Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Compressed FR advice!

My Ov timing and AF has changed from being very regular to very irregular over the last couple of months - putting this down to supps, diet and stress.

We're desperate to ttc this month but without knowing when I'm going to Ov it's impossible to do FR - which we did last month. So I've been reading up on Compressed FR. Please could someone help explain the best way to make this work. From what I understand this works with either one attempt or several attempts - After dumping first release and making attempt next time. Still a bit unsure about the timings and how many times do we BD if we do a few attempts after I get my first +opk. Feel nervous about just BD once, as we want to get our BFP ASAP.

Thank you so much for any help or advice.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We dtd on Sunday afternoon with a condom for the first go around, then dtd right after that again. Monday was a repeat just like that at about 10 pm....and I tested and got a ++ OPK the following morning at 5 am, when we dtd again. It only takes one cycle as my ticker is showing.....now in 13 or so weeks it will be if that sway worked.

It was so different that our bd pattern with the boys and with minimal cm and swimmers...that I have to hope!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So good to hear that this method worked for you, congratulations!! Did you choose this method because your ov was irregular? Thank you for replying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will answer from desktop computer
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryapple View Post
    So good to hear that this method worked for you, congratulations!! Did you choose this method because your ov was irregular? Thank you for replying
    I went this route for several reasons:

1) Dh has poor morphology, we have had multiple m/cs, getting closer to 35, so going the route of abstain with one attempt might have left us with more irregular swimmers.

2) Our 2 boys were conceived with mulitple bds from cd 10-18....so I most likely conceived them with lots of swimmers right on O.

3) We both felt that a bfp sooner than later would be better in terms of my work situation.....and that if we kept the volume down, but quality of swimmers there, we might have a chance.

4)I was tracking my Ov. through OPK's...and relatively regular! I could have done 1 attempt at OPK and suspect that would have worked, but this made Dh happy.

Good luck!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

After being told at 18 weeks, the prayed and swayed for "lady"bug is in my belly. Our Christmas gift comes with some health challenges, but I know that we are strong family and will celebrate her!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I will answer from desktop computer
    Brilliant, thanks Atomic - I'm really interested to hear your view on this method.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by I Love Ladybugs View Post
    I went this route for several reasons:

1) Dh has poor morphology, we have had multiple m/cs, getting closer to 35, so going the route of abstain with one attempt might have left us with more irregular swimmers.

2) Our 2 boys were conceived with mulitple bds from cd 10-18....so I most likely conceived them with lots of swimmers right on O.

3) We both felt that a bfp sooner than later would be better in terms of my work situation.....and that if we kept the volume down, but quality of swimmers there, we might have a chance.

4)I was tracking my Ov. through OPK's...and relatively regular! I could have done 1 attempt at OPK and suspect that would have worked, but this made Dh happy.

Good luck!!!
    Thank you so much 'I Love Ladybugs' what a great reply. You have made some great points, especially about the quality of the swimmers. I really appriciate you taking the time to write to me - thank you again.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Idk but this is my plan

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are welcome strawberryapple....wishing you the best with your sway!!!!
    '06 '06 '07
    2008 2010 '12 2013

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok before I describe compressed FR I am going to do what I♥L did and tell you why I DIDN'T do that and what I did instead and why I think this can be a good option for people.

First of all, I do not think frequency sways by much. It is certainly not deserving of the stress it causes. Maybe in a group of 1000 couples doing nothing else to sway, it might make some difference but in a bigger sway, I think any difference it might make just gets lost in the rest of the stuff. It's like saying you're gonna walk to work and then calling in a cab as backup in case your legs get tired. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

Secondly, my husband wouldn't sway. And even if you do have a husband who is willing to sway, I personally think it's way way way better to focus his energies on doing the things that really count for your sway, and not "burn" his goodwill up on something that really doesn't matter much at all. Some husbands have gotten so fed up with swaying that they've not only refused to help swaying, they've refused to TTC at all. My husband was barely on board with TTC, some days he'd change his mind and it was only because we both thought I wasn't actually going to get pg that he even went along with it as much as he did - I counted my blessings when he was willing to actually complete the transaction LOL.

Thirdly, I needed to get pg like THAT month. My cutoff for TTC was Dec. 8 and I ovulated in late November.

SO, what I ended up doing was just DTD whenever my husband was willing. We had a busy month that month and it ended up being every 5 days or so, which is kind of a boy-friendly frequency pattern (remember though, frequency really doesn't sway much in the big picture) and then God smiled upon me and it all worked out so I happened to have one attempt, the night before I ovulated. So my prev. attempt had been 5 days before and those sperm had all died off leaving just the one attempt.

I am beginning to think that once peopel have given abstain/FR a shot, rather than keeping frequency and adding attempts, maybe y'all might be better off dropping frequency and sticking with one attempt, just to see what happens. I think it's still a good overall sway tactic (one attempt has better results than either abstain or FR) and it's easier with better odds of conception.

So that is what my advice is for anyone with an irregular cycle - just BD every 4 days and try to time it so you have only one attempt in your fertile window of O-3 thru O day, whenever that may be. If it works out for you that it's O-1 or 2, that's great odds of conception and timing doesn't sway anyway. If it's O-3, you might want to have another attempt O day, both are lower odds of conception, or you might just want to stick with the O-3 attempt.

Now then.

Compressed FR = 2-3 releases per day for 2-3 days before your attempt, these releasss can be 8-12 hours apart. If going with 2 days before attempt, better to have three releases; if 3 days, you can go with 2 releases. On the day of your attempt make sure he has one release in the morning and then have your attempt using teh 2nd batch.

Hurry up FR - 2 releases back to back within 6 hours, within 3 is best. Dump the first release, use only the second for your attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast