Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the most sucessful method on here? When it comes to abstaining or BDing?

I have OPK's and am ready to track my ovulation

Is it better to have sex every day and then try on the day of a positive OPK? and then stop.

Or it it better to abstain completely?

Also when it says to BD every day from your period does it mean the start or end?

Anyone know what the best method is it when it comes to this or which one gets the most sucesses on here?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't MATTER what appears to be the "most successful" option on here. That isn't necessarily what you should do. Some husbands can't do abstain. Others can't do FR. Some people are over 35 or have no weight to lose or are on Clomid and need to get pregnant ASAP. There are SO MANY things that are more important than frequency, I just cringe when I read things like this.

Your sway has to be about so much more than what the stats on this site (or any site or study) say. The statistics can be totally misleading - when I started swaying I was on IG with a bunch of ladies who were 37 + and they were all doign O+12 for a girl because the stats looked so good on that. But none of them got pg that way and some of those ladies still do not have babies today, 5 years later. They squandered that irreplaceable time out of their fertile window based on stats that were bull--- anyway.

One attempt is swaying harder than all the frequency patterns. All adding frequency does, is add stress and make it harder to get pg with one attempt. So to my way of thinking it is better to drop frequency and stick to one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    as long as you don't do a big cut off, do whichever frequency method you prefer!
    low sperm count (achieved by frequency) does sway pink but only by a few % so I wouldn't stress much over it. The other things lower sperm count too (J&D, douching or gels, etc)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well i'm pretty new to this and I've been reading all day so sorry if I don't have the greatest understanding at the moment.

I'm 23 and DH is 25 and we conceived in 3 cycles with DS. I was on a typically boy diet with him and we DTD probably every 2nd day throughout my cycle. So I was boy swaying.

I'm just completely lost on the timing and frequency thing. I was just wondering if one or the other was the best in peoples experiences on here as I really don't know what to choose. Sorry if thats cringeworthy.

I'm very very new to this and I've been reading for hours and I've been told generally one attempt on the day of a positive OPK is one of the best things I can do.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I've just bought some replens and some OPK and pregnancy tests. Other than the replens I think I'm just going to try the diet.

It's going to be quite hard because I'm already a UK size 8/10 so I don't have MUCH weight to lose. Yet I am a typical boy diet person, lots of fast foot and salt and crisps.

I've told myself I'm going to
    -Skip breakfast
    -Cut down on salt, no red meat, no crisps
    -Eat more fruit, drink diet coke (which shouldn't be hard I drink about 3 cans a day already!)
    -Just try to cut down on everything and not have such giant portions for dinner
    -Use OPK's and have sex on the day I get an OPK and then not after that

Also as I work three days a week I'm going to have no breakfast, then a small snack for lunch and then a small dinner maybe with the occasional piece of fruit to keep me going. The only real exercise I get is about an hours worth of walking every day whether it be to work and back or taking DS places.
    Last edited by VioletDream; August 18th, 2013 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that sounds like a brilliant plan for you
    I'd aim to conceive as quick as you can, I don't have much to lose either and found that it just dropped right off me when I was swaying and became underweight very quickly when doing a girl diet. You don't want to lose too much as it can stop you ovulating altogether or make it harder to stay pregnant if you do get a BFP.. so the faster the better really (plus the diet gets boring very fast, so most of us want to get off it fast lol). You might find you need to eat a more substantial lunch too to make sure you're getting enough calories to slow weight loss.

as for your timing/frequency, we plan to do CFR again next time - releasing and discarding at pos OPK, then aiming to BD as soon as possible within 8hrs for our attempt. Unless you have a super-regular cycle for abstain purposes or a DH who is happy to FR every day without knowing when OV will be, it makes a good compromise.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you that is really helpful.

Do you BD as normal from end of period until you get a positive OPK? Then discard a release and then BD a few hours later or in the evening?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    before your pos OPK/attempt you could do what you wanted really provided you kept in mind that DTD unprotected wouldn't be lowering sperm count unless you'd stuck to FR, FBD, etc. Or if you wanted to DTD you could use protection

for your attempt you want it as close to the release and discard as you could

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again, Makes perfect sense

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I'm sorry I wasn't trying to give offense in any way. I answer dozens of q's a day and sometimes (most times) I write very quickly.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast