Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused FOOD QUESTIONS....

I was just wondering if corn meal is allowed on the girl diet. I know corn is is allowed...but if i do corn meal as a porridge in the morning is that ok?

Also I read somewhere that spaghetti squash is allowed but then I heard somewhere that it's high in pottasium??

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Regarding spachetti squash, it is very high in Potassium so it's only okay once in a while as long as the rest of your intake is low for the day (just my 2 cents, for what it's worth...). Not sure on the corn meal. Best of luck on your sway, Mama!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think UmaJain is right about Spaghetti Squash being high in potassium, but like she said I would def try to make up for it he rest of the day.

I was also wondering if Elk meat would be considered ok to eat like the lamb?!? I have some in my freezer from my dads hunting trips and I would like to use it up before I go out and my ground lamb to put in pasta for my DH. ( I don't eat Elk meat!!!! gaaaag me ) Any info would be appreciated!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't eat any meat, elk, lamb, or chicken (although I know that they are ok on other sites/diets).

Spag. squash is ok now and then but like the PP said, if you are a big believer in minerals, you will want to watch your amounts. If you aren't as concerned over the minerals, I think Spag. Squash is great for pink because it's lower protein and lower cal than actual pasta is.

Cornmeal is not a traditional girl diet food, it does have some sodium and potassium (not a lot though) but it is acidic. I think cornmeal is ok now and then in moderation. Sweetened with aspartame and with some unsalted butter, it might be a nice change of pace.

I do think it's best to skip breakfast all together for pink.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I thought! Thanks AS!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm....how often would corn meal be ok. I actually usually add a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and lots of milk to make it thinner and milk is good right

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I would say once or twice a week on days when you're not getting a lot of cals/potassium from other sources.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ