Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help needed

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help needed

Ok. So I saw my OBGYN today to talk to her about my two miscarriages. She said that in SOME women, breastfeeding can cause miscarriages because of the low progesterone. She advises to stop nursing DD and then wait 3 months to TTC. She also said to call her immediately when I get a BFP and she will get me on a progesterone. DD is almost 14 months, but why do I still feel bad weaning her? Am I being selfish about weaning her to have another baby?? Honestly am I?
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No that's not selfish... Lots of mommies ween at 12 months
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would feel bad doing it too! But for the health of your future baby maybe it's necessary?
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be fine hopping right on progesterone. I nursed DS#2 until my milk dried up halfway through my pregnancy with my DD. You shouldn't have to stop.. several women out there are pregnant and breastfeed!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    Ok. So I saw my OBGYN today to talk to her about my two miscarriages. She said that in SOME women, breastfeeding can cause miscarriages because of the low progesterone. She advises to stop nursing DD and then wait 3 months to TTC. She also said to call her immediately when I get a BFP and she will get me on a progesterone. DD is almost 14 months, but why do I still feel bad weaning her? Am I being selfish about weaning her to have another baby?? Honestly am I?
    Honestly, I've never heard of m/c because of b/f'ing. Not that I'm a doctor or anything. I never actually "weaned" either of my bubs, I just kind of let them take charge. My DD lost interest at 18 months and my DS went to 16 months. I don't think you're being selfish, but do consider your DD - does she seem prepared to let go? It can be traumatizing...
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I weaned my son at 8 months because I hadn't had the return of my periods yet and we wanted these last 2 close in age. It worked quickly but I STILL feel very guilty. Obviously your dd is much older but older can equal wiser! Have you thought about cutting back to just 1-2 nursings a day?

Make a pregnancy ticker

Andrew '99, Tyler '01, Slade '11
    summer 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I for sure going to cut it back to nap time and bed and see how she does. If she is having too hard a time then ill know its just to soon. Sometimes TTC can be so complicated.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG no my ds weaned at 11 months i felt like the worst mother in the world as health vistor (stupid jumped up baby weighers we have in uk) said it was cause i was preggie

well ds2 weaned at 11 months was i preggie ah no, doll if you've made a year you've done an amazing job and your daughter has got pretty much all the health benfit from it she's gonna xx
    DS1 2009 DS2 2011

At around fifteen weeks sadly one of our babies became an angel fx for a healthy singleton!

*Update it's a girl! fx she'll make it!*

Thank you atomic praying our dream will come true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had to wean my almost 14 month old a week and a half ago to TTC. I would have kept breastfeeding but have to take DIM and shouldn't breastfeed while on it. It is much harder on me than on him, though. I really wanted to make it to 2 years to get the full benefit but oh well. You have definitely done great and gone longer than most!
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know what?....thats HER opinion. Has she checked your progesterone or measured your cycle by bloodwork? I don't buy it.

I personally wouldn't do it. Your DD will naturally get older and nurse less (maybe at night??? or early mornings could be dropped) but we are really made to nurse and be pregnant. Thats MY opinion. (not an MD ) I understand the need to be pregnant immediately but idk...I put the existing kids first unless there is an urgent pressing need to ttc asap.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast