Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could this bread recipe be adapted for the girl diet??

I have found this easy recipe and you don't need a bread maker! Could it be adapted to the girl diet? For example what does the salt actually do i.e. could just you leave it out? Also is honey, and sunflower/pumpkin seeds ok on the girl diet? I think sesame seeds are ok so I guess you could use these instead of the other seeds? Could you just use entirely white flour and leave out the wholemeal flour ( I think wholemeal is not ok for the girl diet)? The bread on in-gender uses half normal white flour and half organic flour. What would be the point of using organic flour? Lastly if honey is not ok could you replace it with splenda and maybe add in more water to get the mix correct?? This looks like a really easy recipe so it would be great if it could be adapted to the girl diet and then that means I won't need to buy bread maker? thanks heaps

A lot of people are put off making bread because they think of it as a time consuming exercise. If you fall into that camp then give this super quick bread a whirl. It’s a simple one mix dough that you don’t have to let rise because it rises in the oven during the first stage of low temperature cooking. Makes 2 loaves.
    Ingredients
    2 cups boiling water
    4 tsp honey
    2 cups cold water
    7 tsp dry yeast granules
    2¾ cups high-grade white flour
    2¾ cups wholemeal flour
    3 tsp salt
    2 cups sunflower seeds
    4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
    Measurement Conversion Calculator

Method
    Preheat oven to just 80ºC and grease and line two 25 x 10cm loaf tins with baking paper.
    In a large bowl, mix the boiling water with the honey to dissolve. Add the cold water and yeast and put to one side for 10 minutes.
    Whisk the yeast mixture then add white and wholemeal flour, salt and sunflower seeds and mix with a large spoon until evenly combined. (The mixture will be a very loose, wet batter.)
    Divide mixture between prepared loaf tins, spread evenly and flatten the top. Sprinkle 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds over the top of each loaf and, run a sharp knife through the top of each loaf in at least 3 or 4 places so it rises evenly without splitting.
    Bake for 20 minutes at 80ºC and then turn up the oven to 210˚C and bake for a further 30-40 minutes. When cooked, the loaves will sound hollow when tapped. Turn out of the tins while still hot and leave to cool. This bread stays fresh for several days and toasts well.
    Last edited by jude17; May 4th, 2011 at 06:49 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeast needs salt to rise, so you can´t leavethe salt out entirely, but you could experiment a little putting less salt in and see if it still rises, leaving it more time to rise. The idea of splenda and water instead of honey sounds good! I´m very curious to hear if it tasts good if you try to make it!
    6 3
    swayed for a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Indira View Post
    Yeast needs salt to rise, so you can´t leavethe salt out entirely, but you could experiment a little putting less salt in and see if it still rises, leaving it more time to rise. The idea of splenda and water instead of honey sounds good! I´m very curious to hear if it tasts good if you try to make it!
    ???I thought yeast needs SUGAR to rise, not salt?? Am I confused?

My understanding is that yeast needs either sugar or the carbs present in the flour in order to rise and that sodium is included in breads for taste and as a preservative.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do think you could adapt it to be more girl friendly either by adding sesame seeds or Craisins (although Craisins are no longer allowed on IG for reasons I don't know about) or nothing at all!

I would def. try to avoid the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

If you really really like whole wheat flour, it's ok if you want to have some now and then as long as you are eating girl-friendly foods otherwise.

The reason why IG always suggests organic produce is because they thing pesticides make estrogen rise and sway blue. Everything I've read says that pesticide sways pink when men are exposed to it and may not sway at all when women are exposed to it, so I don't think organic is necessary for pink unless you like to eat organic for health purposes (although you should NOT under any circumstances expose either yourself or your husband to pesticide as a swaying technique). Organic dairy IS better for pink though because it doesn't have growth hormones or antibiotics in it - they say, anyway.

They have a product called Splenda for baking which you should use, obviously, for baking. Reg Splenda gets a weird taste when used in baking unless you mix it half-half with reg. sugar and the sugar will help the yeast rise.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ