Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Concerned...

Ok, so I have been on the LE diet 3-4 weeks, and have lost 7.5 lbs. The thing is, I am 5'7" and started out at 125.8 lb. I'm currently 118.2...BMI of 18.5, the lowest BMI considered to be normal. When I dropped to 121.6 in 2 weeks, I increased my calories so I would stop losing...well, I'm still losing, although more slowly now. I don't have my cycle back (got it back at 12.5m & 14.5m with DS1 & DS), but was getting lots of cm (& spotting). My cm has really dried up since losing weight. I am still bf my almost 1-yr-old, but am starting the process of weaning. I know that my calorie burn will slow down once I start weaning, so that will help me keep weight on. My concern is that I weigh too little now to get my cycle back in a reasonable amount of time. Also, I am 36 & DH is 38. We don't have much time to waste.

Interestingly, I looked up some info on BMI & ovulation, and most of the women I read about who got pg with a lower BMI had girls! This is encouraging, but I am concerned I have already lost too much weight.

Should I stay on the diet as is, or are there parts of it I can fudge on that won't sway blue? I can't really do too much sugar, because I have PCOS.

AAAH, what to do? Anyone else have experience with this? Atomic, advice?
    Mommy to 4 precious little boys, would love a , but more also welcome!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016
    It's a ! My little miracle from God!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will answer from desktop computer tomorrow but sending hugs...EAT a vegetarian pizza tonight!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick note...I conceived all of my boys at 124.5 lbs. Wondering if even just 2-3 lbs less than that might be my magic girl weight. Hmmm...

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried it, but lost too much weight. My normal BMI is between 16.5-17, and I don't ovulate below a certain weight (105lbs at 5'6"), and even at that, I ovulate, but had a luteal phase defect. My doc thought if I gained more weight it would help me get pregnant without needing fertility meds, but who knows. Any way, every woman is different so there is no way of really knowing how the lower weight will affect your cycle. Personally, I'd skip the diet & use protection until your cycle comes back, then you know for sure if it's the diet and lost weight that's holding it up, or just that you're still BF. Then once it returns, kick it into gear and hopefully you won't have to be dieting long. You may be dieting forever waiting to be fertile again... Oh, and I've had below normal BMI when I conceived both my BOYS, haha...wish that theory was true for all! Good luck!
    #1 (2009) #2 (2011) ...... EDC December 2013
    for but with be happy with another little too
    It's going to be a long 9 months waiting! Not going to find out gender!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the advice, amk. I am tempted to stick with the diet (I'm actually not doing it hardcore anyway) till I get to 14 m postpartum (the latest af has returned with my other two), assuming it doesn't return before then...but I don't want to lose anymore weight! Did you end up gaining before you got pg with #3? Or did you just use fertility meds? It crossed my mind that maybe I could do clomid if I don't get it back soon, but the thought of twins scares me...I'm 36 so my chances are higher anyway. Ugh.

We'll see...I think even if I keep upping calories till I gain back a few pounds, or at the very least maintain, my diet has changed so drastically that maybe it will sway pink for me anyway.

I know that empty carbs are good for swaying pink, but right now I am really reducing the amount of sugar I was eating. I have PCOS, and I've always wondered if my diet causes or at the least exaggerates it. I'm going more the semi-vegetarian route (very occasional meat), with way more veggies than I used to eat, and also a lot less sugar. I also was a breakfast cereal junkie...cutting way back on that, too, and delaying breakfast till I am really hungry for it, and eating waaay fewer calories in the morning than I used to.

Funny, I read somewhere on this site that people generally don't have a problem meeting their protein guidelines, but sometimes do with fat. I am the opposite. Almost always am higher in fat, but lower on protein. Anyway, I think I'm just trying to find ways to up calories without extra sugar, but without swaying blue.

Thanks for your thoughts!

(July 2007)

(August 2009)

(May 2012)

(February 2014)

Due January 2016

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't gain weight. I took a month of clomid and a month of Fremera-got pregnant on the Fremera. It's starting to show that it's more effective in getting you pregnant than clomid, so I think will be used more as first line agent soon. Although, it doesn't sway at all. I know another in my group that just got pregnant in her first round of Fremera after months of failed clomid cycles. Although, if AF has not returned, that wouldn't be a reason to take fertility drugs at all unless they were needed in the past. Hopefully will be back soon for you! Sounds like your on the right track!
    #1 (2009) #2 (2011) ...... EDC December 2013
    for but with be happy with another little too
    It's going to be a long 9 months waiting! Not going to find out gender!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eventually, your metabolism does adjust and the weight stops coming off, but I think you need to up cals. Whole grains and higher carb veg instead of sugar and eat the upper limit of fat - the fat will really help keep the cycle going (or restart) even at a lower weight.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara is great, it is better for conception than Clomid and better for older moms, BUT I do not believe it sways (which is why it's easier to get pg using it)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re second post YES with PCOS I woudl shy away from the empty carbs unless the weight just keeps flying off. the good news is, the slimmer you are, your insulin resistance will improve and you may be able to include the empty carbs at least a little bit as a brake on the weight loss.

I believe that the diet does sway even if you do not lose weight (or have lost in the past and have now plateaued).

I had the same prob as you did. I had trouble getting enough protein, I was fine on everything else. I ate butter and mayo. That is GOOD for your scenario though because fat can help keep you ovulating even if you have lost a fair bit of weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast