Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey swish - maybe we can be TTC buddies! Do you think it's ok to eat some no-no things if I have room in my sodium and calorie budget to eat them? For example, I love basil pesto. I know the store-bought type has lots of sodium, but I was able to have a two servings of pasta mixed with a full serving of pesto with two servings of parmesan on top, and still keep under 1000 mg of sodium for the day. Bad idea? I just think I have more chance of staying on this awful diet if I can still eat some of my favourite things.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi girls, glad to hear others are still struggling to create their ideal diet. I know I can't go on the way I have. I am adding a bit more sugar into my diet to make it through the day. I have been eating really girl friendly (aside from a few cheats on week 1!) but I think the breastfeeding is just making me so hungry! But I find if I allow myself a little sugar here and there, I can stay away from the major no-nos like red meat, potatoes, tomatoes, salt, etc. Hopefully this will help slow my weight loss too so I can keep losing until I finally TTC. Hoping to TTC in late June but kinda hoping to get pg in July for other reasons so we'll see.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    Hey swish - maybe we can be TTC buddies! Do you think it's ok to eat some no-no things if I have room in my sodium and calorie budget to eat them? For example, I love basil pesto. I know the store-bought type has lots of sodium, but I was able to have a two servings of pasta mixed with a full serving of pesto with two servings of parmesan on top, and still keep under 1000 mg of sodium for the day. Bad idea? I just think I have more chance of staying on this awful diet if I can still eat some of my favourite things.
    Mochagirl/swish - I will also be TTC mid-June (should hopefully O around 6/23 unless something changes)! We should start a June attempt thread! We are TTC #1.
    Expecting #1 in April 2012! It's a !

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definately mocha, let's be ttc buddies, we need all the support we can get! Hollyberry, great idea about starting a new thread. I'm trying to be relaxed about the diet as I think there's more chance of sticking to it and less stress! I'm not sure about the pesto, only because of all the olive oil which is a big no, no as it has lots of good things for you, maybe if you made it yourself with a little corn oil? I think basil might be really good for you. Have you guys checked out the thread in he dream members bit that AS has just written, it's really useful.

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tweedle, i'm really impressed you can even attempt the diet whilst breastfeeding, I am constantly hungry when feeding.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ARe you getting enough potassium?? Remember, you need 2500-3500 mg of potassium a day for your health - you don't want your heart to be twitching like your eye!!
    I think I'm not getting enough potassium, so I have upped it slightly since I do cardio 6-7 days a week for 60mins. or more. My Vertigo ended up getting waaaay worse the the next day after my first post about this, my poor DH was freaked out when I couldn't get out of bed until noon for two days because of the vertigo. I also dropped the artificial sweetner until the last few days before O. I went to the Chiropractor and that helped too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies - I was happy to find this thread. I started the diet about a week ago, and I'm feeling the dizziness, weakness and headaches too. I've also become the grumpy mom from Hell to my poor little boys. I'm not having trouble with skipping breakfast, though I do drink coffee in the morning (I know - naughty), which helps. What I find hard is not snacking in the late afternoon and early evening. I'm eating more fruit than I should (mostly strawberries, raspberries and green grapes) to keep myself from eating worse things, but I'm still keeping well under the calorie maximum - is that ok? I'm also finding that the only way I can keep my sanity is to limit sodium almost entirely during the day so I can have a tastier dinner to look forward to.

I'd better get pregnant on our first try (which should be around mid-June), because there's NO WAY I can do this diet for more than 6 weeks!
    For sure check out my "Low-Everything" diet thread in the Dream members section.

I am TOTALLY on board with the idea of little changes that make it easier to stick to the big things. Strawberries, raspberries, grapes, all superfine as long as you are under the calories for the day. Even the sodium thing, if you are under the limit all day long and you have a bit extra at dinner, that's fine (and may even be BETTER than small amounts all day long, because you will pee out at least some of it.)

I would rather you didn't snack because of the blood glucose stuff, BUT it's probably only of critical import for a few days before O and then the 2 WW. If snacking here and there helps you stick to most of the diet, carry on.

I feel ya about the getting pg quickly, that is one thing I really believe with all my heart. Better to let go of some things that really don't seem to sway that much (timing) so you don't have to stick with the dang diet, which really has been proved to make a difference.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh, it's not great. Honestly I think low sodium, low fat marinara would be better than pesto because of the healthy fats in the olive oil. BUT it would be low protein (if it's the kind without pine nuts anyway) and I think low-protein is good too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tweedledeedum View Post
    Hi girls, glad to hear others are still struggling to create their ideal diet. I know I can't go on the way I have. I am adding a bit more sugar into my diet to make it through the day. I have been eating really girl friendly (aside from a few cheats on week 1!) but I think the breastfeeding is just making me so hungry! But I find if I allow myself a little sugar here and there, I can stay away from the major no-nos like red meat, potatoes, tomatoes, salt, etc. Hopefully this will help slow my weight loss too so I can keep losing until I finally TTC. Hoping to TTC in late June but kinda hoping to get pg in July for other reasons so we'll see.
    I do think breastfeeding can complicate dieting because you do just get so darn hungry. Sounds like you are doing well at doing the doable, remember the weight loss sways no matter what you're eating and the breastfeeding may be working in your favor!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pastelpicnic View Post
    I think I'm not getting enough potassium, so I have upped it slightly since I do cardio 6-7 days a week for 60mins. or more. My Vertigo ended up getting waaaay worse the the next day after my first post about this, my poor DH was freaked out when I couldn't get out of bed until noon for two days because of the vertigo. I also dropped the artificial sweetner until the last few days before O. I went to the Chiropractor and that helped too.
    I am really glad you upped your potassium some! I've had vertigo before and it is SCARY. I hope you're doing better. You can prob. get away with a bit more food since you're exercising that much. GL.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast