Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone not tracking PH?

I have to buy a meter, but I just don't want to spend the money. Is anyone not tracking their PH and just hoping for the best?
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought about not using a ph meter but ended up getting one. It seems that most people who go from a boy-friendly diet to a girl-friendly diet have a harder time controlling their ph. Nearly all of the failed sways I saw on IG were people who didn't check their ph and just did the diet/supps/vita/herbs.

My own testing... ph was extremely boy friendly in Jan. After starting the supps/vita/herbs I noticed a 2 point drop in the first few weeks and then another 1 point drop by the start of Feb. After slowly starting the girl diet over the last 6 wks I have notice a slow change but still on average 5.5. If I had not been testing I would have started TTC based on the way my body felt, weight loss, and thinking everything was working right. But in the last month I have added rephresh and repleans and now my ph has stayed low. I will see in a week if it is still low.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; May 4th, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I thought about not using a ph meter but ended up getting one. It seems that most people who go from a boy-friendly diet to a girl-friendly diet have a harder time controlling their ph. Nearly all of the failed sways I saw on IG were people who did check their ph and just did the diet/supps/vita/herbs.

My own testing... ph was extremely boy friendly in Jan. After starting the supps/vita/herbs I noticed a 2 point drop in the first few weeks and then another 1 point drop by the start of Feb. After slowly starting the girl diet over the last 6 wks I have notice a slow change but still on average 5.5. If I had not been testing I would have started TTC based on the way my body felt, weight loss, and thinking everything was working right. But in the last month I have added rephresh and repleans and now my ph has stayed low. I will see in a week if it is still low.
    So the ones that failed DID test their PH or DID'NT? I just wanted to be clear.

I don't want to do anything extreme to lower my pH so i guess that is why I figure I should save my money. I have spend so much on this sway, I am feeling really guilty about the non stop spending.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    You could just buy the strips. I bought the monitor and it didn't work properly they sent me another one and had the same problem. I found it all really stressful and time consuming. I felt like it wasn't for me and binned the whole lot id spent a fortune on solutions etc. Now I use the strips and am much happier a lot less money and fuss.

Im not swaying loads though so it depends how exact you want to be.

x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DIDN'T.... wasn't feeling good at the time so I didn't check my wording.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We decided on the digital because we do gardening and are thinking of getting fish for the kids... The one we got is for pools, gardens, and fish tanks. I had also planned on testing months in advance Jan-June and then TTC in July-P. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on test strips. I could get lucky and conceive in the first few months or it could take longer but since I bought digital I wont be spending extra money if it takes longer to conceive.

Digital can be sold later on to another mom here or to someone who needs one for other reasons... I spend $50 for the meter and if I sold it I would ask $30-$40.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Coccinelle33
    I was testing mine like once a week with ph testing stripes. It always seemed to stay around 4 until we had sex and then it would go up to a 7 which im guessing was a combined ph? Im not sure what that's supposed to be though? I would also check the ph of douches.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twosweetlads View Post
    Hi,
    You could just buy the strips. I bought the monitor and it didn't work properly they sent me another one and had the same problem. I found it all really stressful and time consuming. I felt like it wasn't for me and binned the whole lot id spent a fortune on solutions etc. Now I use the strips and am much happier a lot less money and fuss.

Im not swaying loads though so it depends how exact you want to be.

x
    The strips don't work for me

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommy*duke View Post
    I was testing mine like once a week with ph testing stripes. It always seemed to stay around 4 until we had sex and then it would go up to a 7 which im guessing was a combined ph? Im not sure what that's supposed to be though? I would also check the ph of douches.
    Have you tried rephresh or repleans? repleans w/ hubbies sperm did go up but I haven't tried rephresh yet I am getting more today at the store to test it on hubby.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I thought about not using a ph meter but ended up getting one. It seems that most people who go from a boy-friendly diet to a girl-friendly diet have a harder time controlling their ph. Nearly all of the failed sways I saw on IG were people who didn't check their ph and just did the diet/supps/vita/herbs.

See I have a different experience on this, because the people that I knew who didn't check their pH were the same ones who WEREN'T doing diet. Almost all the failed sways that I recall (and this is NOT MEANT to pick apart anyone's sway) were people who were like, diet is too hard and so I'm just going to do timing and supps OR people who started off doing way way too much and didn't get pg for several months and then got desperate and started dropping stuff, usually diet first and a lot of them stopped checking pH because they went for so long they actually ran out of strips. So in my (limited) experience people who are not checking pH are also not doing diet, so it's hard to say why exactly their sway went south.

I ~personally~ see a lot of advantages to not checking pH. I think a lot of us who are boy moms tend to get a little obsessive over tackling projects and enjoy feeling in control of things, so having something like pH strips that we can check and tally and think about all the time and that has a very big potential to raise testosterone.

I found that my pH dropped from 6 to 4.5 in just a couple weeks by doing nothing other than losing weight and it stayed there for months afterwards. But I conceived a boy anyway!!!

ETA - I jsut wanted to clarify that I think it's a coincidence that people who weren't checking pH had opposites. It's that the people who are doing less to sway (in terms of diet, etc) are also the ones who don't check their pH, so it may very well be that the pH is irrelevant and it's because they are not doing the diet 100% that matters.

I think it's FINE not to check pH and in fact I see benefits to it, for keeping testosterone levels down.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 8th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast