Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Rephresh Question.......

Atomic or anyone........last months attempt failed. I used Rephresh, which worked great to keep pH down... BUT, 30 min after DTD I checked pH and it was 5.5-6 so I used just a tiny bit more Rephresh to get it back down. Im thinking maybe this was overkill and thats why my attempt failed, I dont know. So my question is....how much importance do I put on the COMBINED pH, and should I maybe have given it a little longer to see if it would go down or was that long enough for it to react? If that is too high, do you have any suggestions on how I can lower it?

I was only using Rephresh and Zyrtec with abstinance for my sway (ended up with 1-1.5 day cutoff), so I didnt think I was doing TOO much! Any suggestions for this months attempt??
    2000, 2006, July 2011.... hard for a to bless our family!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I canīt answer your question but I just wanted to say that I think perhaps you did conceive, since you had the implantation bleeding. Then maybe, as happens so oft, something didnīt develop well and it ended in AF without a particular reason, and this happens very often without people even noticing (especially when theyīre not swaying or TTC and testing early). So maybe your attempt was just fine (itīs sounds perfect to me!)
    6 3
    swayed for a

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    even if you're fully fertile you still only have a 25% chance of conceiving each month on average, and swaying girl reduces those odds further. there might not be anything wrong with your sway, it just might take more time

do you know if your sample that you got the pH from was 100% CM or could you have collected a semen sample from the inside?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Indira~ I thought about the same thing, but dont really want to admit it out loud or to myself. Yesterday when AF started, it was heavy right off the bat and I didnt have normal cramps, it was more pain from around my back and on my sides. I had really gotten my hopes up last week when I had the spotting that day, so Im extremely upset about it. And thank you, I thought my sway went really well but now Im second guessing myself about this month because I dont know if it was something I did or just something went wrong naturally.

Rainbow~Im not sure, it couldve very well been more semen on the test strip. TMI, but it was so wet from semen in there it was hard to tell!!! Lol

Have you guys tried to check your pH after an attempt? How did you do it to make sure you were checking the right pH without it being more semen? The rephresh is supposed to lower the pH of everything it contacts so I dont know if maybe I didnt give it long enough to react.....or if I even did or did not kill all my swimmers with the extra rephresh! Ugh its just frustrating not knowing if it was something to do with my sway or not!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Iīm sorry, canīt help you with the Rephresh, I bought it but didnīt use it yet. Since my pH has always between 4-4.8 untill now maybe I wonīt use it.
    Maybe when AF is finished you could experiment the effect of Rephresh and pH after BD before your actual attempt will arrive and see if pH after a couple of hours getīs back down ?
    6 3
    swayed for a

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic.....if youre out there, I would really love to hear what you think!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by praying4princess View Post
    Atomic or anyone........last months attempt failed. I used Rephresh, which worked great to keep pH down... BUT, 30 min after DTD I checked pH and it was 5.5-6 so I used just a tiny bit more Rephresh to get it back down. Im thinking maybe this was overkill and thats why my attempt failed, I dont know. So my question is....how much importance do I put on the COMBINED pH, and should I maybe have given it a little longer to see if it would go down or was that long enough for it to react? If that is too high, do you have any suggestions on how I can lower it?

I was only using Rephresh and Zyrtec with abstinance for my sway (ended up with 1-1.5 day cutoff), so I didnt think I was doing TOO much! Any suggestions for this months attempt??
    Two possibities come to mind - yes, it very well could have been overkill when you added more RepHresh, esp combined with abstinence, cutoff, and Zyrtec. It almost certainly takes at least some time for the RepHresh to work and you just need to trust that it will work and not get too uptight about the actual pH at any given point. pH of 5.5-6 isn't bad pH at all. Normal combined pH (without swaying) is in the 7's so you def. were lowering your pH considerably.

The other possibility is that it just wasn't your month - it happens to people even when they are not doing anything to sway. With two of my boys I was TTC, not swaying or doing anything weird at all and it still took me 2 months to get pg with them, whereas with my two oopsie babies (one of which was a superlong cutoff and the other I was swaying with!!) I got pg with just one attempt!! I really think some months it just isn't meant to be.

Good luck!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ