Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Juniebjones; December 13th, 2016 at 01:53 PM.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know of any studies and knowing the biology of how sperm is made, stored in a low pH so they don't activate, etc. I don't know if what they do matters as much as us, the "incubators".

It certainly can't hurt to try to have him flow along since nobody totally understands how it happens. Some of the men in the Dutch study on here did do the diet with their wives.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is an excellent question. In some ways I think it would matter about their diet as this effects sperm 'storage' solutions too, right? You would think it would help if their diet was low salt, and high in all other essential minerals (Ca, Mg, etc). It has been shown female sperm prefer a high Ca environment. Also, if their pH is low, surely the male sperm would start to die off whilst still i his body? Does this make sense? Or maybe i just don't understand biology that well? Also, I have read males that wear 'hot' underwear have more girls, so that would indicate the male is quite critical? My partner is doing his best at the diet, but I know he struggles at times and so would like to get pg soon as I hate to deny him like this, even though he is more than a willing participant.
    One and trying for a in 2011

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only real info I was able to find researching before the site launched was attributed to a reduction in testosterone levels but it sounded like that was assumed and not tested.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...fect-on-Gender
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also really interested to know this and I could have written this thread too! My husband is doing the same things but could NEVER follow the diet, he just doesn't have the will power!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I put my hubby on 1/2 the amount of vit/herbs that I am on and his sperm ph went from 9.8 to 7.8 so I believe that the vita/herbs worked because I didn't change anything else for him.... I just increased a few of his vita/herbs this week so hoping it lowers a little more. He is taking the Licorice Root and Saw Palmetto because they are good for his health conditions, and he excited to hear they may help his hair on his grow back But with 500mg of calcium and 800mg magnesium they seem to be helping his ph and also his health.

I am testing him every week until his ph is just right and then I will leave the vita/herb amount and not mess with his diet... he has given up a lot of foods over the years for his health so I am happy where he is at with his food.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My husband would never stick to the diet either and I hate even making hime cut back on all the foods he loves, but he said hes under my control for the next couple of weeks..so!!! But I just had him cut way back on salt and sweets, as little potatoes and red meat as possible....also taking calcium/mag, cranberry, and licorice root. I checked his pH a couple nights ago and it was 8, which I hope is ok but I told him we need to get it as low as we can!! Im like you Babushka, I figured since they carry the sperm surely their body has some affect on them as well! Cant hurt to try right?!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    I am curious. I am going to have my husband take the supplements (licorice root too), chitosan, yogurt, crystal light, give up drinking beer, less salt and potassium (he at least doesn't salt is food like I do)... but I know he won't do the girl diet. Do we know if there are any studies out there that show that men on the girl diet (along with women)increases the chances for a girl and if so how much? How much does it really increase the chances? I don't want to think I am going to be doing all this work and everything is screwed up because he didn't do the diet. I guess in my mind I want to know now, so I don't stress out about his diet.
    There are barely any studies regarding WOMEN and the TTC diet, let alone men.

Evolutionary logic tells me that it doesn't matter anywhere near as much for the guys (if at all), because for most mammals, in nature it is the moms who raise the kids and the dads are either heads of a harem of many females, or hit-and-run parents. So diet is less predictive of evolutionary success for men then it is for women.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Babushka View Post
    This is an excellent question. In some ways I think it would matter about their diet as this effects sperm 'storage' solutions too, right? You would think it would help if their diet was low salt, and high in all other essential minerals (Ca, Mg, etc). It has been shown female sperm prefer a high Ca environment. Also, if their pH is low, surely the male sperm would start to die off whilst still i his body? Does this make sense? Or maybe i just don't understand biology that well? Also, I have read males that wear 'hot' underwear have more girls, so that would indicate the male is quite critical? My partner is doing his best at the diet, but I know he struggles at times and so would like to get pg soon as I hate to deny him like this, even though he is more than a willing participant.
    The male is critical BUT there is no evidence that diet or mineral content is what matters. Sperm count seems much more important.

PS - the male sperm do NOT die off more quickly than female sperm do. For some reason we don't fully understand, lower sperm count seems to sway pink even though the numbers of male and female sperm are equal. Shettles was wrong when he theorized that Y sperm were weaker than X sperm

PPS - The idea that X sperm "like" calcium is still open for debate. Thus far, the only thing that has been proved is that women eating a certain style of diet had more of one gender than another. We don't know if it has anything to do with calcium or if it is just a coincidence.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that people with certain health conditons tend to only have kids with the same genders.

I know 3 fathers who are not related but they are all lactose intolerent and have all girls. It may be the soy or something else but mostly they do not have any dairy.

I know 5 fathers (including my hubby) who have heart/blood related issues and have all boys.

Then again it may just come down to over all diet.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast