Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How do you get enough calories?

Hi girls!
    I have found a way to have two meals that make me go through the day ok, but I have way too few calories - like under 800. How do you increase the calories without getting too much fat and/or protein?
    Do you eat candies? One option I have tried is having fruit with sour cream (!) on. The Sour cream has quite few grams of protein and lots of calories...
    Have a nice day out there

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mind me asking what's been so helpful? Where in the fat and protein grams marker are you? I'm sure we can brain storm foods to get you up to quota w/o going over what you are eating already pro/fat wise.

This is where you should be on the LE diet:

Calories - 1500-1800
    Protein - around 40-50 grams
    Fat - between 25-60 grams of fat depending on caloric intake, 20-30% of cals from fat
    Sodium - 700-1000 mg

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarajoy View Post
    Mind me asking what's been so helpful? Where in the fat and protein grams marker are you? I'm sure we can brain storm foods to get you up to quota w/o going over what you are eating already pro/fat wise.

This is where you should be on the LE diet:

Calories - 1500-1800
    Protein - around 40-50 grams
    Fat - between 25-60 grams of fat depending on caloric intake, 20-30% of cals from fat
    Sodium - 700-1000 mg
    Thanks ! I am sticking to %fat and the other recommendations in Atomic's essay. The lunch meal is noodles 60 gram, chicken 100 grams and boiled leeds. Dinner : homemade IG bread toasted with butter on to get some fat. Have had some marshmellows when my head spins in the afternoon.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eating meat means it is hard not to go over on protein and get enough calories. Most of us go completely vege and get protein form salt free bread and pasta. I have one salad meal with low fat philli and rice cakes or thin slices of cheddar and matzo, fruit and a treat (crisps, biscuits or chocolate) and for dinner vege pasta, cous cous or rice. I usually have to eat some sweets or have a glass of cava to up the calories (oh the hardship) you really need to get enough calories otherwise you might lose too much too quickly. I know because I did
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Prepsina, you desperately need some potassium!! Get some fruit or veg in your diet immediately.

The drawbacks of meat, just as Emily said, is that it is a lot of protein for very few cals. So you have to work hard to get enough nutrients.

Full sugar pop and sweets are ok, I think you should make an effort to include more produce in your diet. Fruit and high carb sweet and starch vegetables are also high cals and you don't need to count protein and fat in them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Prepsina, you desperately need some potassium!! Get some fruit or veg in your diet immediately.

The drawbacks of meat, just as Emily said, is that it is a lot of protein for very few cals. So you have to work hard to get enough nutrients.

Full sugar pop and sweets are ok, I think you should make an effort to include more produce in your diet. Fruit and high carb sweet and starch vegetables are also high cals and you don't need to count protein and fat in them.
    Thanks so much for your answer! I am quite worried about the potassium and went to get coconut water, but it is still not enough. So I get the potassium from fruit and veg? But there are so few vegetables that are "ok", as far as I understand. I have some every day. As well as a pear and and apple each day.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dairy is another good source of potassium and it's actually in most foods, but doesn't have to be listed on the label.

All vegetables and fruits are ok. Low carb vegetables are unlimited, you can have as much as you want without having to count anything. Count only calories in fruit and higher carb (sweet and starchy) vegetables. In peas and beans, count protein and cals but not fat (they have none).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ