Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Family dinner ideas

If you are like me and need to make dinner for the whole family, what are you making? My husband is a huge meat eater, and he has expressed his discontent with this whole swaying business and doesn't want to change his habits at all...so I am looking for pink friendly dinners that will please the husband too. Maybe something with meat where the meat portion can easily be left out for me.
    I my 2009 2013
    Christmas Eve team green baby

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's so hard would love some ideas myself - at the moment I'm cooking 3 separate meals one for me one for hubbie and one for the kids!
    Mummy to 2 very handsome little men who are my world

DS1(4)
    DS2(2)

Preggers with ooops baby due April
    Either sex most welcome

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the UK so the brands etc may be different but I find the jar sauce dinners dead easy to cook big batches of and just leave out the meat.

Uncle Bens Oriental Sweet & Sour Sauce is mega low in calories and protein and fat and really tasty with loads of veg etc in it. It's really filling just over basmati rice with no chicken for pink sway and great for the family with chicken so cook it up, hubby and kids get chicken, sauce & rice, and get a serving of rice covered in just the sauce for yourself.

Others I used were the chicken tonight sauces over pasta with no meat. Spanish chicken, French country, honey and mustard, etc. Oh and all of them can be slow cookered if you prefer.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I need some of these ideas, too! I tend to cook at least 3 meals every night (me, dh, kids) - sometimes 4 because my teen won't eat what my toddlers do!

Hopeful - that's a great tip with the sauces and rice. I think we'll do that this week for sure. I know my dh and teen really love Mexican sauces, so I can easily do some veggies and rice for me with those... then maybe plain veggies and rice for the toddlers.
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulMonster View Post
    I'm in the UK so the brands etc may be different but I find the jar sauce dinners dead easy to cook big batches of and just leave out the meat.

Uncle Bens Oriental Sweet & Sour Sauce is mega low in calories and protein and fat and really tasty with loads of veg etc in it. It's really filling just over basmati rice with no chicken for pink sway and great for the family with chicken so cook it up, hubby and kids get chicken, sauce & rice, and get a serving of rice covered in just the sauce for yourself.

Others I used were the chicken tonight sauces over pasta with no meat. Spanish chicken, French country, honey and mustard, etc. Oh and all of them can be slow cookered if you prefer.
    How did I not know this about uncle bens?? Mmm going to stock up tomorrow
    Last edited by Funkyfry; August 24th, 2013 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typos
    two gorgeous boys

And a beautiful little girl

Our sway worked!!!
    Thanks atomic and all at GD X

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did just exactly what Hopeful did. I would make something that had veg/salad, side dish, meat, and sauce and then simply leave out the sauce for me. So I would make fried chicken, mashed potato/gravy, coleslaw, corn, and me just have the potato, slaw, corn. Baked chick with cheese/broc rice (Knorr's) and broccoli with extra cheese sauce, leave out chicken. Or I'd do burgers and fries and then just eat the fries. I would also do things like make burritos or spaghetti, make the meat in a separate pan, and then me have just bean/salsa burritos and spaghetti with marinara and no meat. Also did alfredo with chicken and cauliflower/broc but then cooked chicken separately. No one ever even paid any attention to what I was eating.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These are great! We've been eating a lot of stir fry and I just cook the meat in a separate pan. Frozen veggies have become a staple in our freezer because of all the stir fry I make. Oh and rice. Trader Joes has really yummy frozen veggies, can't remember exactly what they're called, but we love them. I'm lucky and my DH loves veggies though, but likes his meat too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.