Thread: 1

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Juniebjones; December 13th, 2016 at 01:40 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you sweat out salt I've never ever heard of that. I would still stick to the recommended sodium intake but that's just me.
    Nov 09 Jan 11
    Hoping to add some pink to this house soon!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry jjc3434 but I am not sure about that one, it makes sense though. What is the recommended amount on the girl diet do you know?

I just read your tagline at the bottom about loving salt...I hear you there, that is my biggest struggle, I can give up most things but salt is proving very difficult

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    Question if you are doing 60-70 minutes of cardio 6-7 times a week, aren't you sweating out a lot of salt? If this is the case could you maybe eat a little more sodium (say like 1100 to 1200 mg) a day?
    Very good thought jjc3434! Yes you do lose sodium when you exercise. Think you really need to be exercising and sweating excessively. But that may be another reason why cardio sways pink -ais it reduces sodium levels.

brand new. Successful girl sway. Thankyou so very much Atomic for all your wonderful advice.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You absolutely lose sodium through sweat! A ton! Here's a great link about it: http://www.healthline.com/hlbook/nut...oss-and-intake

For what it is worth I am a mom to two girls, and trained for marathons before TTC each one. I was running about 60 miles a week (mostly outdoors in warm weather, sweating buckets) and I ate a TON of salt. Like, I would add salt to canned soup! My friends made fun of me because I would salt chips before eating them.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What an interesting article!

The article suggests that huge amounts of sodium are lost, so I wonder Begonia if even the extra salt you were eating was still not enough to put you in the high salt category with all of your training.

It would make sense then that the mothers doing tonnes of exercise and sweating heaps could be swaying girl without trying, I better get my running shoes on. lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AWESOME thread! Yes, I totally agree that this is yet another reason why exercise might sway.

I am not 100% convinced that sodium sways, I know of many people like Begonia who ate ample amounts of salt and still have girls and I highly doubt that of the 3 billion baby girls on the planet, all their moms were eating very little salt prior to conceiving them! But that does make sense about losing sodium through sweat - maybe that's another reason why more girls are born around the Equator??

BUT that having been said, since sodium intake is one thing on which both the French Gender Diets and the Oxford "You Are What Your Mother Eats" study (the breakfast cereal one) agree, I think it's best for now to keep sodium intake at 700-1000 mg. If you're sweating a lot, you will prob. have to up that a bit as JJ suggests because it can actually be dangerous to have too little sodium in your body as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    do i have to increase my sodium ?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. This is a post from 2011. We have subsequently seen more than adequate evidence to show that sodium levels DO NOT sway. In our results, people who kept doing the sky high sodium levels for blue got more girls, not boys. And among pink swayers, virtually everyone gave up the sodium stuff many years ago and our results did nothing but improve after that point. Most people of subSaharan African descent actually have a gene that causes them to retain higher than normal levels of sodium, and statistically they have more girls than any other genetic group.

In fact, our bodies simply excrete or retain sodium to keep the levels in our body the same, regardless of what we're eating. We had people who did blood tests before and after swaying and their levels of things they were limiting went up because their bodies started hanging onto every bit of it, and people eating a lot of something saw their levels go down because they were getting so much. In every case, their blood levels remained in normal range.

It doesn't work and may actually hurt your chances
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ