exercise:
    I knew that with decreased calories/nutrition, I couldn't sustain intense cardio. So I just didn't exercise at all.

Is there anything here that might contribute to a miscarriage? Because I'm tossing out anything that might lead to another miscarriage.

Thanks!
    Loving my two
    So excited to add a to our family

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    so sorry for your loss
    to be honest, a girl diet in general could lead to poorer quality eggs and that could lead to miscarriage.
    Unfortunately MCs are common anyway and 25-30% of pregnancies will end in one, so it could just be bad luck.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it basically the girl diet that leads to poor quality eggs? Or are there certain aspects of it?

With two live births and two miscarriages, my odds aren't great right now and I don't want to decrease my odds any further.

Also, getting pregnant soon after miscarriage- does it sway one way or the other?

My doctor recommended waiting two cycles before trying again. But if we do that, we'll be in December baby territory and we've already got our anniversary, Christmas and DH's birthday in a two week period so we don't want to go there. We could go for a Jan baby, but our last baby was a month early so we'd still be in Christmas baby territory if we have another early baby. So we either a) ignore the doctor and get pregnant as soon as we can (which I kind of want to do so I can do the morning sickness crap while the kids are still in school and not ruin their summer by staying home sick all summer) or b) wait until May to get pregnant to shoot for a Feb baby.

Just thinking online here. Anyone have experience with getting pregnant right after a miscarriage? Did it sway? Did it raise your risk of miscarriage or other complications?
    Loving my two

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Miscarriage sways girl but you also have increased risk of miscarriage

Sorry for ur loss
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry that it took me so long to get back to you on this, I read this post when on my Kindle and wanted to give a longer response and then it vanished!!

The LE Diet followed sanely shouldn't contribute to miscarriage in any way. Now, not everyone follows it sanely and poor diet can sometimes contribute to losses, but the #1 main cause for miscarriage is nothing you did or did not do in any way, it's just bad luck. A very complex chain of events has to transpire to turn two cells into a human being and sometimes things don't go quite right and a loss occurs.

Looking over your sway it looks just right to me. I don't think you were cutting back too far and I do not think you were taking anything that even remotely gives me pause for causing losses. You took the aspirin properly as well. The only thing I would change is that I believe it's safest to stop Zyrtec BEFORE ovulation, but I seriously doubt this caused any issue for you.

I do not think it was anything you did at all that caused this to happen. There are a couple things we can do to help prevent future miscarriages:

8-15 mg zinc taken 3x a week
    18-30 mg iron taken 3x a week
    increase folic acid to 2000 mcg
    make sure you are getting enough iodine either by using iodized salt or taking an iodine supplement
    be sure to get a minimum 700-1000 mg sodium and 2500-3500 mg potassium
    100 mg coq10 taken throughout cycle
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squamgirl View Post
    Is it basically the girl diet that leads to poor quality eggs? Or are there certain aspects of it?

With two live births and two miscarriages, my odds aren't great right now and I don't want to decrease my odds any further.

Also, getting pregnant soon after miscarriage- does it sway one way or the other?

My doctor recommended waiting two cycles before trying again. But if we do that, we'll be in December baby territory and we've already got our anniversary, Christmas and DH's birthday in a two week period so we don't want to go there. We could go for a Jan baby, but our last baby was a month early so we'd still be in Christmas baby territory if we have another early baby. So we either a) ignore the doctor and get pregnant as soon as we can (which I kind of want to do so I can do the morning sickness crap while the kids are still in school and not ruin their summer by staying home sick all summer) or b) wait until May to get pregnant to shoot for a Feb baby.

Just thinking online here. Anyone have experience with getting pregnant right after a miscarriage? Did it sway? Did it raise your risk of miscarriage or other complications?
    The LE Diet done correctly should not raise risks of miscarriage. I can't always control what people eat of course and some people cut back much more than I would like them to.

getting pg again soon does seem to raise odds of pink. Several girls have done it successfully - soem of the reasons doctors give for not TTC are reasonable precautions but others are more along the lines of "hysterical women trying to replace a baby". The vast majority of people who I know that got pg right after a miscarriage had a normal pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One caution about getting pregnant right after miscarriage--the one time I did this, I had a chemical. On a later cycle (after yet another m/c), I had hysteroscopy (where an RE looks at your uterus and lining with a tiny little camera) done, and my lining was found to be very thin in the first cycle or two after a D&C. If you've miscarried naturally I wouldn't worry about it so much, but if you've had a procedure done, your lining might be thinner than usual, and thus your chances of poor/failed implantation might be higher. If you want to be cautious, you could probably have an RE check on this, either by looking at your lining via ultrasound, or with the procedure I just described. I *personally* won't TTC for at least two cycles after a D&C now, but that's just based on my own experience.

I should also say that *if* there is indeed an increased risk of miscarriage after a miscarriage--and studies are conflicting about this; some actually show better outcomes for pregnancies conceived right after a loss--it is probably because of problems with the uterine lining due to D&C. If you've miscarried naturally, I think your chances of problems are probably small.
    Last edited by sugarNspice; January 26th, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic and Sugar- thank you for your responses.

I miscarried naturally this time (had a D & C with my 1st mc). A week after it completed, I saw my dr for an ultrasound and he said that my uterus looked great and gave me the ok to start trying whenever I want. I asked about the two cycles that he had recommended and he said that it's just theory and it applies more to those who have had a D & C because the D & C doesn't always get everything out.

I went back on the LE diet and was losing weight, but now I've been sick with a cold and have been gaining weight again as I've been eating better to get well. Since the mc, it's been one thing or another- migraines for awhile, a week of feeling good, now a cold. I'm hoping that all of this has my "maternal condition" declined enough to sway. Although I feel so crummy physically lately that I kind of want to take a break, get strong again and then go back to swaying. I just don't know.

Anyway- thank you for the replies. I appreciate your help.
    Loving my two

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post

There are a couple things we can do to help prevent future miscarriages:

8-15 mg zinc taken 3x a week
    18-30 mg iron taken 3x a week
    increase folic acid to 2000 mcg
    make sure you are getting enough iodine either by using iodized salt or taking an iodine supplement
    be sure to get a minimum 700-1000 mg sodium and 2500-3500 mg potassium
    100 mg coq10 taken throughout cycle

Is this a combination that needs to be all or nothing? I have iron in my stockpile, but not zinc or coq10. I'd like to do whatever I can to prevent future problems, but I also don't want to go buy another pile of supplements. If I need to buy more supplements, I will.

Also, my folic acid is 800 mcg and I take two a day. If I increase to three, I'll be over the 2000 mcg that you're recommending. Is it safer to stay at 1600 mcg or should I go up to the 2400 mcg?

Thanks for your help!
    Loving my two

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is probably just bad luck. I did not sway and am completely out of my element but I am curious about the tight briefs and hot showers? What does that do to the sperm to sway pink? With general fertility they tell men not to wear tight briefs, could that damage the sperm?
    8/2013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast