Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not getting pregnant-please help!

Hello,

I would REALLY love a girl since this will be my last baby, but most of all I just want another healthy baby, as close as possible in age to my son/ I always wanted a 2 year age gap, which I would have had, but I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in December and have been unable to conceive since. I'm not sure if it's because of the d &c, or because of swaying, but I got pregnant the first month twice, so this is highly unusual for me. I have been following the diet for 6 moths and am so depressed-it is not fun, and I have missed a ton of social events because I can't eat. I am also destroying my body and health with allt his aspartame, lack of protein and fruits and vegs. I had a blood test last week and my potassium is quite low.
    Could the refresh and cutt off stop me from getting pregnant? Has anyone else had this problem? Should I switch to summers eve? Is it as effective? Can either of these prevent pregnancy? Could vitex be preventing pregnancy? I've been taking it af-o then stopping....I o after day 30 without it and around day 21 with it...
    My periods have been VERY light since hte d &c...this could be the problem too. Has anyone had a d & c, and had this happen (or not?)
    Thannks for any help. My due date is this week and I can't believe I'm not pregnant again yet. Should I try frequent bd through o? Has anyone else done this and had pink?
    THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't want to read and run but am on my phone so can't answer as fully as I'd like to. Please please drop the cut off!! It stopped me conceiving for a year and doesn't sway anyway. Keep the diet, it's the best thing in a pink sway. Hopefully others including Atomic can give you some more advice. Why don't you come on over to the longtermers thread too? Sorry I can't post a link from my phone. Hang in there, you've certainly had a rough time of it. We'll help as much as we can and support you all the way.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply!!!! It's SO HARD to stick to the diet after 6 months! I want to eat meat for bbq season! EVERYTHING has salt in it. I love fresh fruit and vegetables. I am SO sick of this diet after 6 months. I also LOVE coffee and get headaches when I give it up!!!! I only drink one or two cups in the morning but that and wine are the only thing keeping me sane during my supposed to be due date week after 6 months off ttc and swaying How bad are coffee and alcohol for ttc girl?\
    THANKS FOR ANSWERING ME! YOU MADE MY DAY!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemysonbut View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply!!!! It's SO HARD to stick to the diet after 6 months! I want to eat meat for bbq season! EVERYTHING has salt in it. I love fresh fruit and vegetables. I am SO sick of this diet after 6 months. I also LOVE coffee and get headaches when I give it up!!!! I only drink one or two cups in the morning but that and wine are the only thing keeping me sane during my supposed to be due date week after 6 months off ttc and swaying How bad are coffee and alcohol for ttc girl?\
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I did the LE diet for 8 months and prior to that I did the IG diet for another 8 months. I dropped that before dropping the cut-off 4 months later when I discovered this fab website. (see my siggie for details ) I know it's not easy missing out on meat, but it's so much easier to have a normal veggie lifestyle with the LE diet. You can eat as much fruit & veg as you like, just stick to the lower nutrient ones and don't snack. With most fruits you need to count cals but not with most veg. I ate loads of cauliflower, green beans, courgettes & cuccumber when swaying. I also ate veggie burgers (made with veg not soya) and veggie pizzas. Low-fat food ranges like Weight Watchers were a God-send.

I'll let you into a little secret, alcohol is thought to be good for a pink sway! No seriously, just as long as you keep it within your daily limits, it's great for declining the maternal condition. Red wine isn't so great though as it's full of anti-oxidants etc. Coffee is also fine, although I think you may have to consider what you put in it, I'm not sure as I just can't stand the stuff so didn't factor it into my sway. Diet pop is also very good, as is sugar-free gum.

It's entirely up to you, but you don't have to worry at all about counting salt within your limits. I started off like that, being influenced by my IG-swaying days, but gave up a few months in. It made everything sooo much easier! Atomic believes that it doesn't sway and I really think that's the case too. It's just impossible to avoid it in most cultures and features in a lot of cuisines!

I'm so sorry for your loss, it must have been a horrible time for you and now especially as you get closer to your due date. I can't help you very much with the Vitex or Rephresh questions as I didn't use either. You may want to drop Vitex, although I'm sure someone will be able to help you with that a bit better then me. Personally going with my gut instinct, I'd advise you to drop the Vitex and Rephresh first before trying frequent BD through O, as one attempt at opk+ sways harder. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in to help you there.

Here's some links to help you:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-library.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...nces-here.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...-rephresh.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...rs-thread.html
    (Long-termers thread)

I noticed that you're not a Dream member so you may not be able to access some of these links. I highly recommend joining as a member as it's only $12 for a year and is excellent value for money. (You can pay by Paypal, which is easy ) I ummed and ahhed at first, but took the plunge and am soooo grateful that I did. The support and wealth of knowledge is invaluable and the ladies on here are so non-judgemental. They've helped to carry me through some dark days when I thought it would never happen and are wonderful when it comes to understanding & empathising with our gender desire. As I haven't found out the gender of this baby yet, I may have a few more ahead of me too, but I know that they'll be there for me either way.

You're very welcome here and I hope you find all the information you need.
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; July 1st, 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am by no means an expert and I didn't get to really start the diet or take vitex Or any of those before getting my bfp as I got it the month I found this site but I just wanted to let you know I got pregnant after two d&c 's and have a beautiful and healthy little boy after the first one and a beautiful healthy baby girl after the second. I conceived my girl with frequent bd through o and this month last year too. I am really sorry for your loss but please God this will be your month. Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you and best of luck. Just wanted to let you know it's possible.

We feel blessed and happy that our family is complete.

Mammy to two angels in heaven.You will always be missed and loved.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes drop the cut off. BD once when you get OPK+. I ant sure whether rephresh actually helps sway or not - I used it as I had some from my initial 'sway shopping spree' but I am not convinced it helps. Perhaps check your ph and see if you think you need it. I found dream membership really helpful too. I took a while to join as I hadn't told DH I had decided on a third and wanted it to seem like a joint decision LOL! The details on PayPal or bank account don't say anything obvious like gender dreaming - just something general about babies I think.

Gin and slimline tonic is great for a pink sway and for your sanity!
    Oct 2012

Make a pregnancy ticker

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having trouble getting pg after a miscarriage is not unusual, but I do think they should do a check of your thyroid just to be on the safe side.

You need to tell me more about your diet. Fruits and veg are 100% allowed on LE Diet and you can literally DIE from not having enough potassium. Some fruits and veg are allowed on IG Diet. There is NO diet where you can't ahve any fruit or veg. You MUST be eating 2500-3500 mg potassium for your health and it is very dangerous for someone who is low in potassium to be avoiding fruit and veg.

Aspartame should be no more than 2-3 servings a day maximum. If you have been using more than that, drop it all together and do not use it again.

YES both cutoff and RepHresh can reduce odds of conception. Drop cutoff immediately and go for one attempt at positive OPK (the day before you expect to ovulate). Timing does NOT sway and we have gotten better results both in terms of getting pregnant, and also more girls conceived, by DTD one time at positive OPK. Then, you can use your last batch of RepHresh 24 hours before you expect to attempt (give or take, this is not an exact thing) and this should really help. If you don't get pg after 1-2 months with that, then drop the RepHresh, I just don't want to see you drop everything.

DO NOT switch to Summers Eve. That's WORSE.

Vitex can cause light periods and some people have had trouble geting pregnant while taking it. I do not recommend people using vitex after a loss until they're sure their cycles are back to normal. After 6 months on vitex it's time for a break anyway.

I would not recommend frequent BD through

Re diet and supps, I want you to add in one full fat yogurt a day, a coconut water every day, 4 eggs a week, shellfish twice a week, a zinc 8-15 mg taken every other day, iron 18-30 mg taken 3 days a week, and if you aren't already taking 1600 mcg folic acid, DO. Be sure you are using iodized salt or start taking an iodine supplement 150 IU.

PLEASE take this very seriously you are going to KILL yourself eating the way that you are. This is not the LE Diet and if you are doing IG Diet, you are not supposed to do that for longer than 6 months anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coffee and alcohol are allowed on LE Diet and wine may be a source of potassium you desperately need.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't even think salt sways blue. I got my DD eating tons of it as was my husband, after a failed sway where I was limiting sodium. Makes it way easier to stick to the rest of the diet.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi. Firstly..i am so sorry for your loss..
    I swayed for a year...in the middle of it i got preg but lost it at 12 weeks too and after my d&c did not get preg..i had to go on clomid!! I think for me i was very thin from the diet and my hormones were effected from the miscarriage so it wasnt happening without the push from clomid...i ended up getting preg second round on it.
    In terms of diet...i ate ONLY fruit and veg with rice or noodles or pasta..i never had breakfast and if i did have a snack i ate choc rice cakes. i followed the ig veg diet in some way like i avoided potatoes (in ireland :-) )and just ate lots if salad..the diet was tough esp as time went by!! At the end i added in more bread scones and an egg or two to help me get preg...i just needed to get on with it! I dont know if my baby is a boy or girl so cant give you any more advise! Hope it helps to know you are not alone and a trip to your doc might be worth it! I found just by telling my doc that i had not ovulated since my miscarriage was was enough to get the clomid..but i prob needed it too at that point!
    Last edited by cape grace; July 1st, 2013 at 01:32 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast