Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused/losing hope

I don't know where to post this but ttc related

SO my +opks were last week MTW TH...all very postive. We BD Fri, Sat, Sun and Thursday.

I got a very strong positive on my HPT Answer brand yesterday morning and I have seriously no clue how many dpo I am, and don't really care about that too much unless to determine viability of pg.

Went for blood work yesterday and they just called and said my HCG yesterday was a 7! Told me to hold off taking the progesterone and pg likely not viable and to come in Tuesday to check things out

So..how come my Anwser test was so positive yesterday? Do you think there is any hope here? This will be m/c #9, maybe 10 if I count the chemical last month. Is there any way blood tests are not as accurate as an Answer brand test I know thats so dumb but seriously..I don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay let me see if I have your timeline straight.

You had a +OPK Mon, Tues, Wed, AND Thurs? Is that correct? That's a long stretch. Anyways, it's irrelevant as only the first one 'counts' so Monday (and remember the test line must be as dark or darker than the control for a positive on an OPK) and thus putting your O anywhere from Tues-Thurs.

I'm assuming here that your bd was starting on the Friday preceding your first +OPK to even have a chance here.

Anyways, if my math is right, that would have put you at only 7-8dpo yesterday. Which is incredibly early for a BFP. Was the Answer one the only HPT you did? Did you do a second one, an IC, or a FRER? Did you read the test after the time limits in the instructions (5-10min)? I'm really surprised that you could register a BFP if your blood levels were only at 7, as your urine HCG levels will always always be lower than your blood levels and the most sensitive HPT out there is only 10miu. And no, blood tests are always more accurate than HPT's. There's no way you could have a blood level of hcg of 7 and still register a BFP on a pee stick.

So I'm really thinking it was an evap, faulty test, or false positive. I would highly recommend you hold tight and wait a few more days, and test again if your temps stay up and AF doesn't show up. If AF does show up I wouldn't even call this one a chemical, with only 7 hcg in your blood that is low enough that some labs wouldn't even call that a positive, as some women have 'background' hcg all the time in their blood.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you have the time line right...good job, I know that was confusing!! And yes ITA that it was too early for a bfp but it was a strong pink positive and I took 2 of that brand, I do not have a FRER. There is no way that is an evap. If I wasn't so shaky right now I'd upload the pic.

I took the test in the morning and went for my blood mid afternoon. Did it drop that fast??

I think I will go get more tests. Should I do a FRER or a digital or what? I will show the picture of what I take and hopefully this will make some sense soon. Thank you so much for responding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I'm glad I got it right!

It's up to you, but I would test with a FRER if you still don't have AF symptoms. If you get a big stark BFN on a FRER then it's safe to say the Answer brand ones were faulty.

I've heard mixed reviews and bad results with Answer brand so I stick with FRER's or the Clearblue digital ones that say Pregnant or Not Pregnant. The timeline just doesn't make sense in my mind, there's just no time to get a BFP at 7-8dpo and then have only 7bhcg on a blood test. Blood levels can't drop that fast and it also takes 2-3 days for your urine to reflect on your blood levels.

Good luck, and hang in there!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry to hear this Harley. It's all a very confusing situation it seems - sorry I don't have any insight as I'm not familiar with HCG levels etc. but I just wanted to say sorry as I'm sure you're very confused and frustrated. You've been so good with all my crazy questions, so feel free to PM me anytime if you just want to vent

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    221.jpg

Hopefully this picture attached but the digital was positive as well as an Answer and a generic store brand. Still no FRER to be found in this land.

Any thoughts of why my blood would be a 7??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread just caught my eye. Hope you don't mind me butting in. When did you do the digital and generic tests hun? Where they today. I'm not sure why your hcg was registering so low and I don't want to give you false hope because if af arrives you will be hurt but those tests do look positive to me. You must have at least a hcg of 20 for a digital to say pregnant. Keep us updated hun. Are doctors giving you are reason or explanation for why you've had so many m/c? Have they all been in a row or over the space of you child bearing years?
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And how many days past O am I for goodness sakes?

My OPK was negative in the days leading up to Monday, like completey BLANK, and went back to BLANK on Friday!!

This is one of those pgs, I could never write a "this is my sway" for, because I have NO idea WTH happened!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Harley, I'm really sorry that you're going through this. It's just awful for you. I don't really have any idea why your blood levels would be that low but enable you to get 3 postive hpts. I'm thinking of you and will keep checking in to see how you're getting on.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just did the digi and the others within the last few minutes. So digitals only register a 20? I was hoping it was higher and my hcG was really a 70 but somebody goofed...I just don't know

I had 2 m/c in between the boys, the rest have been since then but a real streak over the last 2 years (including my 12 week old baby in October) which was by far the hardest. I apparently have blood clotting issues but I can never figure out if that is the problem, why I have 4 healthy children. They say levels can flucuate over time so idk.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast