Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm..Just wondering, does anyone know if Beta blockers sway boy or girl?

I was just thinking back to when I conceived DS in October 2010. Back then my life was so different, I was on Verapamil which is a beta blocker they find prevents migraines. I was on it for at least 6 months and it did raise my prolactin levels back then and I ttc for 10 mos prior to going to a fertility dr and them telling me about my prolactin levels being so high. However, once I told my neurologist all of this, he told me to stop the Verapamil b/c it effects the hypothalamus. I kid you not that about a week and a half later, I ovulated and got preggo. It's amazing how once I stopped that medication, I got preggo right away. Now, just thinking, could the verapamil still have been in my system a week later (being it was built up in my system for so long) and would that have swayed boy? I do know my eating habits were so bad! 4 days a week I had a waffle with maple syrup for breakfast with a glass of fresh squeezed OJ. This was 4 days a week while at work. Then for dinner, I remember living on buffalo chicken pizza! So I do know my diet def played a roll in conceiving a son but just wondering if beta blockers add to this as well. I also was taking Fioricet every month around ovulation time and period time b/c of my horrible migraines. Not sure if all of that made a difference as in a boy sway per se.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping as I had to take Beta Blockers for ten years myself. Since the birth of my son (6 month ago) I don't need them anymore but will probably have to take them again after I will have stopped breastfeeding.

TTC pink HT in 2019

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    beta blockers, on paper, should sway pink by lowering testosterone. But it's really not known how effective lowering testosterone really is for we ladies and none of these things are magic bullets, that's for sure.

painkillers also believed to sway pink
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic.
    2011 - Matthew (who is the light of my life) in 2013 for delivery some time in 2014

Came to this website in September 2013 hoping to sway for a girl as we have none on either side of our families (6 boys total). Diagnosed in January 2014 elevated FSH level and extremely low AFC count. Praying and hoping God blesses me with one more healthy child whether it be another boy or a girl. Praying my RE can help me to achieve my dream of giving my son a sibling some time soon.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic for this answer and for putting so much time and work into this website!!!

TTC pink HT in 2019