Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not new to TTC a girl, but yet to be successful

We began trying to have a girl after our first son. So I've been around certain boards regarding this for over a decade. #2 was a two day cut off with cranberry but didn't try as hard because we had a m/c and I really wanted to be pregnant. #3 was an oops, but 0+12 with vinegar douche after the fact. #4 we went all out with TBM with lime. Said we were done with natural methods and tried IVF/PGD. Resulted in six male embryos (only two ended up "good", but all were male nonetheless) and no females. Heartbreaking and we had such a horrid experience with the clinic we didn't want to do that again. Moved on to foster care. We have cared for five baby girls. We thought we were clearly on our way to adopting our current baby (who we have had since birth and it's now 7+ months later) but a relative has now popped out of the woodwork and most likely we will be losing her. It's like the universe is against us having a daughter!

Out of a need to feel some control over something right now, I am back to looking at natural methods. The diet is intriguing to me, but I can't figure out how I conceived four boys! Ten if you include the embryos! Absolutely nothing swayed boy with my first. My husband and I were both smokers at the time (me a light one and husband more moderate). My eating habits were exactly of those who conceived girls. Very sporadic, no breakfast, worked at a pizza place so had crappy food when I ate (I suppose salt here) and very rarely had red meat. I don't think I was losing weight, but I'm naturally thin to begin with so not much to lose. I probably ate better with the other three, didn't smoke (dh had stopped also) and I am a healthy eater for the most part, but don't eat large amounts of food. Only boy things are I like salt and very rarely have artificial sweeteners.

How much could it be my husband's fault? Neither of us have a boy heavy family. If anything, girls rule as about 2/3 are girls. Dh does have two bros and a sis, but they have produced 5 girls and 2 boys. FIL only had three sisters and MIL a sis and a bro. Definitely no male dominance on my side. My cousins for example have produced 6 girls and 2 boys. I just can't figure it out.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your patience, I've literally tried to respond to this post 10 times!

Hi and welcome, I'm sorry it took me a few days to get back to you.

The thing about swaying is, it's NOT any of these things that actually sway in and of themselves, it's the effect they have on your body. Declining vs. improving maternal condition - if you are in good health, some of us are just able to throw off poor diet and smoking, etc. and keep right on having boys even tho we "should" have girls. It doesn't mean that the diet doesn't work and even that it can't work for you in the future, just that the cards didn't go your way. Luck has a HUGE part to play.

You can drive yourself crazy analyzing what you did in the past and why didn't this or that work, but the fact is that people who do nothing to sway, have long runs of one gender and then long runs of the other. If you look at Michelle Duggar, she had like 5 or 6 boys and then had 5 or 6 girls all in a row - she wasn't swaying and prob. wasn't doing a thing differently, it was just that age and time altered her condition/body chemistry in some way that made things happen differently. My greatgrandma had 6 girls in a row then 2 boys without swaying - it happens.

Men make 50-50 X and Y sperm and you can read about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sway...x-y-sperm.html

I do not believe gender runs in families at all - it doesn't make "sense" for our genes to produce more of one than the other, because the family who makes only boys, would end up as a genetic dead end in times of war - all/most of their offspring could be killed off. It just isn't "smart" for our genes to put all their eggs in one basket that way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ