Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Shettles and O+12 Question

Hi everyone. I have a question about shettles and O+12. So shettles was wrong in saying that girl and boy sperm are different (i.e. his cut off theory) and O+12 doesn't really have a lot of support that it results in a higher number of girls? Does this mean that when I sway for a girl I just concentrate on diet, acijel, sylk, lowering testosterone etc. I am asking as I think I can only conceive really close to ovulation, both my boys were conceived on ovulation day or the day before ovulation. I tried to do cut offs between 2 -4 days for 10 months for my second child but I couldn't get preggy. So when we try again for a girl I still think I will need to conceive when really fertile. I was thinking of getting hubby to abstain for 7+ and try O+12 but if this doesn't work we will need to conceive right on ovulation. If we abstain and do diet, lubes etc but still had to conceive close to ovulation would this still be good enough to sway for pink?

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd love to know the answer to this too as I am in exactly the same position as you!! My first son was conceived O day and ds2 was a 1 day cut off after 9 months of trying cut offs!! I'm currently on month 4 ttc with 2 day cut off
    Xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jude17 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have a question about shettles and O+12. So shettles was wrong in saying that girl and boy sperm are different (i.e. his cut off theory) and O+12 doesn't really have a lot of support that it results in a higher number of girls? Does this mean that when I sway for a girl I just concentrate on diet, acijel, sylk, lowering testosterone etc. I am asking as I think I can only conceive really close to ovulation, both my boys were conceived on ovulation day or the day before ovulation. I tried to do cut offs between 2 -4 days for 10 months for my second child but I couldn't get preggy. So when we try again for a girl I still think I will need to conceive when really fertile. I was thinking of getting hubby to abstain for 7+ and try O+12 but if this doesn't work we will need to conceive right on ovulation. If we abstain and do diet, lubes etc but still had to conceive close to ovulation would this still be good enough to sway for pink?
    That is what the evidence tells me. Diet seems to be first and foremost in importance and Shettles mistook capacitated and uncapacitated sperm for X and Y. If cutoff sways, it isn't by much. I would try the day before O and O with antihistamine, abstinence or frequent release, and then one of the jellies if you want to. GOOD LUCK!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wishing on a star View Post
    I'd love to know the answer to this too as I am in exactly the same position as you!! My first son was conceived O day and ds2 was a 1 day cut off after 9 months of trying cut offs!! I'm currently on month 4 ttc with 2 day cut off
    Xx
    My philosophy is, if you can't get pregnant, you have ZERO chance at your desired gender. And every month that passes by is that much longer on diet, supps, etc. So do what you can to sway but be willing to give up the things that are keeping you from conceiving. Good luck@!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks atomic i get excatly what you mean. I was panicking thinking if i concieved on O or O-1 it would result in another ds but as my diet has changed so dratically and ive recentley lost weight that will hopefully go in my favour. If my cut off dosent work this month i will attempt a O+12 and then following month maybe bd through O
    xx

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi wishing on a star. I am really nervous about having to conceive on ovulation day or the day before ovulation day as this was how I got my boys. I think I will try cut off again (choose day when most girls are conceived, I know I have read this somewhere so I will need to find this again) or try O+12. Please keep us informed as to what you do when you get preggy and also if you get a baby girl. Good luck

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think timing is the best indicator either. The large-ish Dutch study on here included BOTH diet and timing so we cannot evaluate independently. They did see most girls with a 3 day cutoff(over 60% and using a 4 day it dropped to 50%). People that did 2, 3, 4 or 4+ cutoffs all had girls though so timing is just not exact atall. They all wanted girls and there were only 1-2 attempts in the whole study on O day(because they messed up basically) so there is no way of knowing if that would have made a difference(which day they DTD).
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is also a lot of good info on timing here - http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/min...m/default.aspx

This is my friend Minerva's Mom's blog, she analyzed HUNDREDS of FF charts looking for patterns of timing and BD that swayed (or didn't) - the earlier posts are the ones with the most swaying info in them. http://www.ingender.com/cs/blogs/min...e/2009/06.aspx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked at the boy diet to see if it looks like how you were eating when you concieved your boys? That's what I noticed most! After looking at it, No WONDER I have 3 boys. LOL So if you are really commited to the girl diet at least 6 weeks before your attempt and all the way until you get your BFP than I wouldn't worry about the timing as much. That's my plan at least. With the supplements, ions, douche and lubes.

Good luck!
    Now SIXbabies!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, I think my diet sways boys. I will need to do some big changes to my diet when we try for a girl. Is 6 weeks on the girl diet a minimum time or should you really aim to be on it longer than 6 weeks to really change your body chemistry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast