Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Questions about rePHresh and application for 2 day cut off attempt (and spotting before period)

Hi, so I'm going on cycle #3 (and only have two more attempts left before hubby calls it quits for good ......) and would like some advice regarding when I should use it. In the previous attempts, I used a whole applicator several hours each time before two BD attempts spaced 3 days apart and I guess that is too much for me, hence BFNs. (I'm also using sylk, baby aspirin, and antihistamines on BD days). This time I'm planning to do two BD attempts again, one attempt on CD13 and CD15, for a 2 day cut off.

1) My question is, is it a good idea to use a fingertip amount of rePHresh on CD14 (the day between my two BD attempts) and that's it? I really want to up my chances of getting pregnant since I only have two more tries. Would the sperm from the first attempt already make it past the cervix and not even be affected if I do this or would it help lower the count some?

2) How do you do rePHresh fingertip?? Is this just using a fingertip amount and inserting your finger as far up?

3) Unrelated question: I usually have spotting 2-3 days before my period. Does that have anything to do with progesterone or other hormonal issues or is that "normal"? I'm trying to make sure I don't have a condition that sways blue and if so, any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance genderdreaming ladies! You ladies rock!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you only have two attempts left I would not recommend the RepHresh at all.

Please elaborate on what you mean by the term "2 day cut off" because I don't think you mean what I mean when I say that. You should not do Shettles timing if you have a lmited amount of time to TTC.

I don't think a fingertip will do anything for swaying and I would not even bother with it.

Spotting a few days before AF, should not be an issue as long as you have 10-11 days after ovulation before the spotting starts. There is a theory out there that claims lower progesterone sways blue, but we have not seen good data supporting that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I am planning to BD twice - four and two days before expected ovulation, so stopping BD the night before I get a +OPK. Should I just do an attempt on the day of +OPK? (My husband is 38 and we are trying to do compressed frequent release.)

I do have about 10 days from my ovulation until the spotting occurs, so hopefully I'm in the clear from any progesterone issues.

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you only have two attempts left then it's hard to say what the right thing is. I do think one attempt is best, but it is going to be lower odds of conception. I would NOT have you do attempts 4 and 2 DBO, you'd actually be much better off doing one attempt at pos OPK. 4 DBO is slim chances of conception, and 2 is ok, but not as good as at pos OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ